DeadSkullzJr's Flashcart Cheat Databases

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by DeadSkullzJr, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Flame

Flame Me > You

GBAtemp Patron
    Flame is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 15, 2008
    why buy a pre installed 208 game cart?

buy a flashcart
    buy microsd
    put games you want.
    ???
    profit

2. MagicalWingLT

MagicalWingLT Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2008
    United States
    It's more involved then simply dumping the roms onto a SD card. You have to put firmware onto it in order to get it to work on your DS, 3DS, 2DS.... From what I have seen on several YouTube videos....

3. MagicalWingLT

MagicalWingLT Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2008
    United States
    I got it working finally but I have some questions on how to use them. I selected them in the settings but do I have to press a few buttons to activate them in the game? Do do it each time I start playing? I'm trying to get the codes to work right for the Sonic Classic Collection. Trying to use the emerald codes but one seems not to work. Getting a emerald when getting a blue ball in the special stages. As soon as I press the buttons which is L and R and I try going through the Giant Ring it just disappears... Instead of taking me to the special stage... The other codes seem to work but this one...

4. DeadSkullzJr
    OP

DeadSkullzJr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    That is strange, the 208 game cart may not support cheats properly. Those game carts are technically flashcarts with a microSD card already in it, however their functionality can be questionable at times, especially in cases like this. How much space do you have left on that microSD card? Could you provide some screenshots of whats on the microSD card? I can determine what type of kernel the cart is using and we can go from there.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Posts just updated on me so disregard the top comment, I will test the cheats for that game. Some flashcarts require one extra step to activate them, did you save what you wanted to use or did you just turn some cheats on and exit?

ninjistix likes this.
  5. DeadSkullzJr
    OP

Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    Cheat works just fine for me, strange it is acting like that for you.

6. DeadSkullzJr
    OP

Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    Major Update!

DeadSkullzJr's Cheat Databases (v1.8) - January 27, 2018
    Changelog
    Download:
    https://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/cheat-files/download-deadskullzjrs-cheat-databases-v1-8-f33707.html

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr, Jan 28, 2018
    ninjistix likes this.
  7. DeadSkullzJr
    OP

Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    Had to reupload guys, caught an error in the older upload, all fixed now!

ninjistix likes this.
  8. Psycake

Psycake Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2017
    Mexico
    Hey there.

I put in the cheat.dat in the correct folder in my R4i Gold 3DS RTS' microSD card, but I didn't get the "Cheats" option after pressing Y on a ROM.

I tried with usrcheat.dat in the color text folder too, and now I got the "Cheats" option, but doesn't matter how many times I press X or the button, no cheats or other menu appears.

What can I do here? I got latest firmware for my card.

9. DeadSkullzJr
    OP

Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    That is strange, did you go into the settings under the "Patches" section and set the AR cheats to "on"?

ninjistix likes this.
  10. HrrrPenny

HrrrPenny Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2018
    Australia
    Hey, I found an old usrcheat.dat whilst searching for Rayder's mega cheat compilation for my R4 Revolution. It has some cheats from games missing in your own, and I'm hoping it'll help with growing the file.

I'm uploading it as a .txt file, because apparently this site doesn't agree with .dat files

Attached Files:

11. DeadSkullzJr
    OP

Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    I'll look into it, thank you. I recommend you host it on filetrip or something, it will be harder for me to use the text file.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr, Feb 15, 2018
    ninjistix likes this.
  12. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    You can simply rename it to .dat.

13. DeadSkullzJr
    OP

Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    I realized this yesterday, I had a brain fart moment, don't mind me lol.

ninjistix likes this.
  14. ninjistix

ninjistix GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2016
    United States
    just wanna say thanks again for all your hard work in this.

15. DeadSkullzJr
    OP

Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    No problem, I hope this becomes more useful in the future. For now enjoy!

16. HrrrPenny

HrrrPenny Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2018
    Australia
    Sorry, but, MY GOD I FOUND IT!!! I finally got ahold of the old usrcheat.dat. Turns out, the WayBack Machine has its uses. If you search the old cheats.gbatemp.net on the archive, they still have working download links to all the old cheat files. I'll put it up as a .txt again, just for simplicity's sake (yes, it's just renamed to a .txt, I'm not actually editing the file, sorry for the confusion last time), but if you're looking for others to help in your compilation, that's where to find them.

The file is updated to Pokémon B/W 1, so late 2011. If you download the file from the archive, it has a full list of the games in it. Also, apparently it's so big that the old R4s can't read the cheats for games past the letter T, so that's something to be cautious about.

Attached Files:

Last edited by HrrrPenny, Feb 18, 2018
  17. DeadSkullzJr
    OP

Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    My database already has everything from that usrcheat file already. Mine was based on the official CMP usrcheat database from 2012. Everything in that 2011 database is present in the current versions we have today. The original R4 flashcarts weren't able to read big databases like we can today, this was due to hardware limitations as well as the whole limited SD space requirement issue (2GB). As we speak the Pokémon Black and White cheats are far more expanded than the ones present from 2011 and 2012 all together. Everything you see in those old databases for those games are already present in the current database and then some. Thank you though, I really appreciate you digging through the archives for it.

18. HrrrPenny

HrrrPenny Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2018
    Australia
    Ah, sorry, then. I was under the impression that these were hard to find, as there wasn't really a paper trail leading here seeing as the old site is down. I've been checking usrcheat.dat files by using them on my own R4, and it's come to my attention that it's not showing me cheats for all of the games I have them for.

Kind of annoying, though, as to rectify the issue, I've been trying to upgrade some firmware for nearly an entire day, which has been a right pain.

Again, sorry for potentially wasting your time, and if I do, in fact, find another old cheat.dat I'll make sure to check it first before raising an alarm.

19. DeadSkullzJr
    OP

Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    You are not wasting my time dude, nobody is, I better never EVER hear you say that again (I'm not mad). You only wanted to help me out, there is nothing wrong with that, I appreciate everything you guys have done for me. If it wasn't for everyone's help, I doubt I would have gotten as far as I have currently. Whether the databases you guys find are obsolete or better than what I have here, please post it, my objective is to make this the MOST useful set of databases for everyone to enjoy, to kill the trouble of finding the right databases. I just want to give something for the public to utilize. Regardless of how "obsolete" flashcarts are, I still enjoy using them, it seems I'm not alone either :). I was just stating that everything from that 2011 database was already integrated into the current one I have here :D.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr, Feb 18, 2018
    Leafgreen26 likes this.
  20. Leafgreen26

Leafgreen26 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 17, 2017
    United States
    Bump. Amen. All that good stuff.