Homebrew DaedalusX64 3DS compatibility thread. (unofficial)

Should I replace this thread with a Google Sheet?

• Yes

Votes: 34 91.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DodgyJudge

A man of weird taste it seems!
Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
All the games i have tested so far:

Dk64: Boot and runs minor graphic glitch 15-30fps
Perfect dark : Boot then crash when starting mission
Space station sillicon valley : boot and run some graphic glitches but run very well 15-30 fps 60 fps in some cutscene
San fransisco rush 2049 : boot and run until race start heavy lag then crash on tire smoke no sound 10- 30 fps
Body harvest : boot and run slow loading 10- 20 fps
Quest 64 : boot and run heavy graphical glitch unplayable but run perfectly 28-30fps
Spider-man : boot and run 10-22 fps
Jet force gimini : boot and run heavy glitch some cutscene works but then the game start is heavy glitched no on screen graphic top left small character in white texture appearing and that it but when cutscene appears correctly it runs about 20-30fps
Aerogauge : run and boot no lag while doing time lap 20-27 fps when racing with 8 AI
Extreme -G : run and boot some graphic glitch 20-30 fps
Mortal combat trilogy : boot and run very slow 10-30fps
Pokemon snap : boot and run not much lag but heavy graphic glitch that make moving and taking picture impossible
F-zero : boot and run minor graphic glitch 20-52 fps
Super smash bros : boot and run some graphic glitch 20-50fps
Hexen 64 : run and boot some graphic glitch 10-30fps
Command and conquer : boot and run but heavy glitch make it unplayable 10 -20 fps

All next game just dont boot at all :
Duck dodgers starring daffy duck
Duke nukem zero hour
Aydyn chronicle first mage
Resident evil 2
Tony hawk pro skater 2
Turok trilogy
Mega man 64
Star craft 64
Conker bad fur day

All are USA roms

Il test some more soon but for now it look amazing!

Last edited by DodgyJudge,
D

Deleted User

All the games i have tested so far:

Dk64: Boot and runs minor graphic glitch 15-30fps
Perfect dark : Boot then crash when starting mission
Space station sillicon valley : boot and run some graphic glitches but run very well 15-30 fps 60 fps in some cutscene
San fransisco rush 2049 : boot and run until race start heavy lag then crash on tire smoke
Body harvest : boot and run slow loading 10- 20 fps
Quest 64 : boot and run heavy graphical glitch unplayable but run perfectly 28-30fps
Spider-man : boot and run 10-22 fps
Jet force gimini : boot and run heavy glitch some cutscene works but then the game start is heavy glitched no on screen graphic top left small character in white texture appearing and that it but when cutscene appears correctly it runs about 20-30fps
Aerogauge : run and boot no lag while doing time lap 20-27 fps when racing with 8 AI
Extreme -G : run and boot some graphic glitch 20-30 fps
Mortal combat trilogy : boot and run very slow 10-30fps
Pokemon snap : boot and run not much lag but heavy graphic glitch that make moving and taking picture impossible
F-zero : boot and run minor graphic glitch 20-52 fps
Super smash bros : boot and run some graphic glitch 20-50fps
Hexen 64 : run and boot some graphic glitch 10-30fps
Command and conquer : boot and run but heavy glitch make it unplayable 10 -20 fps

All next game just dont boot at all :
Duck dodgers starring daffy duck
Duke nukem zero hour
Aydyn chronicle first mage
Resident evil 2
Tony hawk pro skater 2
Turok trilogy
Mega man 64
Star craft 64
Conker bad fur day

Il test some more soon but for now it look amazing!
Are these USA, PAL or JAP rom?

Ferrox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's the games I've tested, all of them are the USA versions except for Sin and Punishment.

