Decade long XBOX Live Users receving Limited Edition 360

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

$50 x 10 = $500.00

Yeah, I think members actually bought this console instead.

No... no they didn't.

They bought a subscription to a service that that presumably wanted to make use of, and believed that the service was worth the price they were paying.

Now they're getting a free xBox.

I'm all for cynicism when there's reason for it. But comments like these are just whack.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No... no they didn't.

They bought a subscription to a service that that presumably wanted to make use of, and believed that the service was worth the price they were paying.

Now they're getting a free xBox.

I'm all for cynicism when there's reason for it. But comments like these are just whack.
I think he meant that 500 dollars isn't that much compared to the free 360 these guys are getting.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sure are a lot of sticks up a lot of asses in this thread.

Neat idea on microsoft's part. I'm curious to see what they'll sell for though. Not a huuuuge fan of the design, but I don't dislike it either.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

$50 x 10 = $500.00

I'd say there are (foolish) people who would pay over $500 for this "limited edition" console on ebay or whatever, so they might be able to get back all the money they've spent on Live over the years. That'd be nice for them I guess.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

$50 x 10 = $500.00

you forget the cost of the original xbox when it was roughly new and the cost of an xbox 360, plus games. I would guess some of these people have probably spent over a grand to get these xbox's. If it was worth it or not I suppose is up to the guys who end up with them

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you forget the cost of the original xbox when it was roughly new and the cost of an xbox 360, plus games. I would guess some of these people have probbly spent over a grand to get these xbox's. If it was worth it or not I suppose is up to the guys who end up with them
So all the money they've spent until now was only to buy this console? I don't know about you, but I get a lot of entertainment from my video games. I get a lot of entertainment from XBox live. In the end I would have never expected anything from Microsoft, let alone a gift this big.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So all the money they've spent until now was only to buy this console?

they were spending money on consoles to save up money to get limited edition console? no no, let us not confuse the issue, this is a loyalty reward, one pointed out how it would cost 500 dollars overall, I pointed out it is probably closer to a grand. As stated I reckon it's a pretty nice reward despite the colours resembling a packet of tic tacs.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder when everyone else will get a reward

"we are celebrating the 10th anniversary of Xbox Live by conducting special promotions for our members worldwide and today we began to surprise a select number of our loyal 10 year Xbox Live members in the U.S. with special edition anniversary consoles. These consoles were created for a special promotion and will not be available at retail locations.”

Says special promotions worldwide, but box is only for US. I guess promotions for everyone else will be a crappy sale or something, while the US gets the good stuff again.

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
meh, I'm not keen on how it looks....what would have been REALLY nifty would have been if the look of it was based on the OG Xbox, with a custom case and all..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.