datel games n music help

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by casket of doom, Jun 2, 2008.

Jun 2, 2008

datel games n music help by casket of doom at 6:02 AM (1,866 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. casket of doom
    OP

Newcomer casket of doom Member

United States
    ok. im trying to run snesds and nesds on a 2 gig microsd with a datel games n music. i put the emus in the GAMES folder and all my romes in SNES/ROMS, and NES/ROMS. i tried the DLDI file on the root and the GAMES folder and both times it said DLDI not found. So where does it go i guess? any help or links to instructions would be awsome!!!

2. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    problem: u have a games n music.

LOL sry couldn't resist.

3. casket of doom
    OP

Newcomer casket of doom Member

United States

yea i know it blows, trust me i own it...

so is there a damn thing i can do with it or do i need to find another one?

4. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    trying putting the emulator in the root file. personally, i have an r4, i put my sega genesis file in my games folder, and my roms in another folder called sega. and that works fine :S

5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    The DLDI patch file won't do you any good sitting on the root of your card. You have to actually patch the *.nds file with it in order for it to work. The easiest way to do this in Windows is to download and install the "DLDIrc" program aka "DLDI Right Click" which can be found on the official DLDI Wiki. After installation, just right-click the *.nds file and select the new patching option that appears.

However, don't bother with SNES DS. Use SNEmulDS instead.

6. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    You just save yourself all this trouble and buy a pc controller and play snes/nes on your computer.....

7. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    PSP has better performance in SNES than DS, but even its emulators get slowdown in many games.

8. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Ya i had a Games n Music. it stopped working for no reason.
    and a Max Media Dock. it stopped working for no reason. oh wait i know what the reason is, DATEL FAILS AT LIFE.

take my advice, buy an actual flash cart. its worth it.

9. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    Don't use snesDS, Use SNEmulDS.

1. Download all of this,

http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/downl...l-win32-gui.zip (Works, used it before)
    http://dldi.drunkencoders.com/uploads/f/f9/Gmtf.dldi (Works, used it before)
    http://danthemanms.googlepages.com/SNEmulDSv06a.zip (Don't know, have not used it)

2. Unzip the zip files (not the .dldi one).

3. Open dlditool32.exe (in dlditool-win32-gui).

4. To the > of "DLDI File:" hit "..." and select the directory that "Gmtf.dldi" is in.

5. To the > of "Binaries:" hit "..." and select SNEmulDS.nds (in SNEmulDSv06a).

6. Hit "Patch" and in less then 1 sec your done! close (X) DLDI Patcher v0.32.

7. Put SNEmulDS.nds and SNEmul.cfg (in SNEmulDSv06a) on the root of your card and add a new folder named "SNES" and put all of your roms (.smc files) in it.

8. Put the card back in your GnM and run SNEmulDS.nds (in the root of the card) and select the rom you want to run and your done!

For more info go to http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SNEmulDS

I have a GnM and I can say that the card is junk, you can buy a M3 + Rumble Pack for about $40 (with tax) from www.dealextreme.com