Death toll from Gaza aid attack hits 20

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
pitman said:
They managed to injury heavily 10 soldiers.

BBC reported originally 4 soilders were slightly injured, Israel is now claiming 10 soldiers were injured but only one seriously.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
pitman said:
Many people on the ship were people involved with terrorist group, seemed like they wanted to create an incident...
But of course this could have ended in less bloodshed.

There was 28 Britons, a number of Greeks, Swedish and Irish aboard. Unless they're all part of terrorist groups. Maybe they took a leaf out of Israel's cap and only pretended to be those nationalities by forging other sovereign nations passports.
wink.gif

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Edhel said:
pitman said:
Many people on the ship were people involved with terrorist group, seemed like they wanted to create an incident...

There was 28 Britons, a number of Greeks, Swedish and Irish aboard. Unless they're all part of terrorist groups. Maybe they took a leaf out of Israel's cap and only pretended to be those nationalities by forging other sovereign nations passports.
wink.gif

That is why I hate debating politics/incidents, I always get info wrong
sleep.gif

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Edhel said:
pitman said:

wink.gif

In addition there are a couple of members of the media on board. I think its safe to say there're aren't any terrorists on board. Also why are soldiers in what I assume to be in international waters? I'm pretty sure Isreal have no legal right in restricting access to Palestine.

Glyptofane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
In addition there are a couple of members of the media on board. I think its safe to say there're aren't any terrorists on board. Also why are soldiers in what I assume to be in international waters? I'm pretty sure Isreal have no legal right in restricting access to Palestine.

International waters is confirmed. The massacre took place 90 miles off coast from the open air Gaza concentration camp.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I heard about this this morning. Not sure if any new information has come to light since but here's what I heard on BBC (from Israeli Representative)
1. There is a Naval Blockade around the Gaza Strip to prevent certain supplies getting there to fuel terrorism. Fair enough, makes sense.
2. Boat claiming to contain Humanitarian Aid refuses to be searched, suspicious so search with armed personnel is sanctioned in case of violent resistance. So far, so sensible
3. Shit goes wrong and people on the boat die
4. ??? I don't know whether there was any kind of Aid or weapons aboard the ship but up until the deaths it appears to me that Israel was doing what it should have. The boat was definitely suspicious and with the turbulent nature of the Strip precautions would need to be taken before boarding a ship trying to break the blockade.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jamstruth said:
I heard about this this morning. Not sure if any new information has come to light since but here's what I heard on BBC (from Israeli Representative)
1. There is a Naval Blockade around the Gaza Strip to prevent certain supplies getting there to fuel terrorism. Fair enough, makes sense.
2. Boat claiming to contain Humanitarian Aid refuses to be searched, suspicious so search with armed personnel is sanctioned in case of violent resistance. So far, so sensible
4. ??? I don't know whether there was any kind of Aid or weapons aboard the ship but up until the deaths it appears to me that Israel was doing what it should have. The boat was definitely suspicious and with the turbulent nature of the Strip precautions would need to be taken before boarding a ship trying to break the blockade.

Well one problem is that there should be free access to Palestine to distribute aid ( RE: William Hague/ Caterhine Ashton) so as I understand it, Israel have no justification for inspecting ships especially in internation waters. TEh general viewpoint is Israel have done something wrong mainly becasue they have previous form.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:

Actually Israeli officials already did know that there were no supplies in those ships to fuel terrorism... Actual intention was to prevent the blockade getting broken.

QUOTE said:

No instead they refuse being directed to a Israeli port... Remember no such suspicious supplies in the ship...

QUOTE said:
Watch the video here, indeed shit goes wrong... In international waters Armed Israeli soldiers being dropped from an helicopter... They are beaten by the people boarding the ship and strangely enough they don't just react in the video... Anyway that beating possibly doesn't go to the extent of killing those soldiers... It's a cleverly designed manuever by the Israeli army I guess... It was in the movie "The hurt locker" the last time I saw such friendly soldiers... bullshit...

http://video.milliyet.com.tr/Gemiye-iste-b...9988.htm?auto=1

Remember no such suspicious supplies in the ship... And even if there were Israel had no rights to seek that ship in international waters...

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
pitman said:
When the soldiers boarded the ship, there was great hostility towards the soldiers and they attacked the soldiers with knives and metal-rods and they even managed to steal a rifle from one of the soldiers (while almost lynching him to death) and using it against the soldiers, there was no choice but retaliating in self defense.

This shows IDF soldiers attacking and civilians being shot and killed before the ship was boarded, so it's clearly a lie that it was in retaliation to attacks from shortrange weapons like sticks or knives or guns stolen from IDF commandos.

Glyptofane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
This shows IDF soldiers attacking before the ship was boarded, so it's clearly a lie that it was in retaliation to attacks from shortrange weapons like sticks or knives or guns stolen from IDF commandos.

