Gaming Daigasso! Band Brothers P

Neobeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh hey, look! More files to test. :O

And not just any files. they are moarsongs whatever that means (that's a hint for your trouble). :rofl2:

I can confirm that these work great. Or at least the 10 or so songs I've tried.

Note that Mini-Degausser's UI will freeze up ("not responding") for a bit if you try to import all 300 songs directly into the SD card. This is just lazy programming, so just give it a minute and it'll finish writing. Hopefully.

Edit: I'm working on converting BDX to BBP. Do you know if any of the songs are "almost exactly" taken from the BDX equivalent? Maybe other than adding 2 new instruments and vocals?

Reactions: Lookie401

Taser9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If only I'd known about the spider exploit sooner, I wouldn't have updated my 3DSs D:

From what I'm reading in your posts, you guys are able to run the song files from your SD card as well as making Jam with the Band song files compatible with this game?

Neobeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If only I'd known about the spider exploit sooner, I wouldn't have updated my 3DSs D:

From what I'm reading in your posts, you guys are able to run the song files from your SD card as well as making Jam with the Band song files compatible with this game?

Basically, the game stores all its data in extdata (if you open the .sav in a hex editor it's all FFs). So if you can run savedatafiler or extdata_tool, you can dump this extdata and then use Mini-Degausser to import/export songs into this dumped extdata, before placing it back into the SD card.

I'm currently working on making it compatible with JwtB songs, yes, but there isn't currently a release for this.

Also, if anyone is already well-acquainted with 3DS homebrewing, we could potentially port the code to run entirely on the 3DS (import/export directly to extdata without having to dump/restore). I plan to attempt this eventually, though it's not a priority. At best it just saves 10 minutes of backing up/restoring extdata every time (if you have 300 songs).

Reactions: Lookie401

Taser9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see. Thanks for the response. I ran regionthree with this game and I was surprised that the game was playing the introduction. I knew songs were saved in the SD card, but I didn't know everything was stored externally.

dhira_atman

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
sorry to but in. i currently own a newly updated japanese new 3dsxl, bought a new daigasso for 1000 yen. so how can i add custom songs from you guys! a small tutorial would be nice. btw i updated the daigasso and already bought a few songs with tomatoes. thx in advance.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sorry to but in. i currently own a newly updated japanese new 3dsxl, bought a new daigasso for 1000 yen. so how can i add custom songs from you guys! a small tutorial would be nice. btw i updated the daigasso and already bought a few songs with tomatoes. thx in advance.
From the information you provided looks like you can't. Your NEW 3DS needs a way to run homebrew apps. If you have a spare 3DS on firmware 9.2 or below you can set that up to be a middle-man since the game allow sharing custom songs (not downloaded songs from the in-game shop).

ServbotMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm sorry to necrobump this thread, but I wonder if you guys found a way to download songs using a NA o3ds.

I managed to install the game and the latest update (2.1) but I couldn't get to download a single song.
I just wanted to try the splatoon theme, that supposedly it was "free".

Or, anyone willing to share their exdata stuff?. All the other links posted in this thread are dead.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to necrobump this thread, but I wonder if you guys found a way to download songs using a NA o3ds.

I managed to install the game and the latest update (2.1) but I couldn't get to download a single song.
I just wanted to try the splatoon theme, that supposedly it was "free".
This game require access to the Japanese eShop to redeem or purchase tomatoes so you can use them to download songs and other stuff. I think a region change is the only solution but don't take my word for it. In order to download free stuff you must have or had redeem or purchase tomatoes.

Or, anyone willing to share their exdata stuff?. All the other links posted in this thread are dead.
I won't be able to share any new extdata since I moved to a N3DS. Access to a Japanese enable homebrew game is expensive.

Oh the link is dead? Well, umm... Be patience. B-)

Reactions: ServbotMan

ServbotMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
based.

An so I guess there is no way to hack in "tomatoes" using the spiderAR thing.
I'd gladly pay full price for this game if it was released outside japan, I really love this kind of games.

ServbotMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The filesize is misleading.
>276files

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

Thanks m8, you are the fucking best.

It works!, woo!.

But I still can't download the free songs from the store. Maybe I need a flag on my save telling I claimed tomatoes at least once.

Do you think I could use another person's save?, or where I could get the new songs in .bbp format like the others?.

Damn this is great anyways

Last edited by ServbotMan,

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The filesize is misleading.
>276files
They are midi-like files. The game and your 3DS does the rest. B-)

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

Thanks m8, you are the fucking best.

It works!, woo!.

But I still can't download the free songs from the store. Maybe I need a flag on my save telling I claimed tomatoes at least once.
I'm sure there's a server side check if you have/had any tomatoes.

Do you think I could use another person's save?, or where I could get the new songs in .bbp format like the others?.

Damn this is great anyways
I think saves contain unique IDs so it's not ideal to share them to the public. As for obtaining other songs, so far no one else is sharing or can't do it because they have no way to run homebrew. Neobeo is working on an application to convert .bdx to .bbp. Though it's been a while. Maybe I should PM him and see what's up. :rofl:

ServbotMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Damn, I guess I would have to change my emunand region to JP and try, I'll check tomorrow about what can be done.
Thanks for your time m8

The game is great. The song collection surprised me too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...