Defective Acekard???

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by gk.7, Feb 24, 2009.

Feb 24, 2009

Defective Acekard??? by gk.7 at 1:12 AM (1,648 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. gk.7
    OP

Member gk.7 GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Well... I just got an Acekard from Deal Extreme. I have a 4gb Kingston and the lastest firmware (4.15). All I get is the "loading" screen and does not do anything else. I formated the card using the panasonic formatting tool. So, is the thing defective? What should I do?

2. Nathan-NL

Member Nathan-NL GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    You should contact DX, what else should you do? [​IMG]

3. gk.7
    OP

Mexico
    well... before contacting them... i wanted to see if there was something else... cuz basicaly if i return it, it'll be cheaper to buy another one. Unless i make them send me another one with expedited free shipping which i dont think its going to happen D:

4. drobb

Member drobb Hunter

United States
    well i dont know about you but i bought one for my niece and now its dead. sometimes it wont even load the warning at boot and if it does get past that it shows that there is no cart insterted. anyone have any ideas.

oh i forgot to mention it has a green pcb if that makes any diffrence.

5. RAIDEN!

Member RAIDEN! GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you should return it and get a new one xD

[​IMG]

6. gk.7
    OP

Mexico
    meh...like i said... it'll be more expensive

7. dagreenone

Newcomer dagreenone Advanced Member

United States
    I don't know, but I've heard people contacting the Acekard team directly when their cards are defective. Probably faster than dealing with DX.

8. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    DX pays for return shipping, so it won't cost you anything to return it to DX.

Has the flash cart ever worked? If not, it could be that you didn't install the firmware properly, that your microSD card or microSD reader is defective, that you corrupted your microSD card by not using "safely remove hardware", that you formatted it with the Windows format command rather than the Panasonic formatter, that you didn't leave enough free space on the microSD card for system files and save files, etc.

I have also heard that some newer DS's have shorter contacts, so you can place some tape on the PCB to help it make contact. It might be worth a try before you return it: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=131568

-Bri

9. gk.7
    OP

Mexico
    I guess i'll do that... dammit!!! D:

10. .willy_

Newcomer .willy_ Newbie

Brazil
    @gk.7
    I hear, is a little common acekard with problens, infortunately, I´ve one, and for my lucky, withou any problem, but I have requested from DX the Acekard2 + SDHC header and received just the Acekard 2...sooooooo, I sended to DX an e-amil and they just send me another Acekard 2 and a SDHC reader, I don´tthink you gone have some trouble with then

my poor engrish! sorry about that, if I didn´t make myself clear

11. gk.7
    OP

Mexico
    I got everything man... i dont translate words but ideas... and i mean translate because my mother language is Spanish. xD
    Thanks for your response [​IMG]

12. owmyballs

Newcomer owmyballs Member

United States
    Just checking.

When you look at your SDHC card directory does it look like this?
    [​IMG]

and browsing the _ak2 directory?
    [​IMG]

13. xrM

Member xrM GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    Do update us on whether the acekart team replaces it for you, I've got an AK2 coming in from DX too, hopefully it's not defective [​IMG]

14. kenio8185

Member kenio8185 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    i don't think this is the problem. Remember, he said that it goes to the loading screen and does nothing after that. If it were the contact problem then the regular ds screen would show up.

15. gk.7
    OP

Mexico
    Thanks for all you input guys. It's going to sound stupid, but the freaking thing works now. I don't know if it was because i formatted like 10 times, it told me it lost the format and then work like normal. Idk... but lets see for how long this works. I hope i don't run into any issues but we will see...

16. gates59

Newcomer gates59 Newbie

Canada
    I got my new acekard today and it is also defective from dx. It is the older stile with the chip sticking out. I also have an new one but still with the clips so I do know what I'm doing. It won't boot with akaio but with the original firmware it does but just freezes. It is like it is serching the sd card forever.