Hacking data management troubles

mleeneg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a bit of a problem with the data management menu.
On the channels menu my wii freezes.
I know what the problem is but I can't do anything about it.
I know that this folder is causing the problem.
It is title>00010001>574c5745

If anybody is wondering what this is it the lost winds.

I tried to delete it but it freezes AnyTitle Deleter, AnyTitle Deleter MOD v4, AnyTitle Deleter MOD v5, AnyTitle Deleter MOD v6, and AnyTitle DeleterDB.

I even dumped my nand and tried Sneek2 on it and it freezes too.
So then I deleted the title>00010001>574c5745 folder from my sd card and tried it again it works.

So basicaly now I can go into my channel menu in data management on my emulated NAND but not my real NAND.

So how am I going to delete it off my real nand?

Firmware: v4.2U
CIOS: cios38 rev 14, Hermes 222/223 V4
Bootmii: Boot2

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
nand restore

if that doesn't work or if u dont have a nand backup, (first make a nand backup), then try formatting the wii's system memory (normally I wouldn't recommend this, but since u have bootmii as boot2, u can always revert to the state your wii is in now without having to go through all the trouble of rehacking ur wii).

hopefully one of those solutions will fix u (the first 1 will 4 sure, assuming i have a nand backup from b4 the problem started)

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im with fenirwolf on this one. that title is WLWE, which sounds like a wiiware title. see what happens when you just reinstall that beat.

mleeneg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried that too. But nothing.
AnyTitle Deleter deletes the tickets but freezes at deleting contents. This happens on all versions of AnyTitle Deleter.

WAD Manager installs it fine but freezes on uninstall. Tried a Wii Format but it hangs. My nand backup has this error on it so it is pointless to restore the nand.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess you could dump the folder again to know the exact file names and then just delete each file one at a time with libogc and finally delete the folder.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
okay, i have an idea... its a little more extreme than i would normally advise, but desperate times call for desperate measures... besides, u have bootmii as boot2, u'll be fine (but to any1 reading this, don't attempt this without bootmii as boot2, or without knowing what u are doing 110%)

first, make a nand backup of your wii so that if we make the problem worse, we can always revert back to how your wii is right now

second, download comex's nand formatter. Be sure to research this app before actually using it, i know it is dangerous (but i also know it doesn't touch your boot2, so worst case u can always restore your nand backup and try something else)... but other than that I don't know much about it (ironically i know more about a mod of comex's nand formatter by a friend of mine)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...