Homebrew Decided to Downgrade.

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes just keep switching on and off and eventually it will work

I'll try it when I get home from work.Can I install Menuhax then once its downgraded? I only want Homebrew to play some Roms and edit my Pokemon Cart saves. Couldnt I just do this on Menuhax and an updated 3DS?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll try it when I get home from work.Can I install Menuhax then once its downgraded? I only want Homebrew to play some Roms and edit my Pokemon Cart saves. Couldnt I just do this on Menuhax and an updated 3DS?
Yes you can install menuhax once downgraded and yes for what you want to do you can already do using menuhax and hans but I would very much recommend doing the downgrade then setting up emunand for all the added benefits you get lol

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you can install menuhax once downgraded and yes for what you want to do you can already do using menuhax and hans but I would very much recommend doing the downgrade then setting up emunand for all the added benefits you get lol

Awesome! I'll have another crack in two hours

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
if the line of "ready to cia something" does not appear in 10-20 seconds, switch off and restart.
i tried with traditional sysupdater 8 times finally kickoff.

May use that Safesyssupdater's "check" option to verify your cia files before real diwngrade.

Reactions: ChokingVictim87

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
if the line of "ready to cia something" does not appear in 10-20 seconds, switch off and restart.
i tried with traditional sysupdater 8 times finally kickoff.

May use that Safesyssupdater's "check" option to verify your cia files before real diwngrade.
Is that the thing that checks all your files and says "good" or something in green text?
If so,I have done that and it was all fine:) I'll give it another shot later. I have a new 3ds and tried it 3 times so far. Is it better to try through Ironhax or Browserhax? Ive also heard something about selecting brony first then mashing B?

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can be frustrating but that is the cost of forcing devices to do things they weren't programmed to. Just gotta keep at and if one way doesn't work, try another. I was trying to downgrade my new3ds by using browserhax to get into homebrew launcher and it kept freezing in the same place. I eventually tried it using menuhax instead and it worked flawlessly after a few tries. I think it is just that the entry point (memchunkhax) is a bit finicky.

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
It can be frustrating but that is the cost of forcing devices to do things they weren't programmed to. Just gotta keep at and if one way doesn't work, try another. I was trying to downgrade my new3ds by using browserhax to get into homebrew launcher and it kept freezing in the same place. I eventually tried it using menuhax instead and it worked flawlessly after a few tries. I think it is just that the entry point (memchunkhax) is a bit finicky.
Do you think its worth installing Menuhax first then?

Last edited by ChokingVictim87,

reanoyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I was downgrading the 8 steps at launching were not showing
I solved it by formating the console, then it worked nicely

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
Got menuhax working,so thanks:) Gonna try downgrading now

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So when I click into the Sysupdater on the Homebrew menu,it goes to another menu selection screen where i have 3 options: Sysupdater with a grey picture,Region free thing,and a sys updater with a black picture of a 3Ds

Which sys updater do I choose?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.