Hacking Datel Powersaves now supports Pokemon X/Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And Amazon can compensate when shit happens. Go figure.

You just seem to have an answer for everything...

Sure Amazon can compensate. Maybe paying an additional $10 is worth it for the guy not to have to potential deal with scammers?

At the end of the day, dozens of people in this thread have reported positive service from the guys on Amazon selling this. The guy voiced his opinion on wanting a seller who's reputation he cant rust. Who are you or I or anyone to judge? Why are we even arguing about this? :wacko:

Reactions: kyogre123

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just seem to have an answer for everything...

Sure Amazon can compensate. Maybe paying an additional $10 is worth it for the guy not to have to potential deal with scammers?

At the end of the day, dozens of people in this thread have reported positive service from the guys on Amazon selling this. The guy voiced his opinion on wanting a seller who's reputation he cant rust. Who are you or I or anyone to judge? Why are we even arguing about this? :wacko:
Yeah I do got an answer to it and I'm sorry that rustles you. I do a bit of business buying and selling with amazon on a regular basis so I know how the policy works.

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I do got an answer to it and I'm sorry that rustles you. I do a bit of business buying and selling with amazon on a regular basis so I know how the policy works.

Doesn;t rustle me at all. Just funny how much time you spend arguing with people ont eh site as of late.

Oh well. I'm done wasting time with this one lol.

People just need something to bicker about perhaps?

+1

Reactions: gamefan5

khalaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me, or is the bickering over people's opinions about where to buy things just distracting to those of us trying to reverse engineer the way this stupid dongle works? heh.

Reactions: lordofthereef

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me, or is the bickering over people's opinions about where to buy things just distracting to those of us trying to reverse engineer the way this stupid dongle works? heh.

Unfortunately threads go way off topic here. Personally, if you look at the original post, the discussion has veered pretty darn far from a card reader working with Pokemon x/y and has turned into wanting to do something with the hardware. While the discussion is fine, to be fair, it probably SHOULD technically be in its own thread.

DRWS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DRWS: Encrypted or not, there IS a way to dump the save and maybe even the whole ROM (they're stored on the same chip anyway) since the powersaves software is able to do so without any external help.

I mean that the gamecard commands themselves are encrypted. Without knowing how to send the gamecard the proper encrypted commands, it won't send back the gamesave or the NCSD headers. But since Powersaves can do that without external help, the secrets must be in the Powersaves executable itself, and can be debugged more readily.

Reactions: aftokinito
D

Deleted User

I'd like to ask, are you just replaying the commands sent by the Powersaves program? Past a certain point, the game will only accept encrypted commands - the encryption is unique per cart -so in order to make your program work with different carts, you'd need to send different commands for retrieving the ROM header\save game.

If Marat wants to put WinDBG to use in cracking something big, he should start by looking for the functions that generate the encrypted commands.

Again WinDBG is only useful in this case with .DUMP files created at the right time.
Since I do not own powersaves, a 3ds, or pokemon x/y I am unable to generate any dump files and if you guys want to share dump files go ahead; but thing is they have to be made at the right time.

Looking a bit into that picture I see that working with the powersaves wire did end up helping ;)

Also if you want to learn how to create a dump file, here's some basic info:
http://www.codeproject.com/Tips/449993/Windows-Symbols-and-Dump-Analysis-Quick-Steps

If you want to ship (donate) me a 3ds, powersaves, and pokemon so i can dedicate my weekends (thurs-sunday) I'll be more then happy to do what I can. Also when I used to run maple servers years ago I used to pay a professional programmer in new zealend to un-obfuscate even the most combobled data; but i have learned alot from him :)

edit: about nintendo pressing charges; all we're doing here is learning. There is a law in the United States that as long as the individual does not cost the company property damage he's safe under the act (something about fair use for education)

example a) you make everything open source on github, free for everyone to use to "learn", and you're safe

example b) you start charging people, packing everything, no source to learn from, etc; and what you're selling (example cracked roms) is hurting the company because that money should of went to them.

That's why working with github or sourceforge is awesome, every single piece of information that you put on it is automatically protected by law from companies.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was tough to read, but from what I put together you want to use a save editor to create a hacked ROM? I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way.
Yes right I some times type up things online and don't think about how they sound. But yes hacked roms or even full homebrew games or emulators.

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok.so I just rang Datels offices and they put me through to an actual code/tech guy.

He was utterly useless and really cagey. Would not tell me anything and said "We cant comment". He then said the email would explain everything and when I said it was a generic response one,he didnt know what to say.

I asked if the codes would be coming back and he said he couldnt say anything more.

In short: F**K You Datel

Reactions: cearp

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Ok.so I just rang Datels offices and they put me through to an actual code/tech guy.

He was utterly useless and really cagey. Would not tell me anything and said "We cant comment". He then said the email would explain everything and when I said it was a generic response one,he didnt know what to say.

I asked if the codes would be coming back and he said he couldnt say anything more.

Frankly, what else did you expect? :P

Reactions: ChokingVictim87

JiN1337

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed that Datel is being shady with this shit. Garchomp 2013 bricked my copy of X. I emailed them no reply 4 days later. Checked Powersaves and would you believe the code is gone just like we've all experienced. Honestly used to respect them. They removed good working codes like Diancie/AZ Floette and Lati@site. Then put a crappy code that bricks everyone's games. I wouldn't be too surprised if they were working with Nintendo on purposely bricking carts on the down low to generate a little extra revenue. But I'm an asshole narcissist that expects the worst out of most people.

Datel.. We know you're reading this and you're ignoring us all. But I think I speak for everyone when I say it's just a matter of time until you force the real hackers to actually do something about this and no one would rely on your shitty server side code base. Just your brilliant little card reader.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

*insert obligatory "Please Understand" image here*

I wouldn't be too surprised if they were working with Nintendo on purposely bricking carts on the down low to generate a little extra revenue

That's just dumb. They don't even care about the flashcards out there.

Just your brilliant little card reader.

Maybe even that will be made redundant.
Die Datel.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Confirmed that Datel is being shady with this shit. Garchomp 2013 bricked my copy of X. I emailed them no reply 4 days later. Checked Powersaves and would you believe the code is gone just like we've all experienced. Honestly used to respect them. They removed good working codes like Diancie/AZ Floette and Lati@site. Then put a crappy code that bricks everyone's games. I wouldn't be too surprised if they were working with Nintendo on purposely bricking carts on the down low to generate a little extra revenue. But I'm an asshole narcissist that expects the worst out of most people.

Datel.. We know you're reading this and you're ignoring us all. But I think I speak for everyone when I say it's just a matter of time until you force the real hackers to actually do something about this and no one would rely on your shitty server side code base. Just your brilliant little card reader.

Hey I'm curious, do you mind taking a video of your game?

I mean, I'm interested to see what is the problem.

I'm playing Pokemon Y and I used that code and nothing happen, but it's good to know what MAY happen.

Reactions: Sheimi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!