GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I heard from my friend that he installed CiosCORP a while back and It bricked his Wii. I want to run DVD Backups off the disc channel, but am afraid of the risks that DARKCORP has. I do have a NAND backup from Bootmii, but I want to avoid conflict. Can someone please tell me why my friend would have been bricked, and if DARKCORP is safe?

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
your friend is a moron who didn't follow the sticky guide on this forum.

I suggest you do
smile.gif

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What are you trying to say? If you have something to say, say it directly.

What sticky guide? Can you be a little less vauge? I need someones word that DARKCORP is safe, that's why I made this thread. >.

suckerface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
His response sounds pretty straight forward to me. you're friend is an idiot who couldn't follow a simple guide that a simple search can find for you.

Or would you rather have a member come over and do it for you?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
dark corp is safe, your friend bricked his wii doing something stupid. I'm not sure about the new installer, but older installers would install all the wads in a folder, if your friend added files to that folder without thinking, those could have bricked him. More likely he did something else entirely that somehow bricked his wii. There really isn't a definite way to tell u how or why he bricked when all u say is HBC and darkcorp... well, those 2 things would never brick anyone, so obviously its something else.

There are risks involved in darkcorp, so u should read the read me. I'm obligated to say that, because the darkcorp teams says that, but in my opinion it is totally safe.

But yea, u should follow a guide, or use NUS Auto Downloader... but neither of these guides explain how to install darkcorp... just read the darkcorp read me.

FYI, it is common practice to follow one of the guides, so that you have proper brick protection in place as well as other things u may miss. After u follow the modify any wii guide (or the custom NUS Auto Downloader Guide) u still want to install dark corp, then go ahead, but u should still follow the guide FIRST

Also, u should know that if your wii is new (after late 2008ish, i think), it will not be able to play backup DISCS of any kind, but u can still use a USB Loader.

Peace out

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
suckerface said:
His response sounds pretty straight forward to me. you're friend is an idiot who couldn't follow a simple guide that a simple search can find for you.

Or would you rather have a member come over and do it for you?
Fine, my friend is an Idiot.

IS INSTALLING DARKCORP A GOOD IDEA OR NOT?

Posts merged

QUOTE(XFlak @ Jun 8 2010, 01:03 PM) dark corp is safe, your friend bricked his wii doing something stupid. I'm not sure about the new installer, but older installers would install all the wads in a folder, if your friend added files to that folder without thinking, those could have bricked him. More likely he did something else entirely that somehow bricked his wii. There really isn't a definite way to tell u how or why he bricked when all u say is HBC and darkcorp... well, those 2 things would never brick anyone, so obviously its something else.

There are risks involved in darkcorp, so u should read the read me. I'm obligated to say that, because the darkcorp teams says that, but in my opinion it is totally safe.

But yea, u should follow a guide, or use NUS Auto Downloader... but neither of these guides explain how to install darkcorp... just read the darkcorp read me.

FYI, it is common practice to follow one of the guides, so that you have proper brick protection in place as well as other things u may miss. After u follow the modify any wii guide (or the custom NUS Auto Downloader Guide) u still want to install dark corp, then go ahead, but u should still follow the guide FIRST

Also, u should know that if your wii is new (after late 2008ish, i think), it will not be able to play backup DISCS of any kind, but u can still use a USB Loader.

Peace out

Thanks for your help.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elmariachi said:
like XFlak said: ok if you have an old Wii. pretty useless with a new Wii

which means, if you have a new wii, it is less safe to install it, because you get no benefits from having it installed, but overall it can be considered "safe" if you understand what IOS and "corp" are.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First, like Riley said, get brick protection. Use Bootmii as boot2 if the wii is old enough to support it. If bootmii only works as an IOS, be sure to install priiloader.

DARKCORP is safe on ALL wiis if you follow the directions right.

Note that newer consoles have D3-2 drives. If you have a wii with this drive, installing it is pointless since the D3-2 drive can't read backup DVDs.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
Note that newer consoles have D3-2 drives. If you have a wii with this drive, installing it is pointless since the D3-2 drive can't read backup DVDs.

well, I said that too, but now I realize that is not entirely true...

if you own:

-korean retail wii games, DARKCORP lets you play them on your non-korean wii
-a korean wii, DARKCORP lets you play non-korean retail wii games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes