PS1/2 Dark Cloud

NoSmokingBandit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was super excited to get Dark Cloud after hearing people compare it to LoZ and Vagrant Story, but i'm having a hard time liking the game after about 1.5 hours. Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm in the first cave, my main dagger is broken and my other weapon (which i found in a random chest) only has a few whp left. This wouldnt be too bad, but i have no idea how to get more repair powder. I cant complete the store in town without getting to the 4th floor, which i have to do with my broken dagger, making each little fight last forever. Meanwhile bats poison me super quickly but i have no antidote because i cant flippin buy any...

Wtf. Is the game designed to be this stupidly difficult and annoying?

Krobelus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you haven't opened up the store yet, I suggest talking to the old man in the little.. building place thingy. He'll refill your inventory with more free items, and if I recall, a repair powder. When you get it, use it and talk to him again to refill your inventory.

Bats are super annoying, but once you get how their attack pattern operates, you can kill them without getting hit. Lock on to one, slowly creep up to it, and then when it strikes side step to avoid it and strike it until it dies.

Tip 1: If you find a clown with two boxes, always pick the smaller box. It can contain really good augments and or weapons.

Tip 2: Since the Dagger is the default weapon, when it breaks it's still in your inventory. However, if you have any other weapon and they break, they're gone for good. So be sure, when the shop opens, to stock up on a crapload of repair powder.

Hope this helped. I personally enjoyed the game until I found a glitch to get uber maxed out weapon in like 10 seconds, and then I never bothered finishing the game. Dark Cloud 2 is much easier to get used to and broken weapons don't disappear.

-Krobelus

NoSmokingBandit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you be more specific as to what old man you are talking about? In the village i have the mayor, the two brothers who like to work out/fight, and the old shop guy who hasnt offered me anything iirc.

I feel like such a noob, lol.

Krobelus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it's the old mayor. He's the first person who talks to you yeah? At the very beginning? If I remember correctly..

He's the guy who's house you can't edit or move.. so he should be easy to find.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Krobelus said:
Hope this helped. I personally enjoyed the game until I found a glitch to get uber maxed out weapon in like 10 seconds, and then I never bothered finishing the game.

I did that too after failing at the fishing to the point where it was really hard to upgrade my weapons, and the game just became a huge cakewalk after so I didn't bother getting past the second town :/.

NoSmokingBandit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krobelus said:
I think it's the old mayor. He's the first person who talks to you yeah? At the very beginning? If I remember correctly..

He's the guy who's house you can't edit or move.. so he should be easy to find.
That helped a lot, i didnt know he would give me free stuff!

A quick question though, is the whole game just running through dungeons? That seems like it will get boring rather quickly.

Krobelus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I wouldn't say most of the game is dungeon crawling, I mean it IS if you don't place the towns properly.

Like for instance; if you place a town 100% perfectly you get bonuses from the town's mayor. Like a good weapon usually. But figuring out how to place the town 100% perfect you have to go around asking what people want, and then just arrange accordingly. Although you could just look at a guide but that would take the fun outta it and half the game ahaha.

If you're able to, I recommend Dark Cloud 2. It's much better in almost every way.
-Krobelus

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Dark Cloud 2 (or Dark Chronicle for us) was much better. The random nature of the game is still a bit annoying though.

Gunmaster51

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I had both Dark Cloud 1 and 2 and couldn't finish either because they got so boring and repitive. Its basically going into a dungeon, coming out to buy more repair powder, then going back again lol. Dark Cloud 2 had a little more variety though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious