Homebrew DBZ Legit CIA

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i see, a very reasonable concern.
and if you feel unsure about following instructions, it really is better to not just dive into something like it.

however, the guide really is very easy and will result in more free games and stuff.

there's also a browser add on
https://github.com/ivanfon/3ds-guide-enhanced/releases
that does enhance the guide on https://3ds.guide/ with checkboxes and progress bars, so its easier for you to keep track where you are in the guide and what you did last if you need to scroll up and down.

maybe install the addon and just read through the guides instructions a little. i went through the old guides 3 or 4 times and asked questions before i even started installing anything to familiarize myself with the process the first time. maybe it'll get less scary for you if you do that too.

but its ultimately your decision.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

isnt DBZ: Extreme Butoden for the European console bundle???
it definitely was a bundle in europe. its the one i bought cause it came on 9.6.

the cia he tried to use seems to be region free, so its either altered and not legit anymore, or it wsn't a legit version in the first place.
truth be told, with cfw becoming as easy as it did recently, legit cias are probably getting scarce, as there's not much reason to keep the links fresh now

Reactions: NuikopeaDemon

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having CFW is safer than not. Had that CIA been compromised in anyway and bricked your 3DS you'd wish you would've installed CFW. Yes, there are risks in installing but the risks are far less than of you installing something else that can brick you. Homebrew has been known to brick consoles so if you're going to be dabbling in Homebrew then I would highly suggest installing A9LH and Luma3DS, you'll have recovery and even if you brick from using Homebrew or doing something unsafe then your chances to recover are far greater with CFW. There's even a homebrew that downloads all the files and places them in their rightful places. Here it is... https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-a9lh-guide-file-downloader.457439/

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't wanna mess up my 3ds by bricking it

I wanna be safe than sorry

no matter what people say... I just don't want to do anything that will make it brick please understand what I'm coming from
I a9lh'd both my o3ds and n3ds and followed the simple guide and it was so easy a monkey on cocane and energy drinks could do it

Reactions: Skyshadow101

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So why exactly is everyone in this thread jumping on this guy for not wanting a cfw? I mean it's the better option of course, but the second he said he didn't want it the next step would be to just leave it at that. We can't tell him where to get it since linking the various websites would be against the rules, but I don't see the point in endlessly parroting "get cfw" when they already said "no".

As for the op as has already been made clear installing games to an unmodified sysnand can be very dangerous. If anything goes wrong you'll brick your system, and have no way of fixing it. That's really not worth the price of a single game. If you decide to try again anyway then make sure you do your homework first. A region free cia is typically not going be be legit. There are threads on a certain 3ds website with iso in the name that have all the legit cia files on them(though whether they are updated or not idk). Your best bet is to look there. Naturally you'll have to find it yourself since linking to it is against the rules, but just be aware of the risks before installing something to your system.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So why exactly is everyone in this thread jumping on this guy for not wanting a cfw? I mean it's the better option of course, but the second he said he didn't want it the next step would be to just leave it at that. We can't tell him where to get it since linking the various websites would be against the rules, but I don't see the point in endlessly parroting "get cfw" when they already said "no".

As for the op as has already been made clear installing games to an unmodified sysnand can be very dangerous. If anything goes wrong you'll brick your system, and have no way of fixing it. That's really not worth the price of a single game. If you decide to try again anyway then make sure you do your homework first. A region free cia is typically not going be be legit. There are threads on a certain 3ds website with iso in the name that have all the legit cia files on them(though whether they are updated or not idk). Your best bet is to look there. Naturally you'll have to find it yourself since linking to it is against the rules, but just be aware of the risks before installing something to your system.
I don't think recommendations for installing CFW classifies as "jumping on someone" for not wanting it. They don't want it for the wrong reasons. There's more to lose without having it installed, that's all anyone was trying to get across. The OP is scared of bricking from installing CFW when they should be worried about bricking from possibly installing something and not being able to recover, especially when you're not well versed in homebrew and one oversight could mean a hardmod or new console.

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think recommendations for installing CFW classifies as "jumping on someone" for not wanting it. They don't want it for the wrong reasons. There's more to lose without having it installed, that's all anyone was trying to get across. The OP is scared of bricking from installing CFW when they should be worried about bricking from possibly installing something and not being able to recover, especially when you're not well versed in homebrew and one oversight could mean a hardmod or new console.
If you read my whole post you'd see that I mentioned the risk of bricking. Also there are people in this thread who made posts with clear derogatory comments. "so easy a monkey on cocaine and energy drinks could do it"? How else is the OP supposed to take that if not as offensive?

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you read my whole post you'd see that I mentioned the risk of bricking. Also there are people in this thread who made posts with clear derogatory comments. "so easy a monkey on cocaine and energy drinks could do it"? How else is the OP supposed to take that if not as offensive?
No, I read your whole post. I was simply reiterating. Anyway, that's one person posting something like that(I just went through the whole thread), not "everyone".

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see any point in continuing this any further, so I'll just leave it with this: he said several times he doesn't want to install a cfw. It's not a good decision, but it was the one he made. Suggesting that he do so further will only serve to frustrate him. What I'm suggesting is that the OP not try to install the game as a legit cia at all since the risk of doing so just isn't worth the reward. (free game vs broken console. Easy choice imo). I just didn't see anyone really trying to actually help the OP within the conditions that he asked, so I did myself.

Edit: when i say i don't see any point in continuing the conversation i mean that in a literal sense. i feel like if it goes any further it'll just devolve into an argument which nobody wants XD

Last edited by zac122,

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see any point in continuing this any further, so I'll just leave it with this: he said several times he doesn't want to install a cfw. It's not a good decision, but it was the one he made. Suggesting that he do so further will only serve to frustrate him. What I'm suggesting is that the OP not try to install the game as a legit cia at all since the risk of doing so just isn't worth the reward. (free game vs broken console. Easy choice imo). I just didn't see anyone really trying to actually help the OP within the conditions that he asked, so I did myself.
Fair enough. If you hadn't said "everyone", which included me(I gave solid advice and others did too) I wouldn't have even commented.

Edit: I was never trying to argue, I was simply pointing out not "everyone" was insulting to the OP as you stated.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

NuikopeaDemon

Hello Darkness
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey bud whenever your online check out that site you were talking about in PM because there is a link there which I posted in and its alright because your aloud to share links on that site.... let me know when you see this

TheUnforgottenOne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey bud whenever your online check out that site you were talking about in PM because there is a link there which I posted in and its alright because your aloud to share links on that site.... let me know when you see this
DUDE!!!! Downloading it now I will let you know if it works!

TheUnforgottenOne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
P_20170130_184710.jpg

IT WORKS!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP @NuikopeaDemon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.