DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Discord better not have region locked invite links, that is seriously a retarded move if they did.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Alright I think I fixed it, some strange reason the forums decided to partially trash the link lol.

Reactions: Alexander1970

UVB-76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I recently noticed that the cheat db for pokemon diamond has cheats other than what I used on my Action Replay. The reason I'm posting this is basically because of the usefulness of the codes. In the Ïn battle cheat list, the codes for the Action Replay did not require to press a button (they did work all the time without pressing a key to activate it, the Restore health code usually was named Infinite health and didn't needed to be activated by pressing "start" all the time. The same counts fot the one hit kill code which now requires to press "select" every time a new pokemon pops up. With the old Action Replay codes this wasn't needed.) So I just wonder if there's a reason for it to be this way?

Like to hear some info about it.

Kind regards.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I recently noticed that the cheat db for pokemon diamond has cheats other than what I used on my Action Replay. The reason I'm posting this is basically because of the usefulness of the codes. In the Ïn battle cheat list, the codes for the Action Replay did not require to press a button (they did work all the time without pressing a key to activate it, the Restore health code usually was named Infinite health and didn't needed to be activated by pressing "start" all the time. The same counts fot the one hit kill code which now requires to press "select" every time a new pokemon pops up. With the old Action Replay codes this wasn't needed.) So I just wonder if there's a reason for it to be this way?

Like to hear some info about it.

Kind regards.
Some of the codes have changed over the years for various reasons. Your list more than likely contained earlier (legacy) versions of the codes. What is in the databases is more optimal than what the ARDS devices has to offer. The reason the buttons exist in some cases is because too many writes in RAM can cause performance issues depending on the flashcart you use (some carts even crash with certain writes). All the legacy codes have since been improved upon, so nothing is missing. Codes are renamed constantly to match the actual concept of the code, some code names are pretty generic and in some cases, really lousy. the one hit kill code is set this way because it actually messes up badly in double battles, so making it so you have to press a button is less of a hassle on the game than restarting. I personally don't see a problem with button conditions for codes, it's not a hassle.

Jorge Gomez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

So basically, I stumbled upon this post and wanted to import this database into DeSmuME for MacOS but so far haven't found any option to import a .dat file (the usrcheat.dat file that comes with the package from GitHub). Am I supposed to transform this file to a different format for it to be used in DeSmuME? Is there an option within DeSmuME I'm ignoring?

Inside the Emulator, I go to Emulation -> Show Cheat Manager.. but there's nothing there about importing, only creating cheats.

It would be alright if I could just read the usrcheat.dat file and copy paste the AR codes myself (as long as they have a description or title at least). Anyway, any help here is appreciated.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

So basically, I stumbled upon this post and wanted to import this database into DeSmuME for MacOS but so far haven't found any option to import a .dat file (the usrcheat.dat file that comes with the package from GitHub). Am I supposed to transform this file to a different format for it to be used in DeSmuME? Is there an option within DeSmuME I'm ignoring?

Inside the Emulator, I go to Emulation -> Show Cheat Manager.. but there's nothing there about importing, only creating cheats.

It would be alright if I could just read the usrcheat.dat file and copy paste the AR codes myself (as long as they have a description or title at least). Anyway, any help here is appreciated.
The problem though is DeSmuMe's built in cheat system is actually incomplete and very clunky, yes the codes will work however the problem is things like cheat descriptions and what not isn't well implemented currently, in fact that "Description" box is actually supposed to be the cheat code title box (what do I know though, not like I know the differences between a title and an actual description), I have pitched the idea to add more functions to the emulator related to cheats but sadly they were just shoved off to the side (at first glance it was made to look like my idea wasn't bad but in the end my idea just like most others ideas ended up swept under the rug and forgotten about). The trick though is to add the databases to the emulator, even though you can't add cheat descriptions like you see in the databases themselves (there is a huge limit on how much information can be put in the box), the information is still forced to import into the emulator, not only that but there is a symbol that splits between the cheat title and cheat description (still a botched method make cheats display correctly but alright I will give it that at least), however now you deal with yet another problem.....you can't scroll to see the rest of the description if it is actually lengthy. Mind you DeSmuMe has been around for years, why the hell is it still using a broken system for cheats?...Yea needless to say I wish I was a better programmer, that is some bullsh..(technical difficulties, hang in there)....sorry about that, back to what I was saying. Even if you snagged the codes from the databases, what you want isn't possible unless you add the cheats.dat (rename usrcheat.dat) to the cheats folder of DeSmuMe. I know it works too because I have done it multiple times, unless of course the developers broke that function entirely with the recent nightly builds, in which case.........The moment when you wish you could do right what was done so wrong (please MelonDS do a better job).....