Of course it's a lie. Their terror state is founded and persisted on lies. It is time to take out the trash.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pitman said:
When the soldiers boarded the ship, there was great hostility towards the soldiers and they attacked the soldiers with knives and metal-rods and they even managed to steal a rifle from one of the soldiers (while almost lynching him to death) and using it against the soldiers, there was no choice but retaliating in self defense.

rolleyes.gif

No offense, but after all the incredibly well documented occasions of brutality and generally uncivilized behavior by the Israeli army toward the people living in Palestine, I don't ever take official news reports at face value. We're not just talking about reports, either. The video footage of day-to-day activity by the Israeli army is appalling. It has been for many years now. Of course, that's not a reflection of any individual Israeli citizen, as that sort of behavior isn't exclusive to the Israeli army. It doesn't make it okay, though. And I sure as fuck don't accept anything the Israeli government spouts as fact.

The only fact of the matter is, there are no easy answers and there's a whole shit-ton of grey matter that twists in a whirlwind over there. If you're not in the Israeli army or a muslim (of which I am neither) living in Palestine, you're basically living as far away from the intensity as the rest of the world. None of us know the real facts, but it IS okay to care.

Glyptofane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
The only fact of the matter is, there are no easy answers and there's a whole shit-ton of grey matter that twists in a whirlwind over there. If you're not in the Israeli army or a muslim (of which I am neither) living in Palestine, you're basically living as far away from the intensity as the rest of the world. None of us know the real facts, but it IS okay to care.

Christian Palestinians are treated no differently than Muslims. Religion is only a guise in this brutal siege. To Jews, this is a race war.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
GeekyGuy said:

I don't think it could be put any better than this.
smile.gif

My feelings on Israel are a mixed bag. I'm one of those that actually supports Israels right to exist, but I do not, can not and will not ever support the Zionists seizing land like that they have done. Nor can I justify the actions they take against the Muslims, but I also can't discount the acts of violence committed by Muslims. Both the Palestinians and the Zionists are terrorists in their own right.

Some of the most brutal imagery I've seen in the conflict are little known incidents that got very little coverage because they seem neither here nor their in the big picture but the 2 events will stay with me forever and will always be the little things that show the brutality and insanity of the whole situation.

The most brutal images I've seen from Israel was a handful of images taken during weapons preparation. The IDF were encouraging children and teenagers to write messages of hate on missiles. I know it sounds like nothing compared to all the violence committed by the Zionist government but it just captures it perfectly for me.

The most brutal images I've seen from the West Bank/Gaza side were a handful of pictures posted on a Facebook group along with a huge collection of comments from Muslims living there. The pictures were of a boy about 14 being set upon by a mob. He was on the floor, broken and bloodied and being stamped on repeatedly. His own mother was also involved with the execution (there's no other word for it) of the teenager. His crime? He felt compassion for a captured IDF soldier, released him and helped him escape back to Israel. The comments left by supporters, including the mother, were also just as brutal.

clownb said:
QUOTE(GeekyGuy @ May 31 2010, 11:03 AM) The only fact of the matter is, there are no easy answers and there's a whole shit-ton of grey matter that twists in a whirlwind over there. If you're not in the Israeli army or a muslim (of which I am neither) living in Palestine, you're basically living as far away from the intensity as the rest of the world. None of us know the real facts, but it IS okay to care.

Christian Palestinians are treated no differently than Muslims. Religion is only a guise in this brutal siege. To Jews, this is a race war.

You really believe that every Jewish person in Israel supports this? That's like saying that every Muslim supports terrorists, or that every American supports the US governments war in the Middle East. There's a huge difference between the average follower of the Jewish faith and the Zionists.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
My own two-cents to this matter; No one likes to be sheep that has no wool. Meaning that people who are judged will want something to cover their hides, America AND Israel are both guilty of this. For my personal quarry, why the FUCK there are still US soldiers in the middle east fighting against stablity for a country that has been fighting between religions before we were born? When will America realize that we can't win?! With that saying, what was our main reason to go to the middle east. To protect the Gaza Strip! BULLSHIT If you believe it was to take down Saddam or Taliban; We only did that so we can reconstruct the middle east with democracy. When you look at it, is it really working or it costing us millions and millions of inflate dollars to rebuild the damage our dumbasses has cause because we were aimlessly firing everywhere and I don't mean our bullets! Right now Obama will very wise to end this costly and endless petty war so that the so called system that the middle east was under we go into a full cycle once more. And if shit happens then they can solve it...

Now back to this subject, Israel is nothing different when it comes attacking something under suspicion. They did it so they can protect themselves which makes sense. However, using necessary force under suspicion is always a two way street, you want to protect yourself while understanding where's the aid coming from? So the result of violence was the conclusion. We shouldn't judge them base on their nationality or tactics, they did the same thing we US sailors will do when we see a small ship coming across our own. We will ask for it to steer clear away from us then we will shoot if they can't hear! Same thing, under suspicion you will be curious but also protecting your asses from the unexpected

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.