Official ddd - WiiU Title Dumper

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Cyan, Mar 11, 2016.

1. iAqua

iAqua

GBAtemp Patron
    iAqua is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    snippity

Last edited by iAqua, Dec 30, 2016
  2. apt4893

apt4893 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2016
    Canada
    Anyone have luck with Splatoon (US version)? I dumped twice but when I loadiine it loads to black...

3. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    See what you have for files and bytes. The decrypted NUS version is 607 files, 12 folders, 1,761,141,063 bytes. (Properties of the game folder in Windows)

4. apt4893

apt4893 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2016
    Canada
    Mine is 2,147,863,781 bytes. I did download an encrypted version from JNUSTool but wasn't sure how to decrypt or even make it usable.

5. Famicon

Famicon GBAtemp Fan

Sep 24, 2013
    United States
    I tried ripping Mario and Sonic Sochi 2014 and it keeps freezing at this file:

vol\content\movie\cmn\aslcmn0_1.mp4

6. apt4893

apt4893 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2016
    Canada
    I had similar problems on Hyrule Warriors and Lego City Undercover. I don't think ddd is perfect, but it does do the job on the most part.

If you don't mind me asking, why not try the USB loader method?

7. Famicon

Famicon GBAtemp Fan

Sep 24, 2013
    United States
    On a Wii U game? How?

8. Famicon

Famicon GBAtemp Fan

Sep 24, 2013
    United States
    Anyway how do I skip a certain file during a dump?

9. Conn0r

Conn0r GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Not much. With wupserver/wupclient you can dump them running iosuhax. The trouble is making a native UI in IOSU space.

10. AdamvsMaximvs

AdamvsMaximvs Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2016
    Canada
    Hey Everyone, I'm having a bit of a problem trying to get DDD to work. I have HBC installed and have tested the Asteroids game, etc, no problem. I've gotten the latest DDD and Titledumper from the link in the first thread.

I get my ip 1962.168.2.254 from ipconfig, start titledumper with *titledumper.exe /vol "C:/WiiU/Game/MarioKart 8/" and get the 'waiting for wiiu connection' line. After putting my ip into DDD I press X, go to the home screen and start MK8. The game always loads normally though. I've tried my PC and two laptops each with a unique IP, but the game always loads. Any tips?

PC's a Z170 on Windows 10, cmd is run as admin, Wireless AC.... I'm really not having a lot of luck here.

Thanks

11. apt4893

apt4893 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2016
    Canada
  12. Hking0036

Hking0036 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Is there anything we can do with /meta/manual.bfma files? Metroid Zero Mission has a manual in the files for example, and can open it in game but it's not offered on the nintendo site like some others.

Last edited by Hking0036, Nov 23, 2016
  13. JohnathanMonkey

JohnathanMonkey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    I am having an issue with this. I used this all the time in the Loadiine days, but for some reason, I can't get it to work now. I put in my ip address in DDD (192.168.2.127), on my pc, I open cmd and type titledumper.exe /vol for everything and my output folder and press enter. It says waiting for Wii U connection. I press X to go back to the home screen and click on the game I want to dump, but the game just loads normally. Am I doing something wrong? This is a game I have dumped before using the same method as well.

Last edited by JohnathanMonkey, Nov 23, 2016
  14. BenBlueBlur

BenBlueBlur Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2016
    United States
    I am having trouble dumping Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. I get the dumping started, but it just stops dumping at pack_000_map.cpk, which is the first file in the content folder. I tried doing it over and over again, and it got a little farther every time, but it just keeps stopping. I can't get past it. Just for context, I wish to use the Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE restored patch, but I just can't get this dump! Other people have a dump and can are using the patch. How did they get a dump? Is there a problem with my computer? Or is it some problem with ddd that just needs to be fixed? Response would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by BenBlueBlur, Dec 29, 2016
  15. Irastris

Irastris GBAtemp Maniac

May 3, 2015
    United States
    Don't use ddd. ddd is an outdated method and results in improper dumps. Use a proper libiosuhax enabler (such as Mocha) and FTPiiU to dump your copy.

16. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Doesn't that take a long time given that it's capped at 500 KB/s?

17. Irastris

Irastris GBAtemp Maniac

May 3, 2015
    United States
    No it's not. I've had transfer rates of up to 800kb/s according to FileZilla.

Worth it for a proper dump in my opinion.

18. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Still a tad slow for games that are like 10 GB, but to each their own I suppose.

19. BenBlueBlur

BenBlueBlur Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2016
    United States
    Uh, thank you for this information. Sorry, but I'm a newbie at this. Could you at least describe to me how to get a dump from using libiosuhax mocha with FTPiiU? I looked them up, and it just overwhelmed me with crazy command prompt-looking stuff. Also, I need to get a dump in Loadiine format. It didn't look like the code, content, meta format from what I saw on the libiosuhax page. Again, I'm sorry. I'm new to this. I just want to play uncensored Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

Last edited by BenBlueBlur, Dec 30, 2016
  20. Cyan
    OP

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted