Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by DeadSkullzJr, Nov 7, 2017.
why buy a pre installed 208 game cart?
buy a flashcart
put games you want.
It's more involved then simply dumping the roms onto a SD card. You have to put firmware onto it in order to get it to work on your DS, 3DS, 2DS.... From what I have seen on several YouTube videos....
I got it working finally but I have some questions on how to use them. I selected them in the settings but do I have to press a few buttons to activate them in the game? Do do it each time I start playing? I'm trying to get the codes to work right for the Sonic Classic Collection. Trying to use the emerald codes but one seems not to work. Getting a emerald when getting a blue ball in the special stages. As soon as I press the buttons which is L and R and I try going through the Giant Ring it just disappears... Instead of taking me to the special stage... The other codes seem to work but this one...
That is strange, the 208 game cart may not support cheats properly. Those game carts are technically flashcarts with a microSD card already in it, however their functionality can be questionable at times, especially in cases like this. How much space do you have left on that microSD card? Could you provide some screenshots of whats on the microSD card? I can determine what type of kernel the cart is using and we can go from there.
— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —
Posts just updated on me so disregard the top comment, I will test the cheats for that game. Some flashcarts require one extra step to activate them, did you save what you wanted to use or did you just turn some cheats on and exit?
Cheat works just fine for me, strange it is acting like that for you.
DeadSkullzJr's Cheat Databases (v1.8) - January 27, 2018
v1.8 - January 27, 2018
1. Added and updated the SCC cheats.
2. Added the DS Phat Backlight Control cheats to each game.
3. Added Anti-Piracy Bypass codes to numerous games.
4. Cleaned up the cheats for numerous games.
5. Added Cheats for the following games:
- 4 Elements (Europe) (B4EP)
- 7 Wonders - Treasures of Seven (USA)
- Animaniacs - Lights, Camera, Action! (Europe) (Rev 1)
- Barbie and the Three Musketeers (Europe) (BB3P)
- Barbie and the Three Musketeers (Europe) (BB3Y)
- Big Time Rush - Backstage Pass (USA)
- Cats and Dogs - The Revenge of Kitty Galore (USA)
- Chronicles of Mystery - Curse of the Ancient Temple (Europe) (Rev 1)
- Crystal Mines (Europe)
- Enchanted (Europe)
- Enchanted (USA)
- Game Hits! (USA)
- Gauntlet (Europe) (Proto)
- Gauntlet (USA) (Proto)
- Giana Sisters DS (USA)
- Heathcliff! - Frantic Foto (USA)
- Littlest Pet Shop 3 - Biggest Stars - Purple Team (Europe)
- Lock's Quest (Europe) (CSPX)
- Mahou ni Kakerarete (Japan)
- March of the Penguins (Europe)
- March of the Penguins (USA)
- Mario Party DS (Japan) (Rev 2)
- Mario Party DS (USA) (Rev 2)
- Max & the Magic Marker (Europe)
- Max & the Magic Marker (USA)
- Meet the Robinsons (Europe)
- Meet the Robinsons (USA)
- Monster High - 13 Wishes (Europe)
- Mr. Bean (Europe)
- New Super Mario Bros. (USA) (Alpha Replica v2.5)
- New Super Mario Bros. (USA) (Classic Adventure Beta v0.1.2)
- New Super Mario Bros. (USA) (Endless Earth Demo v0.03a)
- New Super Mario Bros. (USA) (More Super Mario Bras. 2 v1.1d)
- New Super Mario Bros. (USA) (More Super Mario Bras. B.E. DS v1.4c)
- New Super Mario Bros. (USA) (Super Mario Run DS v2.0)
- Phineas and Ferb - Quest for Cool Stuff (USA)
- Plants vs. Zombies (Europe) (BWBX)
- Pocket Monsters - HeartGold (Japan)
- Pocket Monsters - HeartGold (Korea)
- Pocket Monsters - SoulSilver (Japan)
- Pocket Monsters - SoulSilver (Korea)
- Pokemon - Edicion Oro HeartGold (Spain)
- Pokemon - Edicion Oro HeartGold (Spain) (Light Platinum Christmas English v0.1.4)
- Pokemon - Edicion Oro HeartGold (Spain) (Light Platinum Christmas Spanish v0.1.4)
- Pokemon - Edicion Oro HeartGold (Spain) (Light Platinum English v0.1.5)
- Pokemon - Edicion Plata SoulSilver (Spain)
- Pokemon - Goldene Edition HeartGold (Germany)
- Pokemon - HeartGold Version (Europe) (Rev 10) (Golden Edition v2.6)
- Pokemon - Platinum Version (Europe) (Rev 10)
- Pokemon - Platinum Version (USA)
- Pokemon - Platinum Version (USA) (Bloody Platinum v1.0)
- Pokemon - Platinum Version (USA) (Enhanced Edition v1.5)
- Pokemon - Platinum Version (USA) (Origin Platinum v1.51)
- Pokemon - Platinum Version (USA) (Paradox Platinum Alpha v1.1)
- Pokemon - Platinum Version (USA) (Perfect Platinum GUI v1.0)
- Pokemon - Platinum Version (USA) (Prestigious Platinum Beta v1.1)
- Pokemon - Platinum Version (USA) (Rev 1)
- Pokemon - Platinum Version (USA) (Sol Platinum v2.0)
- Pokemon - Silberne Edition SoulSilver (Germany)
- Pokemon - SoulSilver Version (Europe) (Rev 10) (Golden Edition v2.6)
- Pokemon - Version Argent SoulSilver (France)
