Hardware Dead Pixel Or Just A Smudge?

mrtimotei

No More Heroes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This really hasn't been an issue with me until now. I got my 3DS at launch, and just a few days ago, I noticed what appear to be dead pixels on my screen. But, the weird thing is that I only see them when I turn the 3D on. When it's off, I don't see them at all. Is it just a smudge? Are they really dead pixels? I would upload photos, but it isn't easy to take a photo of the 3DS when the 3D is on. And like I said, you only see them when the 3D is on.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
This really hasn't been an issue with me until now. I got my 3DS at launch, and just a few days ago, I noticed what appear to be dead pixels on my screen. But, the weird thing is that I only see them when I turn the 3D on. When it's off, I don't see them at all. Is it just a smudge? Are they really dead pixels? I would upload photos, but it isn't easy to take a photo of the 3DS when the 3D is on. And like I said, you only see them when the 3D is on.
Don't you think a dead pixel would be dead either way? I could be wrong, cause 3D is like two screens at once, but... maybe it's just a scratch; we got a used 3DS with the classic top-screen lines, and you can't tell they are there if 3D is off. As soon as 3D is on, though, even the tiniest bit, they are clear as day. Do you have a screen protector on it? And something that should be reassuring is that at least the warranty should still be good.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i noticed mine had a spot too but its not a dead pixel its always there its like a dim spot that looks like something trapped between the layers of the screen or the clear plastic layer over it,the top screen near the middle ,ithough it was somethingi could wipe off, but i bought it right before ambassador ended so now im kinda stuck ,unless i buy a new system transfer ambassador switech them ,switch the back battery covere and return it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1