database on working computer

BeneditaGoncalves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have to use databases. One of it installed on my working computer. It called MySQL 5.1. Several days ago my boss ordered me to upload some data to it. I made it, but only today all the data disappeared. I dont know where to find it.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I have to use databases. One of it installed on my working computer. It called MySQL 5.1. Several days ago my boss ordered me to upload some data to it. I made it, but only today all the data disappeared. I dont know where to find it.

Did you commit after inserting the data?

NoahSantos

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
Only in case neither blogs nor articles and guides can't solve your issue, you may apply download recovery mysql tool because it was created only for very complicated cases.

This one method is also effective, take a look - https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/forcing-innodb-recovery.html

It is the most effective manual guide, from here: http://www.databasejournal.com/feat..._2/Repairing-Database-Corruption-in-MySQL.htm

Repairing tables

In most cases, only the index will be corrupted (the index is a separate, smaller, file with records that point to the main data file) - actual data corruption is extremely rare. Fixing most forms of corruption is relatively easy. As with checking, there are three ways to repair tables. These all only work with MyISAM tables - to repair corruption of the other table types, you will need to restore from backup:
  • The REPAIR TABLE SQL statement (obviously the server must be running for this)
  • The mysqlcheck command-line utility (the server can be running)
  • The myisamchk command-line utility (the server must be down, or the tables inactive)
Repairing a table requires twice as much disk space as the original table (a copy of the data is made), so make sure you are not going to run out of disk space before you start.

Last edited by NoahSantos,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.