- Pokemon - Version Argent SoulSilver (France) (MindCrystal French v3.0.2)
- Pokemon - Version Or HeartGold (France)
- Pokemon - Versione Argento SoulSilver (Italy)
- Pokemon - Versione Oro HeartGold (Italy)
- Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon - Ao no Kyuujotai (Japan) (Rev 1)
- Puzzler World 2013 (Europe)
- The Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks (Europe) (Rev 1)
- ThunderCats (USA)
- TNA Wrestling Impact! - Cross the Line (USA)
- Tsumiki - Block Drop Mania (USA)
- Tsumiki - The Infernal Tower (Europe)
- Tsunde Tsumikiss (Japan)
- Where the Wild Things Are (Europe)
- Where the Wild Things Are (USA)
- Xia-Xia (USA)
- Zhu Zhu Pets - Quest for Zhu (Europe)
Had to reupload guys, caught an error in the older upload, all fixed now!
I put in the cheat.dat in the correct folder in my R4i Gold 3DS RTS' microSD card, but I didn't get the "Cheats" option after pressing Y on a ROM.
I tried with usrcheat.dat in the color text folder too, and now I got the "Cheats" option, but doesn't matter how many times I press X or the button, no cheats or other menu appears.
What can I do here? I got latest firmware for my card.
That is strange, did you go into the settings under the "Patches" section and set the AR cheats to "on"?
Hey, I found an old usrcheat.dat whilst searching for Rayder's mega cheat compilation for my R4 Revolution. It has some cheats from games missing in your own, and I'm hoping it'll help with growing the file.
I'm uploading it as a .txt file, because apparently this site doesn't agree with .dat files
I'll look into it, thank you. I recommend you host it on filetrip or something, it will be harder for me to use the text file.
You can simply rename it to .dat.
I realized this yesterday, I had a brain fart moment, don't mind me lol.
just wanna say thanks again for all your hard work in this.
No problem, I hope this becomes more useful in the future. For now enjoy!
Sorry, but, MY GOD I FOUND IT!!! I finally got ahold of the old usrcheat.dat. Turns out, the WayBack Machine has its uses. If you search the old cheats.gbatemp.net on the archive, they still have working download links to all the old cheat files. I'll put it up as a .txt again, just for simplicity's sake (yes, it's just renamed to a .txt, I'm not actually editing the file, sorry for the confusion last time), but if you're looking for others to help in your compilation, that's where to find them.
The file is updated to Pokémon B/W 1, so late 2011. If you download the file from the archive, it has a full list of the games in it. Also, apparently it's so big that the old R4s can't read the cheats for games past the letter T, so that's something to be cautious about.
My database already has everything from that usrcheat file already. Mine was based on the official CMP usrcheat database from 2012. Everything in that 2011 database is present in the current versions we have today. The original R4 flashcarts weren't able to read big databases like we can today, this was due to hardware limitations as well as the whole limited SD space requirement issue (2GB). As we speak the Pokémon Black and White cheats are far more expanded than the ones present from 2011 and 2012 all together. Everything you see in those old databases for those games are already present in the current database and then some. Thank you though, I really appreciate you digging through the archives for it.
Ah, sorry, then. I was under the impression that these were hard to find, as there wasn't really a paper trail leading here seeing as the old site is down. I've been checking usrcheat.dat files by using them on my own R4, and it's come to my attention that it's not showing me cheats for all of the games I have them for.
Kind of annoying, though, as to rectify the issue, I've been trying to upgrade some firmware for nearly an entire day, which has been a right pain.
Again, sorry for potentially wasting your time, and if I do, in fact, find another old cheat.dat I'll make sure to check it first before raising an alarm.
You are not wasting my time dude, nobody is, I better never EVER hear you say that again (I'm not mad). You only wanted to help me out, there is nothing wrong with that, I appreciate everything you guys have done for me. If it wasn't for everyone's help, I doubt I would have gotten as far as I have currently. Whether the databases you guys find are obsolete or better than what I have here, please post it, my objective is to make this the MOST useful set of databases for everyone to enjoy, to kill the trouble of finding the right databases. I just want to give something for the public to utilize. Regardless of how "obsolete" flashcarts are, I still enjoy using them, it seems I'm not alone either . I was just stating that everything from that 2011 database was already integrated into the current one I have here .
Bump. Amen. All that good stuff.