Burnin' Monkey Love
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, back from another three days of hard work. And this time I intend to stay for a while, so I'll resume the fast.
In my previous blog, I mentioned I would feed ten homeless people for every day of fasting I missed, which means I need to prepare a dish of moussaka for forty people.

I though of a Ramadan routine while working and came up with this:
-Wake up for Salat al-fajr( a little before that actually)
-Eat as much as I want
-Perform Salat al-Fajr
-Read the Qur'an
-Sleep
-Fast for the day, while doing whatever I want. Usually this means playing games, sleeping, going on the internet and other low intensity activities.
-Perform Salat al-Dhur and Salat al-Asr
-Break my fast at the Athan of Salat al-Maghreb
-Perform Salat al-Maghreb
-Perform Salat al-Isha
-Sleep

Other routines seem to deviate little from this.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Mr.Mysterio said:
Ramadan Kareem fellow tempers. The first day was pretty exhausting but I guess my body has adjusted now.

Pyrmon said:
snip
That is quite an interesting perspective. Never thought of it that way. But the Quran commands us to follow the examples of Muhammad (SAW). Shouldn't people who live by the Quran also take the Hadiths into account because they are after all the examples set by the prophet. I admit that there is room for error since they were passed down orally but to completely disregard them would be going against the Quran.

I don't disregard them completely. They are useful for a somewhat accurate historical account of the life of the prophet. But they are unfit for religious guidance.
And, while the Qur'an does tell us to follow the Sunnah of prophet Muhammad, we need to define what is his sunnah. The prophet was, I think we all agree, the embodiment of the ideals of the Qur'an. Therefore, his way of life is the way of life described by the Qur'an. Therefore, his Sunnah was the Sunnah of the Qur'an, of God. And the Qur'an tells us we do not need to seek further than the Qur'an for religious guidance because it is the best Hadith. If you believe the Qur'an is complete and perfect, you have to acknowledge it shouldn't need external sources.

QUOTE(bsfmtl123 @ Aug 5 2011, 05:18 PM)
Pyrmon did Muhammad(S.A.W) made mistakes in his life?
Of course Muhammad made mistakes! He was a simple human after all...
He may have avoided sins because of God, but making mistakes is part of being human.
Muhammad is even reprimanded by God in the Qur'an!

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would appriciete if you would further explain what exactly from the Quran made you believe in Islam so strongly.
I know I have asked you before about why you converted but, just a request
smile.gif

Maybe a few lines or a anything specific.. or heck a summary of stuff altogether.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tanveer said:
I would appriciete if you would further explain what exactly from the Quran made you believe in Islam so strongly.
I know I have asked you before about why you converted but, just a request
smile.gif

Maybe a few lines or a anything specific.. or heck a summary of stuff altogether.
I find an incredible amount of wisdom from the Qur'an. The lack of contradiction and those passages that seem to be referring to modern scientific discoveries helped too. Islam is simply, from my perspective, the most logical choice for a monotheistic religion.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm really meaning no disrespect here but I really don't see how this is a fast an not just changing what time of day you have your meals for a few weeks?

EDIT: I ask the same question of my mother other her Churches "fasts". All I get off of her is "because it is". I know you'd do a better job than her and it might also help me understand her a bit more as well. Sorry and thanks.

Oh and
Pyrmon said:
and those passages that seem to be referring to modern scientific discoveries helped too.

A bit pointless though aren't they? Seeing as no one read them then understood how the world worked, but worked out how the world worked and then managed to make those passages somehow fit in with the science. If you interpret it this strange and exact way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: get a used series X?