Engert

I love me
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
There is something like that in effect, it ends the moment you cross the borders though.

Americans are always right.

That's the tone of voice when crossing the borders.
Which brings me back to a question i had months ago for the French folks in this forum.
If i were to visit Paris and wore an American flag hat, American flag shirt, American flag pants, American flag shoes and spoke very loudly on the cell phone with a thick Texan accent, would the French people be receptive and embrace me with open arms?

Reactions: Deleted-236924

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If i were to visit Paris and wore an American flag hat, American flag shirt, American flag pants, American flag shoes and spoke very loudly on the cell phone with a thick Texan accent, would the French people be receptive and embrace me with open arms?

If you are not going to or from a sports stadium or a pub displaying a game taking place at one then wearing a flag of anything is considered very odd outside North America, I say having had a good laugh at various tools with the English flag emblazoned when at the tool shop today. Mind you should you can be fat, wearing flipflops, have a camera around your neck and a bumbag/fanny pack then it will complete the illusion.
Onto the actual matter though; Paris is an odd place, as is any capital city, but given such creatures are usually prepared to pay twice the odds on anything, tip copiously (in lands where tipping is not the norm or expected) and be in bed before they ruin a night out (or should they somehow venture out often buy drinks for lots of people) they will be... openly tolerated. Just do not expect any help if you are being mugged or ill short of expelling vile fluids in the path of foot traffic or other traffic.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought he was just your average fat 18 year old american living in his parents' basement and making stupid puns

Yup, pic included.

Vt1WZr3.png

Reactions: MelodieOctavia

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well maybe if you Brits had more than 6 episode per season, I wouldn't be so angry about Spaced ending so quickly.
Yeah we should really do what you guys do and pad them out to 20+ episodes so that by the end of the first SERIES the jokes have run dry and the writers quit to do other shows. Also instead of just showing them altogether week after week, we should not show it for a couple of weeks, even have mid-SERIES breaks...then when it returns show 3 episodes and then have a 3 week break and then suddenly cancel the SERIES and not show the rest of the episodes but it's OK, we'll put them on the DVD release...well on part two of the DVD release. :yaypsp:

Engert

I love me
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I thought you brits had a sense of humor and now you give me serious answers about Paris and London when i ask you about American tourists with American flags.
Man. I have been to both places and yes i have worn and American flag shirt and pants in an underground techno club in Paris. That was during my second trip.
I was so popular that night that i got laid twice.
Now what do you wanna talk about? Bush? Yes he's a retard. Any other questions? Yes people who voted for him are retards also. So that's almost half the country, half of which are retards and the other half are people with special interests.
Any other questions?
Oh yeah and don't delete my posts when i say shit about you Europeans either, especially Italians.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Man. I have been to both places and yes i have worn and American flag shirt and pants in an underground techno club in Paris.
Now what do you wanna talk about? Bush? Yes he's a retard.

Key words bolded there- lots of interesting substances and that style of music tends to make people inclined to love each other, similarly a curious dress sense (to the point where you might have been mistaken for someone making a joke) is also a staple there. Depending upon the timing of your visits you might even have hit a point where things were still relatively pure which is even better.

Now to get you to cast your mind back a choice song

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Who said I was from England?

Ignoring that and assuming the thing stamped on my passport means anything in this day and age (come one, come all is my general policy here and by blood and culture I am about as far from pure anything as is possible) is it an either or question? I suppose when push came to shove I would not bleed to defend the UK but, assuming it had not completely lost its way, I could see my hand cause some remarkably unpleasant things to happen in the defence of Europe. That said I can not really envisage a threat here and it fails to distract from a lack of distinction between one large arbitrary land mass/geographic area and another.

Reactions: Rydian

Engert

I love me
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Where i was going with that question is that some Brits classify themselves as something larger (European Union) and call themselves Europeans and some of them classify themselves as British.
I'm like, motherfucker, is your land connected to Europe? No. Then you're not Europeans. You're British or English or UK or whatever you like to call yourself. Anything but European.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Though the sea is still quite important does land matter so much when there are planes available (I would probably find it easier to be standing in Amsterdam in a few hours time than I would be to be standing in parts of Scotland)?
Similarly Europe dictates a lot of policy/law, I could quite happily up sticks tomorrow and go live somewhere within the European Union (though that is also odd as Europe and the European Union are not necessarily the same thing and the EU does not include some quite notable countries- there is also the EFTA and I guess also http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_4361.html plays into things).

I am probably also supposed to say Hawaii.

Reactions: Wizerzak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.