Note:
You will need more than just a cheat title, some codes have cheat descriptions telling you what buttons to press and or how to utilize the code. One other issue I want to address is that DeSmuMe isn't an accurate DS emulator, so if you use certain cheats on DeSmuMe and have no issues, you can't say the same for the real deal hardware, I know first hand all about these inaccuracy experiences, it's really frustrating to say the least.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,

Witz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi DeadSkullz

I know you are probably busy right now fixing on the cheats but I was wondering if you knew about the Final Fantasy 3 cheats not being able to work. Pretty much a heads up to save you time.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi DeadSkullz

I know you are probably busy right now fixing on the cheats but I was wondering if you knew about the Final Fantasy 3 cheats not being able to work. Pretty much a heads up to save you time.
What?? I tested all of them and they work for me? Define not working please.

Make sure you enabled cheats before launching the game, choosing codes to use doesn’t turn the cheat functionality on automatically.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,

Witz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What?? I tested all of them and they work for me? Define not working please.

Make sure you enabled cheats before launching the game, choosing codes to use doesn’t turn the cheat functionality on automatically.
well the codes i tried were the wifi mails (both 99 and mails sent), all daggers and complete beastiary.

I probably haven't enabled cheats, and I don't know how I would do so, however, the cheats for other games such as Tactics A2 (specifically infinite gil) works, which is really weird

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I use this Cheat Database with my R4i Gold card and I noticed a strange glitch when playing Zelda Spirit Tracks. I only had 2 cheats activated: Max/Infinite Hearts, and Train Invincibility. Anyway, I was in the Castle and was going to Zelda's room to get her and take her to the Tower of Spirits(?). When I left the room with her, she was in Spirit form, but when I got to the Train, she was in normal form. I dunno, just thought it was strange for that to happen before it was supposed to :P

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I use this Cheat Database with my R4i Gold card and I noticed a strange glitch when playing Zelda Spirit Tracks. I only had 2 cheats activated: Max/Infinite Hearts, and Train Invincibility. Anyway, I was in the Castle and was going to Zelda's room to get her and take her to the Tower of Spirits(?). When I left the room with her, she was in Spirit form, but when I got to the Train, she was in normal form. I dunno, just thought it was strange for that to happen before it was supposed to :P
Hmmm that is strange, however no reports of this situation have been made when using cheats. I will look into this but I don’t think the codes did this.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Summon Night X: Tears of Crown patch you gave me worked! Thanks!

By the way, the altwfc server has changed to no SSL, so you don't need to use an AP patch for it anymore, you only need to use their DNS to access it. However other servers might still require it, I've only used Altwfc though. How much space do the altwfc patches use? Are they small so removing them wouldn't change the size of the database, so it's easier to keep them in case another server still uses them?

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Summon Night X: Tears of Crown patch you gave me worked! Thanks!

By the way, the altwfc server has changed to no SSL, so you don't need to use an AP patch for it anymore, you only need to use their DNS to access it. However other servers might still require it, I've only used Altwfc though. How much space do the altwfc patches use? Are they small so removing them wouldn't change the size of the database, so it's easier to keep them in case another server still uses them?
AP stands for Anti-Piracy and doesn't have anything to do with the AltWFC content, I think you were meaning the AltWFC patches that allowed you to go online with the games. The patches themselves don't consume any extra space as they replace bytes not add more to it, as for the cheats I have in the databases those are universal to any server that still uses patches/cheats for services like AltWFC.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AP stands for Anti-Piracy and doesn't have anything to do with the AltWFC content, I think you were meaning the AltWFC patches that allowed you to go online with the games. The patches themselves don't consume any extra space as they replace bytes not add more to it, as for the cheats I have in the databases those are universal to any server that still uses patches/cheats for services like AltWFC.
Hi! Yes, that was a typo. That's great then! I personally don't use cheats online, but the AltWFC patch was great because you didn't need to patch your games to use it! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl: :rofl: