OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Alright guys, I'm back.

Sorry for not being here, but my father suddenly decided I absolutely had to help him build a house. It's my first time home in three days :
dry.gif

Ramadan has been extremely hard on me because of the work I'm doing, to the point were I'll just have to break the fast until the end of the week. I'll take back those days after Eid al-Fitr and I'll feed ten homeless persons by day I missed.

I saw how the previous thread ended in a debate and I would like everyone to know I do not want my blogs to become digital religious wars. These are for the Muslim tempers to give support to each other and for non-Muslims to ask questions if they want. If it goes out of hand I'll request a mod to lock it. We clear?

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Now, to answer some questions I received on my last blog:

NBA Mj said:
First of all Ramadan Mubarak to all tempers

Second, @Pyrmon:
I'm really glad you converted into a Muslim and may Allah reward you with good and brings happiness to you and to your all muslim brothers and sisters.
I had a point I wanted to discuss it with you, you said your "Quranni" and you only look into Qur'anic text, no Hadith.
I wanted to ask you, why do you pray Asir 4 Rak'as and Magrib 3 Rak'as ?? Its not mentioned in the Qur'an, is it?
Prophet Muhammad's (Peace be upon him) Sunna Hadith explains the things that came in the Qur'an.
So what I would like to suggest to you is to read more about the Prophet and learn more about how he lived his life ^^
There are varying opinions among the Quranists on this because the Quranists are a collection of different views who share one common trait.
The question of Salat has been asked a million times and will be asked a million more. I'll give you a few answers.
First of all, you must ask yourself "Why would God tell Muhammad and his followers to perform Salat in His third revelation? The third Surah to be revealed said to perform Salat with no indications at all on how to do it. From there there are three conclusions. One, the rules of salat were given only to Muhammad and not in the Qur'an. Two, Salat and all the other pillars were already known. Three, God simply does not care.
I'll explain everyone in dept:
-Why would God reveal to Muhammad how to do salat when He revealed that Surah but not mention it? Why would He give information only to Muhammad and not in the Qur'an for the world to see? It's illogical. And God isn't illogical.
-The Qur'an says all the pillars of Islam were given to Abraham first. So Salat was known in pre-islamic times. It was even found that some meccans and the bedouans performed Salat, but a highly modified one. Muhammad and all the Arabs knew what was Salat and God simply purified it via Muhammad and the Qur'an.
-Three, God doesn't care. Why would it matter to Him, supreme ruler of the Universe if a petty human didn't point his toes in the Qibla? Or that he adds a rakah here or subtracts a rakah there? Why would God care? Every commandment in the Qur'an is given for our own good. Wudu introduces hygiene and daily baths. Fasting has some health benefits. The schedule of the Salat is a pretty darn good one. But does the exact number of rakah change something to us? No. To God? Even less.

The Qur'an states the times for Salat, the basic positions(standing, bowing and prostrating), Al-Fatiha(duh), how to perform Wudu, the Shahada and the ending to Salat. But just not specifically in what order or how many times.

Personally, I take the Salat that most Muslims pray, remove the parts to don't make sense and do it. If God doesn't care, then it changes nothings. If God cares, then I'm good.
Now you will ask me "what parts don't makes sense?", right? For instance, mentioning Muhammad in the Salat. No prophet ever mentioned Muhammad in their Salat, why should we? And if we mention him, then we should mention all the prophets because the Qur'an tells us not to discriminate among the prophets. It also makes no sense to say asalamu alaykum to the angels because Salat is for God alone. See what I mean?

Note that this is just my opinion and nothing else.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TeraS said:
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
Well, I'm a "Quranist" so I can eat pretty much anything. I mean, what is different from Halal meat and non-Halal meat? Someone blessed it with bismillah? I can do that myself.

Halal meat is meat which has been slaughtered in the name of Allah. I follow that you cannot make something haraam to halal by just saying Bismillah. You need to be eating halal food only.
Halal food is any food that it is lawful to eat, therefore not unlawful to eat. God made it clear that only "the eating of animals that die of themselves (without human interference), blood, the Meat of pigs, and animals dedicated to other than God(2:173)" are unlawful to eat.
Since anyone at any time can dedicate food to God with a quick bismillah and a few Allahu Ackbar(may also be mixed up with a pinch of Shahada as well), it seems pretty clear to me and a whole lot of other people that Halal meat does not require dhabiha.

