BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need a little help. i bought a max media player with out a card. I bought a PNY 1 gig and began to import movies and music. the player worked fine for a while without the help of moonshell. Then one day i booted it up and the files came up as usual. i clicked on to watch and the screen went white. i tried a music file after i booted again and same results. any one know why? and what i can do to fix it? and if not should i go for the r4? all i want is movies and music so i dont have to buy an ipod/zune.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I need a little help. i bought a max media player with out a card. I bought a PNY 1 gig and began to import movies and music. the player worked fine for a while without the help of moonshell. Then one day i booted it up and the files came up as usual. i clicked on to watch and the screen went white. i tried a music file after i booted again and same results. any one know why? and what i can do to fix it? and if not should i go for the r4? all i want is movies and music so i dont have to buy an ipod/zune.
Try DLing moonshell and using moonshell for your movies and music. As sad as it seems, the entire MMDs media playback is moonshell itself. This is pretty pathetic on datel's part but if anything happens like it did to you, you can simply DL a new moonshell and get it fixed. I would also like to note that surprisingly the MMD can load SOME ROMs via datels ROM patcher called max overload.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wink2.gif
Is there a Compatibility list for ROMs on the MMD?

It's so interesting to see a "Media" cart being sold in stores, that can be used to play ROMs.

I have an R4, so I wouldn't want it. It'd be perfect for my little cousin or something.

~Nero

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wink2.gif

It's so interesting to see a "Media" cart being sold in stores, that can be used to play ROMs.

I have an R4, so I wouldn't want it. It'd be perfect for my little cousin or something.

~Nero
LOL. It is quite interesting how the ROM loader came to be.

IIRC, this is how it happened:

2 days after the MMD was released 2 random guys who no one ever knew claiming to be ub3r 1337 hax3rz hacked a ROM loader for the MMD called Max overload. See as how the MMD is the EXACT carbon copy of the GBAMP just with a couple of different registries, team triforce hacked MAx overload to work on GBAMP for NDS Roms(I use this BTW).

Today, it is speculated that those two "hackers" that released Max overload calling themselves mushroomb and kingpin were datel employees in disguise to avoid nintendo lawsuites. Anyway, their is a HUGE community for MMD on max console forums but the compatibility list is pretty low for new roms. Newer roms like Zelda and mario party and contra do not work at all but almost all games released before July 2007 will work on it by performing an Arm7 switch patch.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wink2.gif

~Nero

LOL. It is quite interesting how the ROM loader came to be.

IIRC, this is how it happened:

2 days after the MMD was released 2 random guys who no one ever knew claiming to be ub3r 1337 hax3rz hacked a ROM loader for the MMD called Max overload. See as how the MMD is the EXACT carbon copy of the GBAMP just with a couple of different registries, team triforce hacked MAx overload to work on GBAMP for NDS Roms(I use this BTW).

Today, it is speculated that those two "hackers" that released Max overload calling themselves mushroomb and kingpin were datel employees in disguise to avoid nintendo lawsuites. Anyway, their is a HUGE community for MMD on max console forums but the compatibility list is pretty low for new roms. Newer roms like Zelda and mario party and contra do not work at all but almost all games released before July 2007 will work on it by performing an Arm7 switch patch.

Well, that kinda sucks. I guess it's the best "Flashcart" (if you want to call it that), that people can get if they can't order a superior one.

~Nero

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's the ONLY flashcart they can get in stores so ya. >.>
dry.gif

I prefer my GBAMP though. It is original and loads homebrew like a charm.
It is nice knowing that you can also play some old classics on it too like NSMB, Jump Superstars, Mario 64, pheonix wright and all those good games.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well all i want is something that will play my videos that i pirated from youtube and listen to music to save me from buying an ipod of zune. how bout an r4? do they work well for vids?

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well all i want is something that will play my videos that i pirated from youtube and listen to music to save me from buying an ipod of zune. how bout an r4? do they work well for vids?
They all operate on moonshell. I suggest looking up moonshell instead of each cart specifically since they all use that as their base for media playback.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok but how do i know what to do on the moonshell page? the moonshell app itself is a 7z. what do i do with that?
lol u dont have to stare at the DL link. I meant to phwiki it or something. Whatever, I will give you all the info you need:
plays all media; music and movies
Movies must be however be converted to a special file extension. The viewing is great by what I have HEARD but have not tried it myself.

It can play things well.

If you want awesome music playback you might also want to check out the "licks media player".

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mever mind my old post. i got my cf card updated but it didnt install a boot.me. where do i get that? and all the links i got to the flashme are broken. will some one be so kind to give me a few links?

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok. my mmd will not even launch a bootme.nds file. this is a huge problem. i loaded up with version 1.22 from the codejunkies minisite and the mmd still said v. 1.21. i tried to run the bootme.nds file and the mmd crashed. something is very wrong. forget flashing, i need a new card. either the r4 of the super card one.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ya, I guess your problem from the very beginning has still not been fixed. Anyway, try reformatting your CF card and try to update again. Maybe you need to DLDI it?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did as you suggested. i formatted my card and then dldi-ed it, added the mmd v. 1.22 update, a mp3 and a d3v file. still nothing. i just dont understand. maybe i should mail it to you and ill just get the r4.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i did as you suggested. i formatted my card and then dldi-ed it, added the mmd v. 1.22 update, a mp3 and a d3v file. still nothing. i just dont understand. maybe i should mail it to you and ill just get the r4.
Mail it to me? I don't really need it but thanks.
happy.gif
I do recommend you get an actual flashcart as the MMD has horrible ROM loading features but it can take awhile for you to get your hands on one especially during the holiday season so we should try to fix it so you at least something.

EDIT: If you DLDI-ed the MMD update file then try that again without the DLDI since I don't think you are supposed to DLDI the firmware.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well thanks for your help golden. one last question. i read about the supercard one and the r4 which is better in your opinion? i just want something that isnt made by datel so it works.
tongue.gif

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well thanks for your help golden. one last question. i read about the supercard one and the r4 which is better in your opinion? i just want something that isnt made by datel so it works.
tongue.gif
lol ya, that would be a good tip. If it's made by datel it won't good.

Anyway, right now I would say M3 real has the upper advantage because it comes with a GBA expansion for GBA games and RAM for the opera browser but if you are not into games then just get an M3 real still since it has newer hardware than the R4. The R4 is great also, they are almost the same product but I am lenient on the M3 because it is newer. Get M3 real IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well