Death toll from Gaza aid attack hits 20

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Live blog feed
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2010/...oops-gaza-ships

QUOTE said:
Israel's ministry of foreign affairs has updated its account of the clash on its website. The ministry says pistols were found on two activists.
"According to reports from sea, on board the flotilla that was seeking to break the maritime closure on the Gaza Strip, IDF forces apprehended two violent activists holding pistols. The violent activists took these pistols from IDF forces and apparently opened fire on the soldiers as evident by the empty pistol magazines."

Oh well, if there were empty Israeli army pistols found on the bodies then it must have been self defence. They're lucky these violent terrorists were a really bad shot, what with both of them being close enough to take a pistol off a soldier, emptying a full magazine and not killing anyone. *enormous eye roll*

Before anyone says anything stupid like "It was in international waters, how the hell isn't this piracy", don't kid yourself anything will actually happen over this, it'll just be chucked on the pile with the rest of the outrageous things Israel do which go unpunished. Until the rest of the world treats Israel like we treated South Africa during their apartheid, this one's not going to end.

OmerMe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
clownb said:
OmerMe said:
K.
I still don't really get what happened there, but I don't really care.. Why do you?

*looks at your location, sighs*
yay.gif

I have anything to say about this issue.
I don't even want to hear about it until it's all over.

It's stupid how everyone makes demons of Israelis whenever something happens.
I can understand why they took control of the ships, people aren't allowed to enter Gaza, and they could be trading weapons or something.

mad567 - So, because I'm Israeli I should care about every little thing Israel is involved in? Ok, there were ships there for a good cause. Ok, we're suspicous. Move on.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OmerMe said:
I can understand why they took control of the ships, people aren't allowed to enter Gaza, and they could be trading weapons or something.

Are you saying foreign aid workers could be trading weapons?
wtf.gif

I find the whole thing quite disturbing. Israel isn't making friends by denying these people aid, and then killing people trying to help them.

mad567

D. Gregar
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Greece
QUOTE said:

mad567 - So, because I'm Israeli I should care about every little thing Israel is involved iny? Ok, there were ships there for a good cause. Ok, we're suspicous. Move on.

I thinks it was clear that the ship was only for help.........
But wait a sec........It's no good to not be informed about what happened in your own country.......
That means you don't care and you follow every thing that some poeple order......

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel's attack tests NATO Doctrine
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2010/5/31/05949/4643

QUOTE said:
Israel's attack on the MV Blue Mamara, a Turkish vessel, means they just attacked a member of NATO. According to the NATO Charter, Article 5

The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence recognised by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area.

If you think there is wiggle room in that definition, you would be mistaken. Article 6 is explicit about where attacks will trigger responses. Vessels in the Mediterranean Sea are mentioned explicitly.

OmerMe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
mad567 said:
QUOTE said:

mad567 - So, because I'm Israeli I should care about every little thing Israel is involved iny? Ok, there were ships there for a good cause. Ok, we're suspicous. Move on.

I thinks it was clear that the ship was only for help.........
But wait a sec........It's no good to not be informed about what happened in your own country.......
That means you don't care and you follow every thing that some poeple order......
Could be, I believe it was there to help.

Not caring now makes me do everything people tell me to do?
And I sort of know what's happening, but like I said, I'll check it once it's already over.

Glyptofane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The attitude of even Israel's most benign minions is becoming quite clear. Don't give them a free pass this time, people.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Israel offered the ships to dock at our port and help deliver any humanitarian goods to Gaza and to make sure there are no weapon/tools for making weapons on the ships.
They refused .

When the soldiers boarded the ship, there was great hostility towards the soldiers and they attacked the soldiers with knives and metal-rods and they even managed to steal a rifle from one of the soldiers (while almost lynching him to death) and using it against the soldiers, there was no choice but retaliating in self defense.

Many people on the ship were people involved with terrorist group, seemed like they wanted to create an incident...
But of course this could have ended in less bloodshed.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
pitman said:
Israel offered the ships to dock at our port and help deliver any humanitarian goods to Gaza

Israel offered to confiscate the cargo and distribute it the way IT wanted. If its previous "aid" is anything to go by, that means keeping the whole place locked down and only allowing a quarter of the food and medicine needed in.

QUOTEWhen the soldiers boarded the ship, there was great hostility towards the soldiers and they attacked the soldiers with knives and metal-rods and they even managed to steal a rifle from one of the soldiers (while almost lynching him to death) and using it against the soldiers, there was no choice but retaliating in self defense.

Many people on the ship were people involved with terrorist group, seemed like they wanted to create an incident...
But of course this could have ended in less bloodshed.

You genuinely believe that people attacked heavily armed IDF commandos, elite members of the most advanced military in the world, with sticks and knives? That they managed to steal pistols from these commandos, empty the entire magazine at that range, and yet not kill anyone? I have a bridge I would like to sell you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them