Edit:
Interesting to note is that Qur'an 5:5 states that "The food of the People of the Book is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them."
Since the people of the book quite obviously do not follow dhabiha, this further proves it isn't necessary.

bsfmtl123

Trophies
XP
Country
Pyrmon I just read everything u have written about "Quranists" and it has got me confused........what about the practices(of salat) people are following from years...were they ignorant ..........and yes why do u believe that all Hadith are corrupt even if they were compiled long after the death of the Prophet(S.A.W)
unsure.gif

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
bsfmtl123 said:
Pyrmon I just read everything u have written about "Quranists" and it has got me confused........what about the practices(of salat) people are following from years...were they ignorant ..........and yes why do u believe that all Hadith are corrupt even if they were compiled long after the death of the Prophet(S.A.W)
unsure.gif
To answer simply, yes. I do believe most practices of today's Muslims are corrupt. They have been for quite a long time and I blame it, for the most part, on Hadith literature. And, lets admit it, most Muslims are ignorant of their own faith, which is sad.
There has been always been movements in all times and places to reject the Hadith. It isn't something new. The doubts always came from the same places. The Hadith were compiled 200 years after prophet Muhammad's death. And they all came from people who had received these stories from oral tradition. That right there makes them unreliable. But they were classed according to the "strength" of the chain, based on the character who transmitted the Hadith. Which is ridiculous because even the best of men make mistakes. Look at Muhammad, he made mistakes in his life. And oral tradition for 200 years worth of generations allows a very large room for mistakes. It's the same thing that happened with the Ingil and the Torah. For the most part, it's why I think they are an unreliable account of what the prophet said and did. The other part comes from the fact Hadith contradict other Hadith and sometimes even the Qur'an. Then there's also the fact Muhammad said not to write anything he said besides the Qur'an, which specifically says to only get religious guidance from the Qur'an, the best Hadith. By following the Hadith we disobey both God and Muhammad. I see no worse kind of blasphemy.

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Ramadan Kareem fellow tempers. The first day was pretty exhausting but I guess my body has adjusted now.

Pyrmon said:
bsfmtl123 said:
unsure.gif
To answer simply, yes. I do believe most practices of today's Muslims are corrupt. They have been for quite a long time and I blame it, for the most part, on Hadith literature. And, lets admit it, most Muslims are ignorant of their own faith, which is sad.
There has been always been movements in all times and places to reject the Hadith. It isn't something new. The doubts always came from the same places. The Hadith were compiled 200 years after prophet Muhammad's death. And they all came from people who had received these stories from oral tradition. That right there makes them unreliable. But they were classed according to the "strength" of the chain, based on the character who transmitted the Hadith. Which is ridiculous because even the best of men make mistakes. Look at Muhammad, he made mistakes in his life. And oral tradition for 200 years worth of generations allows a very large room for mistakes. It's the same thing that happened with the Ingil and the Torah. For the most part, it's why I think they are an unreliable account of what the prophet said and did. The other part comes from the fact Hadith contradict other Hadith and sometimes even the Qur'an. Then there's also the fact Muhammad said not to write anything he said besides the Qur'an, which specifically says to only get religious guidance from the Qur'an, the best Hadith. By following the Hadith we disobey both God and Muhammad. I see no worse kind of blasphemy.
That is quite an interesting perspective. Never thought of it that way. But the Quran commands us to follow the examples of Muhammad (SAW). Shouldn't people who live by the Quran also take the Hadiths into account because they are after all the examples set by the prophet. I admit that there is room for error since they were passed down orally but to completely disregard them would be going against the Quran.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm quite curious. How did Ramadan (the fast) came about?

Also, what does Ramadan Mubarak actually mean? Sorry I'm not a Muslim... Just curious.

I come from a multicultural country but don't know much... How embarrassing.

bsfmtl123

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Ramadan Mubarak

It's a way of greeting Ramadan to a person.

Ramadan simply is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar and it is the month of Fasting.In this month Muslims refrain from eating, drinking and any kind of sexual act during the day only which is after sunrise till sunset.

The word Mubarak is of Arabic origin. It means "blessed one" in the Arabic language.

Pyrmon did Muhammad(S.A.W) made mistakes in his life?

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's an intermittent fast yes, from sunrise to sunset? Are you that far north you can't, however temporarily unhealthy it may be, cram enough food during the dark to make it through the rest of he day?

EDIT: Sorry If I've misunderstood, but it was always explained to me along the lines of miss a few meals but feast through the night.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have beaten my stomach into submission over the past 5 days. That is all. The hardest part is now just getting up early to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +2