Dead EFA Linker II

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by PizzaPasta, Aug 22, 2008.

Aug 22, 2008

Dead EFA Linker II by PizzaPasta at 9:20 PM (1,734 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. PizzaPasta
    OP

Member PizzaPasta Son of p1ngpong

United States
    Man, this is a problematic cart. It just stopped working, when I turn on my GBA it just gets the "Gameboy" screen and nothing happens. When I have the EFA client search for the card it says that there is zero capacity on the card and all of the ROMs that were on it are now gone.

I can't open it up because the screw was already slightly stripped and I kind of made it worse. This sucks.

Any ideas?

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    you didn't charge it for 8 hours or you have a motherboard with nForce chipset that doesn't detect the cart properly.

3. PizzaPasta
    OP

United States

No, I made sure to charge it for 8 hours when I got it and I have no idea what chipset is in my mother board but the EFA was working fine for like two days and suddenly stopped.

If I had either of the chipsets mentioned in your sig it wouldn't have recognized it at all in the first place right? I should also mention that my GBA doesn't even recognize the cart.

4. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    the nForce doesn't pick it up at all. the SiS chipset detects it but can't access it properly. you also need to do it from a 1.1 or 1.0 USB port and not a 2.0 port.

5. PizzaPasta
    OP

United States
    Hmmm. It was working great for like two days and then quit all of the sudden. I was playing for a bit and then turned off my GBA only to find that the GBA wasn't recognizing the cart when I turned it back on.

When I hooked it up to my computer I get this message in the client: "NO Long Card ROM left: 0.00Mbits RAM left: 0Kbits."

Also, I'm using it from a 1.1 port and is there any way I can find what kind of chipset I have without opening up my computer?

6. gillescwb

Newcomer gillescwb Newbie

Brazil
    I`m facing exactly the same problem! did you find any solution on it???
    Thanks for reply!

7. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    turns out the EFA-Linker II selling on DX is a fake, it is more or less a 1G version of the EFA-Linker simple, a double sized version of the purple cart.

If your program can't detect the cart and the correct size, YOUR COMPUTER IS USING A USB CONTROLLER THAT IS INCOMPATIBLE. READ my sig WHY.