gk.7

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Well... I just got an Acekard from Deal Extreme. I have a 4gb Kingston and the lastest firmware (4.15). All I get is the "loading" screen and does not do anything else. I formated the card using the panasonic formatting tool. So, is the thing defective? What should I do?

Nathan-NL

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You should contact DX, what else should you do?
tongue.gif

gk.7

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
well... before contacting them... i wanted to see if there was something else... cuz basicaly if i return it, it'll be cheaper to buy another one. Unless i make them send me another one with expedited free shipping which i dont think its going to happen D:

drobb

Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i dont know about you but i bought one for my niece and now its dead. sometimes it wont even load the warning at boot and if it does get past that it shows that there is no cart insterted. anyone have any ideas.

oh i forgot to mention it has a green pcb if that makes any diffrence.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DX pays for return shipping, so it won't cost you anything to return it to DX.

Has the flash cart ever worked? If not, it could be that you didn't install the firmware properly, that your microSD card or microSD reader is defective, that you corrupted your microSD card by not using "safely remove hardware", that you formatted it with the Windows format command rather than the Panasonic formatter, that you didn't leave enough free space on the microSD card for system files and save files, etc.

I have also heard that some newer DS's have shorter contacts, so you can place some tape on the PCB to help it make contact. It might be worth a try before you return it: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=131568

-Bri

gk.7

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
dagreenone said:
I don't know, but I've heard people contacting the Acekard team directly when their cards are defective. Probably faster than dealing with DX.
I guess i'll do that... dammit!!! D:

.willy_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
@gk.7
I hear, is a little common acekard with problens, infortunately, I´ve one, and for my lucky, withou any problem, but I have requested from DX the Acekard2 + SDHC header and received just the Acekard 2...sooooooo, I sended to DX an e-amil and they just send me another Acekard 2 and a SDHC reader, I don´tthink you gone have some trouble with then

my poor engrish! sorry about that, if I didn´t make myself clear

gk.7

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
.willy_ said:
@gk.7
I hear, is a little common acekard with problens, infortunately, I´ve one, and for my lucky, withou any problem, but I have requested from DX the Acekard2 + SDHC header and received just the Acekard 2...sooooooo, I sended to DX an e-amil and they just send me another Acekard 2 and a SDHC reader, I don´tthink you gone have some trouble with then

my poor engrish! sorry about that, if I didn´t make myself clear
I got everything man... i dont translate words but ideas... and i mean translate because my mother language is Spanish. xD
Thanks for your response
yaynds.gif

owmyballs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gk.7 said:
Well... I just got an Acekard from Deal Extreme. I have a 4gb Kingston and the lastest firmware (4.15). All I get is the "loading" screen and does not do anything else. I formated the card using the panasonic formatting tool. So, is the thing defective? What should I do?

Just checking.

When you look at your SDHC card directory does it look like this?
ak_1.JPG

and browsing the _ak2 directory?
ak_2.JPG

xrM

Trophies
XP
Country
gk.7 said:
dagreenone said:
I don't know, but I've heard people contacting the Acekard team directly when their cards are defective. Probably faster than dealing with DX.
I guess i'll do that... dammit!!! D:
Do update us on whether the acekart team replaces it for you, I've got an AK2 coming in from DX too, hopefully it's not defective
rolleyes.gif

kenio8185

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Bri said:
DX pays for return shipping, so it won't cost you anything to return it to DX.

Has the flash cart ever worked? If not, it could be that you didn't install the firmware properly, that your microSD card or microSD reader is defective, that you corrupted your microSD card by not using "safely remove hardware", that you formatted it with the Windows format command rather than the Panasonic formatter, that you didn't leave enough free space on the microSD card for system files and save files, etc.

I have also heard that some newer DS's have shorter contacts, so you can place some tape on the PCB to help it make contact. It might be worth a try before you return it: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=131568

-Bri
i don't think this is the problem. Remember, he said that it goes to the loading screen and does nothing after that. If it were the contact problem then the regular ds screen would show up.

gk.7

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for all you input guys. It's going to sound stupid, but the freaking thing works now. I don't know if it was because i formatted like 10 times, it told me it lost the format and then work like normal. Idk... but lets see for how long this works. I hope i don't run into any issues but we will see...

gates59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got my new acekard today and it is also defective from dx. It is the older stile with the chip sticking out. I also have an new one but still with the clips so I do know what I'm doing. It won't boot with akaio but with the original firmware it does but just freezes. It is like it is serching the sd card forever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte