DCIO Prototype in the making...

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hacker cybdyn has begun working on a prototype nicknamed DCIO, that will allow for loading games from an SD/HDD on a Sega Dreamcast. Although there is already a solution that allows for playing from SD, it is quite buggy and game compatibility is lacking. DCIO would be a complete replacement of the GD-ROM. It is a GD-ROM emulator. Cybdyn is part of the PSIO team, the team already making a similar solution for the original Playstation.

Source

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Does anyone even have a saturn? I dont know ANYONE (IRL) that has one. And I mean, I know quite a few gamers...

Hehe, the Saturn-ODE would be interesting to me and about 14 other people across the world. Big money to be made by whoever takes on that great business opportunity... ;)

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seriously wishing for a HDD solution for the DC. All the games on a 2.5 HDD but then again, I guess I could go for an emulator but it wouldn't be the same.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Love it, love it, love it! Every drive emulator out there prolongs the life of our beloved hardware ten-fold. Even though it's still relatively easy to find replacement parts for the laser assembly these days, it's only going to get more and more difficult with time. I really hope similar work can be put in other typically problematic disc-based systems such as the SEGA Saturn (which was really close to getting an ODE at one point already with a working prototype and all) or the Neo Geo CD (which could benefit from an ODE in more ways then one - I mean, those loading times...).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them