1080 Snowboaring - Crashes after the title screen.
Aerogauge - Very playable. Has some slowdown when racing CPUs but is full speed in time attack.
Automobili Lamborghini - Playable but runs pretty slow.
Banjo-Kazooie - The graphics are nearly perfect and the framerate is somewhat sluggish. Played up to getting all 10 Jiggies in Mumbo's Mountain. The opening will appear to freeze but just wait a bit and it'll continue.
Banjo-Tooie - Displays the no controller message and doesn't respond to button inputs. Framerate is really slow in the demos but the graphics are nearly perfect.
Beetle Adventure Racing - Playable but runs very slow.
Blast Corps - Freezes after the opening logos.
Bomberman 64 - Can't see anything once in-game.
Bomberman 64: The Second Attack - Playable but runs pretty slow and menus are unreadable.
Bomberman Hero - Playable but runs pretty slow.
Buck Bumble - Playable.
California Speed - A bit slow but no major glitches.
Conker's Bad Fur Day - Wouldn't load.
Cruis'n Exotica - Goes in-game but you can't see the track.
Cruis'n USA - Freezes when you choose a file.
Cruis'n World - Playable but is very slow.
Diddy Kong Racing - Somewhat slow when racing against CPUs but very playable most of the time.
Donald Duck: Goin' Quackers - Gets stuck on the language select. You can scroll through the options but you can't choose anything.
Donkey Kong 64 - Played up to defeating the first boss. Very playable with minor graphical glitches.
Dr. Mario 64 - All viruses and pills are red which makes the game unplayable since you can't tell the colors apart.
Excitebike 64 - Freezes after the opening logos.
F-Zero X - Somewhat slow and lots of graphical bugs but is very playable.
Goldeneye 007 - Playable but runs pretty slow and there's no audio once in-game.
Hot Wheels Turbo Racing - Runs pretty slow and menus are screwed but the in-game graphics are perfect.
Hydro Thunder - Playable but has no audio.
Jet Force Gemini - Can't see anything once in game.
Killer Instinct Gold - Crashes at the start of the fight.
Legend of Zelda, The: Majora's Mask - Freezes on the file selection.
Legend of Zelda, The: Ocarina of Time - Lots of graphical glitches but is very playable.
LEGO Racers - Freezes on the opening logos.
Mario Kart 64 - Minor graphical glitches but is very playable.
Mario Party - Wouldn't load.
Mario Party 2 - Wouldn't load.
Mario Party 3 - Wouldn't load.
Mickey's Speedway USA - Playable but crashes after finishing a race.
Namco Museum 64 - Wouldn't load.
NBA Hang Time - Randomly crashes while in game.
Off Road Challenge - Freezes when you select a truck.
Paper Mario - 2D background is missing but the rest of the graphics are mostly perfect except for the character sprites. Played until defeating King Goomba and reaching Toad Town. Very playable.
Perfect Dark - Freezes after you choose a mission.
Pilotwings 64 - Stuck on an eeprom check failed error message.
Pokemon Snap - Goes in-game with decent framerate and perfect graphics but you can't move the camera which makes the game unplayable.
Pokemon Stadium - Loads but does nothing.
Pokemon Stadium 2 - Freezes after the main menu.
Rampage: World Tour - Runs perfectly.
Rampate 2: Universal Tour - Runs very slow and the graphics keep disappearing.
Rayman 2 - Stuck on the main menu, can't select anything.
Re-Volt - Wouldn't load.
Resident Evil 2 - Loads but does nothing.
Ridge Racer 64 - Random freezes during a race.
Rush 2 - Playable, somewhat slow.
San Francisco Rush - Playable, somewhat slow.
San Francisco Rush 2049 - Freezes at the start of a race.
Sin and Punishment - Loads but does nothing.
Spacestation Silicon Valley - Very playable with decent framerate and a few graphical glitches.
Star Fox 64 - Somewhat slow but very playable with minor graphical glitches.
Star Wars Episode I: Battle for Naboo - Crashes when loading the rom.
Star Wars Episode I: Racer - Wouldn't load.
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron - Loads but does nothing.
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire - Loads but does nothing.
Stunt Racer 64 - Wouldn't load.
Super Mario 64 - Played up to completing the second Bowser fight. Other than a few very minor graphical bugs, it's very playable.
Super Smash Bros. - Crashes on loading the rom unfortunately.
Tetrisphere - Playable but runs pretty slow.
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater - Playable but runs pretty slow most of the time.
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 - A bit slow in-game but very playable.
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 - A bit slow in-game but very playable.
Top Gear Rally - Doesn't load.
Toy Story 2 - Can't see the menus but if you mash Start and A enough you'll get in game. Very playable but is rather slow.
Turok - Wouldn't load.
Turok 2 - Wouldn't load.
Turok 3 - Wouldn't load.
Wave Race 64 - Very playable with some slowdown.
Wipeout 64 - Menus are unreadable and can't see anything once in-game.
World Driver Championship - Wouldn't load.
Yoshi's Story - Crashes on loading the rom.

Last edited by Ferrox,

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
If this piece of art will get a little better compatibility and some more speed. It would be the true crown champion of all N3DS homebrew <3

I will start testings tens of games that havent been tested tomorrow. Like mario golf, mario tennis, wipeout 64 and a couple of more! Very exited for this!!!

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
If both n64 and z64 works I’m probably out of the game. I have tried around 10 of the confirmed working roms. But all of them freezes the emu and the N3DSXL. Hopefully it was a bad rom set.

I will try some more!

Reactions: CrashMidnick

RandomMan25XX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doom 64 - Now up to 13FPS, still kinda unplayable unless you like doom in slow motion
Earthworm Jim 3D - Runs fairly solid except for the missing menu graphics
F-Zero Expansion (Cart Hack) - Still freezes the emulator
Snowboard Kids - Runs decently at first aside from graphical issues, then drops to half the frame rate it's supposed to be in a race
Snowboard Kids 2 - Runs but with nothing on the screen except the title graphics
South Park - No longer runs, just freezes the emulator
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater - Runs decently in menus but slows by a little when in-game (I reiterate my point about doom but substitute THPS instead)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 & 3 Similar to THPS 1, except more graphical glitches
Top Gear Rally 2 - Graphical issues like crazy, runs kinda slow in the race (only to crash and softlock in the game but not the emulator)

I've got a bunch of other stuff I can test, this is just some of what's on my 3ds sd card at the moment, if any of these have already been reported on for the new build of daedalusx64-3ds let me know

Last edited by RandomMan25XX, , Reason: Can't get all the colors to look right on the light theme and on mobile
D

Deleted User

If both n64 and z64 works I’m probably out of the game. I have tried around 10 of the confirmed working roms. But all of them freezes the emu and the N3DSXL. Hopefully it was a bad rom set.

I will try some more!
Mine are No-Intro and work on my N3DS and standard 2DS.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...