Keeley

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think i just bricked my wii.... as i can't reach the health screen, i just following the 4.0 guide ( now that i think bout it that was stupid ) so now when i boot it up i get

" The system files are corrupted. Please see the Wii Operation Manual for troubleshooting" shit is there anyway to fix this? besides using a modchip?

Here are my specs but think i did brick it.

Wii Ver. 4.0
I think i have Preloader installed, i think pretty sure
Starfalled but i'm on 4.0

I installed this file
Code:
http://www.yafaze.com/wii/4.0hacktools.rar
and then BOOM! "The system files are corrupted. Please see the Wii Operation Manual for troubleshooting" What the hell i followed that guide word for word.... help plz

Lifesnoozer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jwbproject.se
XP
Country
If you have preloader. Hold the "reset" button when you start your Wii, and Preloader will start. From there, go to homebrew channel, and install 3.2 using either a wad or some application. You'll have to google those.

And yes, you did brick it.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
" The system files are corrupted. Please see the Wii Operation Manual for troubleshooting" shit is there anyway to fix this? besides using a modchip?"

Oh yeah, this error ... It made my Wii inoperable for many months as it was before homebrew existed.

During this time I had found a bypass that allowed me to go into the main menu : I had to press reset once while the Wii was booting to avoid this error.

You should try, but I think your brick is more important than was mine as I had the Health Screen.

Keeley

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
damn i guess preloader wasn't installed thou i thought i did it =( i'll try shuny's way thou i doubt it'll worked how much does it cost to fixed a bricked wii to nintendo?

Is there other options? besides savemii

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
what you mean by " I installed this file" ?
this does not make any sense, which method did you use (Waninkoko 4.0 updater or the one with official update) ?

maybe you are bricked because you brutally interrupted the update process before it was finished ? Did you have any error message or stuck application ?

also, if you tried to install starfall or preloader 0.28 AFTER updating to 4.0, it's all your fault, NOBODY told you to do that

if you installed preloader or starfall BEFORE, then you have nothing to worry about, they get erased by the System Menu update

many people (including myself) used this method for updating without any problem so you must have done something wrong

Keeley

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yeah i cna't get shuny's way to work

Posts merged

IT WORKED I LOVE YOU SHUNY, i love u man/girl dunno these days even thou your way ddin't worked for some reason preloader finally booted up I LOVE SHUNY so now i have to install a .wad?

Damn that gave me a heart attack geez....

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
before you go installing a 3.2 system menu wad how did you update your wii to 4.0 cause it does make a difference

menage730

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you instal cioscorp 60 BF if you did just go to hbc re-instal preloader it worked for me it some kind of glitch between the 2 patches

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
If I were you, I would not try anything, you just have no idea about what you're doing

and if I were your dad, you'll get a huge slap
tongue.gif

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should go into the Homebrew Channel and launch the Preloader 0.29 installer and install Preloader again. That will make the System Files Corrupted message disappear.

Keeley

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So now i just install system289.wad and install everything all over again ( i.e. CIOSCORP,
cIOS (something) rev 9 ) and then and all will be good?

oh yeah for some reason the Wii can't read brawl but if you eject the disk and put it back in it'll ask to update so that i can play it which is weird as its an original disk hmm maybe it'll be fixed once i downgrade to 3.2

As i don't want to make an mistake again

Keeley

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WiiBlaster said:
before you go installing a 3.2 system menu wad how did you update your wii to 4.0 cause it does make a difference

O i dunno if it does make a difference but since i'm all paranoid now i install thru Waninkoko's Firmware Updater just like the guide told me 2

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok then you should be fine, i just wanted to make sure, because the official Nintendo update 4.0 stubed the IOS30 meaning the 3.2 system menu wont run off of it

sense you used wank's updater you should be fine,

either way if you use the wad method, i would recommend installing the ios 30 first then the system menu wad, just to be safe.

Have you tried just re-installing preloader?? that should work also

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
What's the fastest and safest way to downgrade a partially upgraded 4.0 back to 3.2? Will this work?

1) IOS30
2) system-menu-update-JAP-v288 (Mine's a JPN wii)

or :

1) Using arc1.1m5 / cIOS downgrader

I prefer the IOS30+systemmenu method. But I am not too sure if it will show 3.2J or still 4.0? After this is it possible to just use any region changer 1.1m5 to downgrade? Or must I do it without installing ios30+systemmenu?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users