Hacking DealExtreme now has CycloDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH! Hmm that's interesting. I've never seen such a feature mentioned on their website or in any reviews... So is it like the CycloDS where you press L+R while you turn it on? It's odd I can't find a mention of this feature anywhere... Am I the only person in the world that cares about this?
tongue.gif

Which other carts have an autoboot last used rom feature?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
All you who had the "order recieved - in stock" status, check to say if it says "packaging" now. Also, what days did you order on?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
OH! Hmm that's interesting. I've never seen such a feature mentioned on their website or in any reviews... So is it like the CycloDS where you press L+R while you turn it on? It's odd I can't find a mention of this feature anywhere... Am I the only person in the world that cares about this?
tongue.gif

Holy shit, I've had my Cyclo for 2 months and never heard of this feature. Thank you so much for enlightening me. This makes it so much easier for me because all I play now is FFTA2.

(I'm being honest, since this feature is never advertised)

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
doyama said:
tongue.gif

Holy shit, I've had my Cyclo for 2 months and never heard of this feature. Thank you so much for enlightening me. This makes it so much easier for me because all I play now is FFTA2.

At least CycloDS tells you about the feature explicitly on their website. But you're correct in that most reviews don't seem to make a big deal out of this very unique feature. Which is odd because almost all carts today have a cookie cutter set of features. The GUI is basically the only thing that's different between any of the current generation carts.

Though I still can't find any reviews or documentation as to how to enable this feature on the AceKard2 or if any other cart has this feature as well.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
DeMoN said:
doyama said:
tongue.gif

At least CycloDS tells you about the feature explicitly on their website. But you're correct in that most reviews don't seem to make a big deal out of this very unique feature. Which is odd because almost all carts today have a cookie cutter set of features. The GUI is basically the only thing that's different between any of the current generation carts.

Though I still can't find any reviews or documentation as to how to enable this feature on the AceKard2 or if any other cart has this feature as well.

I don't think it needs enabling in any menu, you just need to know a button combo that will activate it when you boot up your flash card. Like I said, this feature is rarely advertised so it's probably going to be hard to figure it out.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Let's hope it doesn't go to from "packaging" to "processing - contact us for updates" and tell us they're out of stock when queried. They did that with my AK2 and said "the packaging is ready but the product has not arrived". I've been had that one time. Badly.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
doyama said:

You can find it in the patches menu.

QUOTE(Swip @ Jul 9 2008, 07:05 PM) Patches
Here you can:
  • Enable/disable patches globally for DS Download Play, Soft-Reset and Cheat/Action Replay.
    [*]Enable/disable Autorun , when enabled it automatically boots the last thing that you have launched previously (on start up you can override autorun by simply holding "B").
  • Choose which cheat database file you want to use.

This was from my review

JDMEVOIXMR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got this email:

QUOTE said:
Dear valued customer,

This is Tiffany from Dealextreme.

We are writing to inform you that your CycloDS (sku 14184) is still being held due to the supply issue from the Cyclo Team.

We deeply apologize for the wait. The delay is actually due to supply issues from a CycloDS dealer with their internal mess ups. If you are interested in learning more, details are included below.

But more importantly, DX is highly aware of the feeling of customers and the importance to solve the matter. Thus we would like to present the following options to you:

1. Receive for an immediate refund for the CycloDS AND we will send free NDS stylus (retail pack) as a way to thank you for your understanding.

** If you prefer full refund + free gift, please visit http://services.dealextreme.com/forms/OrderTracking.aspx to let us know of your choice.

or 2. wait for another week and we will either ship the CycloDS or contact you and offer the refund and gifts again.

** If you prefer to wait, simply do nothing and we will contact you again 1 week later.

As to what happened behind the scene, as you probaby know that DX always strive to offer the best price to customers like you and the price of the CycloDS have been negotiated and agreed upon with an official Dealer before listing. At the time listed no price restriction was put in place by either CycloDS or its dealer.

It was only a few days ago CycloDS has written directly to us demanding sharp price increase and warning about actions to be taken on supplies. Shortly after that, the dealer broke their promised initial shipment date. Although DX has cooperated with CycloDS by increasing prices of this product, the dealer still claims CycloDS is not providing stocks.

We are still working on this all days long and there is hope for upcoming shipment.

Thank you again for your understanding!

