Son of p1ngpong
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man, this is a problematic cart. It just stopped working, when I turn on my GBA it just gets the "Gameboy" screen and nothing happens. When I have the EFA client search for the card it says that there is zero capacity on the card and all of the ROMs that were on it are now gone.

I can't open it up because the screw was already slightly stripped and I kind of made it worse. This sucks.

Any ideas?

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
you didn't charge it for 8 hours or you have a motherboard with nForce chipset that doesn't detect the cart properly.

No, I made sure to charge it for 8 hours when I got it and I have no idea what chipset is in my mother board but the EFA was working fine for like two days and suddenly stopped.

If I had either of the chipsets mentioned in your sig it wouldn't have recognized it at all in the first place right? I should also mention that my GBA doesn't even recognize the cart.

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm. It was working great for like two days and then quit all of the sudden. I was playing for a bit and then turned off my GBA only to find that the GBA wasn't recognizing the cart when I turned it back on.

When I hooked it up to my computer I get this message in the client: "NO Long Card ROM left: 0.00Mbits RAM left: 0Kbits."

Also, I'm using it from a 1.1 port and is there any way I can find what kind of chipset I have without opening up my computer?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
turns out the EFA-Linker II selling on DX is a fake, it is more or less a 1G version of the EFA-Linker simple, a double sized version of the purple cart.

If your program can't detect the cart and the correct size, YOUR COMPUTER IS USING A USB CONTROLLER THAT IS INCOMPATIBLE. READ my sig WHY.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-