Hacking Datel Powersaves and Legit Pokemon X cartdrige played on emuNAND

JohnTravolski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can update your sysNAND to 6.0+ but then you will have to either use the spider exploit to launch CFW, or update to 9.0-9.2, downgrade mset and use CakesFW.
It's a bit more effort than using SaveDataFiler, but it would be worth it, as any cartridge would load and save properly like a legit 3DS.

Okay, so if I get that working, are you saying that my save will become playable in emuNAND without going through the whole SaveDataFiler thing? If so, what game can I use to update to 9.2? If I have no idea what I'm saying by this point, using more detail here would be appreciated because it sounds promising. Basically, is 9.0-9.2 and CakesFW going to make my old save (that was saved on a fully updated 9.8 non-CFW 3DS) playable and loaded correctly in emuNAND and/or possibly sysNAND? You make it sound so, but I just want to be sure before I mess something up.

Last edited by JohnTravolski,

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, just make a nand backup of your current firmware if you don't already have one then update your console with the game. It's enough if you just want to use your save on emunand, but you will need to use the browser exploit every time.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you update your sysnand to 9.0-9.2 then you will be able to use the mset exploit with rxTools or cakes, but you will still need the browser to use your gateway.

JohnTravolski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, that sounds great. But, to make sure, even when using CakesFW, I'll have to use SDF in order to get the Omega Ruby save playable, right? If so, that's okay, but that's where I'm unclear.

JohnTravolski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using RXtools. I don't use Gateway at all. Sorry, I should have made that clear. So let me give you a list of steps I'm going to take before I mess something up, and correct me where I'm wrong:
  1. Update to 9.2 somehow, I don't know how yet.
  2. Install CakesFW through the steps found here.
  3. The Omega Ruby game save on my retail cartridge will be playable on emuNAND 9.8 but not sysNAND 7.2 and up (basically, a regular 3DS that's not hacked).
  4. I can use SaveDataFiler to accomplish what the video I shared was able to do by editing the exdata.
Point out any step where I'm wrong, please. At least I know more than I did before. Thanks for your patience, you've helped me a lot so far.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry, I misreaded, I though you said you had one.

So first you need to update your sysnand to 9.0, to do that :
- Inject FBI into your sysnand
- Launch rxMode on sysnand and use FBI to install sysupdater
- Put the pasta mset launcher.dat on your sd card : https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-pasta-cfw-without-cubic-ninja-mset-4-x-old3ds.389498/
- Reinstall the "launcher.dat" mset :
1. If you have a ds flashcart : Just execute the gw_installer (you can find it on the gateway site) with it and follow the instructions
2. If you don't have one (your last firmware digit must be 7 or more to use this) :
- Download the code.bin and put in your sd card root
- Scan this qrcode :
1434033156-generate.png

- In the browser, wait until you see the bottom screen "flashes" then hard shutdown your console.
3. Update your console using this : https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...om-4-1-8-1-to-9-2-0-20-with-pasta-cfw.389187/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, me neither