Hacking Decrease Loadiine Load-time?

• Thread starter KingpinSlim
  • Start date
  • Views 5,428
  • Replies 14
K

KingpinSlim

OP
I have read a while ago about someone who found a way to decrease the immense load-times on some Wii U titles by packing many smaller files into one bigger one.

Is that something that works on all games and is there a general tutorial on the subject?

D

Deleted User

OP
For Cemu (I think) you can pack all of the game's files into a WUD file, similar to the Wii's WAD format.
Loadiine GX2 does not support those formats, you must have an extracted version of the game, which will unfortunately add latency to some games, such as Super Mario 3D World.

K

KingpinSlim

OP
For Cemu (I think) you can pack all of the game's files into a WUD file, similar to the Wii's WAD format.
Loadiine GX2 does not support those formats, you must have an extracted version of the game, which will unfortunately add latency to some games, such as Super Mario 3D World.
I am aware of WUD files. That was however not what i mean't.

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does Super Mario 3D World still run slow in Loadiine, or is there a fix?

D

Deleted User

OP
Does Super Mario 3D World still run slow in Loadiine, or is there a fix?
It still ran a bit slowly for me, but its not that big of a deal. This issue is caused by the game storing all of its content in several hundred small files, unlike Smash Bros. which stores all of its files in several larger archives, which load quicker from an SD Card.

Reactions: HaloEffect17
K

KingpinSlim

OP
I used to have it on 32kb Allocation Unit Size and now i formatted to 64kb. I could have sworn it was significantly faster on 32kb, but hey. Havent played Wii U in a while.

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
I used to have it on 32kb Allocation Unit Size and now i formatted to 64kb. I could have sworn it was significantly faster on 32kb, but hey. Havent played Wii U in a while.
A Class 10 Card is another (better) option.

Here's some Class 10 Cards: Click here (Amazon); I'd recommend a SAMSUNG, Sandisk, or a PNY Card.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much same thing happened to me with Hyrule Warriors. I used a class 10 Samsung card, yes it was legit, I already scanned it and such. Anyway, I formatted 32kb, got annoyed about the loading screen taking forever, tried 64kb, and I swear the loading screen got even longer, lols!

Then I got the 3DS version, and those long loading screens were suddenly like 2 seconds, I was amazed.

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much same thing happened to me with Hyrule Warriors. I used a class 10 Samsung card, yes it was legit, I already scanned it and such. Anyway, I formatted 32kb, got annoyed about the loading screen taking forever, tried 64kb, and I swear the loading screen got even longer, lols!

Then I got the 3DS version, and those long loading screens were suddenly like 2 seconds, I was amazed.
Lol, maybe this is just my Experience...but games seems to load faster for me. But, of course the 3DS version loads faster, it's probably so damn lightweight compared to the Wii U Version.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, maybe this is just my Experience...but games seems to load faster for me. But, of course the 3DS version loads faster, it's probably so damn lightweight compared to the Wii U Version.
Yeah, I know, it's a shame too. The Wii-U version looks amazing, sure it has some frame drops, but it's NOT that bad. Sadly the 3DS version has more content, but less enemies. So it's content/fast load times vs graphics/more enemies. :S

fred0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I played around a little bit and have the impression that a lot of writes+deletes+rewrites makes the card a lot slower.
Ever since i always delete my whole sd card and recopy everything.

PK101

Cuttin' shit up in dis thread.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its called loadiine for a reason.

I played around a little bit and have the impression that a lot of writes+deletes+rewrites makes the card a lot slower.
Ever since i always delete my whole sd card and recopy everything.

Also welcome to the temp! It will consume your soul soon, so get comfy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.