chronoss GBAtemp Addict

Congo, Republic of the
    Thanks ;)

alexander1970 likes this.
  2. Ultrasteeloid

Ultrasteeloid Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Activating cheats on some games causes my dstwo plus to freeze.I read that it's caused by action replay codes that the system can't handle.Can you fix this please?

3. DeadSkullzJr

OP DeadSkullzJr Developer
    Developer

United States
    Check your private messages.

4. AsPika2219

AsPika2219 Pikachu going beach!

Malaysia
    Thanks for updates! :nds:

5. DeadSkullzJr

Developer

United States
    No problem!

AsPika2219 and alexander1970 like this.
  6. autofire

autofire Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The Pokémon Pearl Version (USA) code "No Wild Battles If Running" appears to be wrong somehow. It froze my 3DS and my DS Lite running the game from a Supercard DSTWO+, and flat out didn't work in any DS emulator.

I have not had any such issues with the Pokémon Platinum equivalent.

EDIT: Just tested; the code for Platinum doesn't work either. Has anyone ever gotten the DPP "No Wild Battles If Running" codes to work? The Heart Gold code works fine.

Last edited by autofire, Jun 16, 2020
  7. s1aught3r

s1aught3r Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi.

I just recently got ahold of an ace3ds plus(+) game card that I am using on my DS Lite.

I downloaded the most recent files needed from the ace3ds website to run games, etc.

But I am confused on how I can put your database into my game card. I have not seen any type of specific direction on how to input it into my SD card.

Not sure if I missed something but hoping someone can help troubleshoot this with me to get cheats working. Thanks!

Last edited by s1aught3r, Jun 21, 2020
  8. ThatOneKid62

ThatOneKid62 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello, looking to download the file but whenever i click the download link it only shows text saying "too many requests." is there another place where i can download it or is there something wrong with my computer

9. DeadSkullzJr

Developer

United States
    Yea I just noticed this, you'll have to download the file needed manually from the repository:
    https://bitbucket.org/DeadSkullzJr/nds-cheat-databases/src/master/

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Some codes may not work correctly still since I still have to look at some of the old codes (this one wasn't made by me, so it seems this is one of those where I have to try and fix it).

EDIT: Pearl is fixed. Diamond and Platinum are working as intended, I am unsure why you are having issues with the Platinum version of the code. Check to make sure cheats aren't disabled (DeSmuMe disables cheats by default even if you tick the box to enable them, it's a toggle option when you hover over the cheats option).

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr, Jun 22, 2020
  10. autofire

autofire Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Not sure why I was having issues with Platinum, either. I just tried, and the code works fine now...

11. Draexelion

Draexelion GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Are widescreen cheats included in this pack?

12. DeadSkullzJr

Developer

United States
    Yes, but are only useful for the 3DS or emulation on PC.

andreiarturo and Draexelion like this.
  13. Draexelion

Sweden
    So I've been playing Pokémon soul silver on my r4i-sdhc on my n3dsxl and been having problems where the game would freeze into a black screen with the music still running in the background. I tried everything, ap patching the rom as well as trying every ROM there is out there, but nothing worked. Today I've been playing without the usrcheat.dat and I haven't had any freezes at all, so I think it's the cheats. The cheats I had active were the widescreen cheat, 100% catch rate and the speedup v2. Has anyone had problems like these? @DeadSkullzJr could you look into this please? Thanks in advance! Btw, I've also had an issue with Kingdom hearts re:coded where it will hang on the loading screen forever, so I think it's the widescreen cheat. I will try out both games without the widescreen cheats today. One more thing, when I put the usrcheat.dat into twilight menu++ and tried to load the cheats for soul silver, twilight menu crashed with a white screen and froze. So there's definitely something wrong with the cheats.

Last edited by Draexelion, Jul 6, 2020
  14. DeadSkullzJr

Developer

United States
    I recommend you try the codes on YSMenu as the R4i kernels are extremely buggy with the cheat engine. Considering these codes have been around since either 2.1.0 update or 2.2.0 update, this is actually the first report against said codes, so we have to play process of elimination first before the codes can be considered broken.

Widescreen is not designed for the Nintendo DS, DS Lite, or DSi. These are designed for the 3DS or PC based emulators.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr, Jul 7, 2020
  15. Draexelion

Sweden
    I forgot to mention that I am using ysmenu.

16. ShedinjaBoy

ShedinjaBoy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm trying to play Pokemon Black with the AP-bypass code, and while it stopped the no exp. gain, the game still freezes at random points after only a few minutes. I want to know if the cheat isn't working 100% or it's something wrong with the rom itself
    Using a DSTT with Wood R4.

17. Draexelion

Sweden
    See my thread here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-soul-silver-black-screen-freeze-on-r4i-sdhc.568917/#post-9116650 and this one right here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-3d...menu-replacement.472200/page-577#post-9121770 and try to see if turning off all the cheats makes your game not freeze. Also, try a ROM without the ap patch and if that doesn't work,patch it with this tool from this thread right here: https://gbatemp.net/download/retrogamefan-nds-rom-tool-v1-0_b1215.35735/. Have you tried using ysmenu?

18. ShedinjaBoy

ShedinjaBoy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Did some testing and ran into these issues.
    Unpatched roms, with no codes, don't get any exp and freeze after a battle
    With the code, they run into the problem I described in my earlier post
    And every single patched rom, whether I did it myself or not, still can't make it past the first battle without crashing (exp's fine). Code doesn't even do anything now
    I'll see if ysmenu makes a difference. I tried using Twilight Menu earlier but it couldn't launch any games even though everything else worked.

UPDATE: YSMenu seems to have fixed everything! I was able to beat the first gym in one session, and I don't even need the code anymore!

Last edited by ShedinjaBoy, Jul 8, 2020
    Draexelion likes this.
  19. MOD_ALONE

MOD_ALONE Newbie
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Where is cheat for new super mario bros ds u?

20. Draexelion

Sweden
    Glad it worked out for you! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - DeadSkullzJrs, Databases, Cheat