Best regard,
Tiffany

Bishang

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^^ That's kind of mean of the Cyclops team for holding back. They complies by increasing prices, they should give them the flashcarts now.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Searinox said:
Let's hope it doesn't go to from "packaging" to "processing - contact us for updates" and tell us they're out of stock when queried. They did that with my AK2 and said "the packaging is ready but the product has not arrived". I've been had that one time. Badly.
Aaaaaand they did exactly that.

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just going to sit it out and wait for my card. Cyclops team is some strange people. They really can't see what a blessing it is for them to be sold through DX. Is there a larger flashcart vendor? I highly doubt it since DX seems to have the deepest pockets since they don't deal in game accessory and hacking/mod merchandise exclusively. Hell, I found DX initially because I was shopping around for some high powered CREE LED flashlights (which they make tons of money from).

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a CycloDS from DX on the 4th. I just received this email from DX.

EDIT: Oops. I didn't notice someone above me posted the same email.

I think some of the comments above are turning this post into a RHS vs DX thread and I don't think it should be that way. I've been ordering from DX for a while and they've yet to do me wrong. Yes, this hassle is causing things to take longer than normal, but that is mostly due to the CyclcoDS Team than DX themselves.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
QUOTE said:
Some reseller related issues have come to our attention and as such we’d like to reassure our customers.

Firstly, stock is available for all resellers to purchase, there is no shortage now of black units and white units will be back in stock next week. We have heard comments that a certain reseller has announced that we have technical problems with our units, and so shipments are delayed. This is not the case at all. Any reseller who wishes to buy may do so now, units are freely available for sale.

As for pricing, we do ask for pricing to be kept at a reasonable level, but we do not stipulate exact pricing. This ensures that all resellers have a chance to benefit from sales of our product, whilst maintaining high levels of commitment to service and after sales service. We keep checks on resellers to ensure that service standards are met and any complaints from retail customers usually mean that we investigate the reseller in question, and if any wrong doing is found they are removed from our list of approved resellers. We also keep checks and balances to ensure that resellers are not selling clones or knock-offs.

Team Cyclops is always committed to serving our users. We are dedicated to providing the best support and software money can buy. Our reputation has been built on positive feedback and word of mouth. Please support the approved resellers, this ensures that you will get real Team Cyclops products and quality after sales support and service.

In other words, DX has an issue with the reseller itself. TC isn't holding back the reseller, they simply asked DX to up the price, the delays and TC's request to raise the price are unrelated. Whatever delays are happening now are on DX's side, so I guess it's back to their forums.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gez autoboot was one of the few features that the DS-X had.

OT: I love TC, DX, and RHS, but here's my take:

DX decided it would be wise to undercut everyone selling Cyclos at selling them next to cost. They bought through a different reseller (not directly from Team Cyclops)... when the huge discounted price caught fire on the internet, thanks to GBATemp and other places, Everyone flocked to DealExtreme to buy the cart. I almost bought another one as a backup, to be honest at that price point. Demand was too high, and whomever they were buying the carts from said "we can't get anymore at this price". Somehow TC got wind of this, or maybe DX even directly contacted them, and we're like "plz give us more Cyclos cheap".. TC refused, as they would undercut pretty much every other reseller, and if DX ever went under, or negotiations went south, they would have effectively burned bridges with every other reseller, including our beloved RealHotStuff.

It's a shitty situation all around, but both sides are telling slightly different stories, I wonder what the truth of the matter really is.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:
Gez autoboot was one of the few features that the DS-X had.

OT: I love TC, DX, and RHS, but here's my take:

DX decided it would be wise to undercut everyone selling Cyclos at selling them next to cost. They bought through a different reseller (not directly from Team Cyclops)... when the huge discounted price caught fire on the internet, thanks to GBATemp and other places, Everyone flocked to DealExtreme to buy the cart. I almost bought another one as a backup, to be honest at that price point. Demand was too high, and whomever they were buying the carts from said "we can't get anymore at this price". Somehow TC got wind of this, or maybe DX even directly contacted them, and we're like "plz give us more Cyclos cheap".. TC refused, as they would undercut pretty much every other reseller, and if DX ever went under, or negotiations went south, they would have effectively burned bridges with every other reseller, including our beloved RealHotStuff.

It's a shitty situation all around, but both sides are telling slightly different stories, I wonder what the truth of the matter really is.

I agree, if Team Cyclops doesn't set a minimum price, then DX will be the only place to buy a Cyclo from and we'll all have to wait a month for it.

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no, DX is Walmarting the flashcart industry! But seriously, people will always have the choice to pay a little more to get it from another vendor. It's just most people don't choose to pay more when they don't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo