Dad dies after six-hour hospital wait.

SpikeyBryan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the problem! There is no way for people to judge exactly to what extent someone is ill... Or any real documented way I don't think for them to have a uniform way of doing it at least >_>

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
UltraMagnus said:
yup, the health service in this country sucks.....

The health service in this country is generally excellent to be honest. Things like this happen everywhere, even in places where you're forced to purchase private healthcare while many go without. Things do go wrong though, and when they do things have to be seriously looked at and improved. One advantage we have is that the NHS is a major political issue and for a government to let standards slip is political suicide and means they will almost certainly be voted out. On the other hand you have no option of voting out a cabal of a select few commercial companies which hold a vice liek grip on all healthcare in a market where very few individuals have any real choice in who they get their healthcare from.

It's also worth taking aspects of this story with a grain of salt, seeing as it comes from the Daily Mail. (For posters across the Atlatic, imagine a worse version of Fox News transferred to paper format and you're pretty close to the mark.)

(Edited to elaborate)

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
The health service in this country is generally excellent to be honest. Things like this happen everywhere, even in places where you're forced to purchase private healthcare while many go without.

Some places are decent, some places are excellent. A lot of places are horrible, dirty and generally slow with incredibly horrible staff, a lot of them understaffed.

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
It's really a sad thing when someone dies due to some people who don't take their job seriously/doing it all wrong..
frown.gif

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
That is so sad. What were the people at the hospital doing? It really sucks when stuff like this happens. I assume he could of been saved if he'd been seen straight away? As for the Daily Mail, they are known for sensationalising stories and jumping on the latest bandwagon.

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
lee1978 said:
That is so sad. What were the people at the hospital doing? It really sucks when stuff like this happens. I assume he could of been saved if he'd been seen straight away? As for the Daily Mail, they are known for sensationalising stories and jumping on the latest bandwagon.
I think most news sources do that all the time, trying to create interesting and shocking stories all the time..

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This reminds me of another thing that happened a while back, but I think it was around a hospital in New York, but I can't remember. There was an old woman sitting in a hospital waiting room, and a long time passed by. This woman just flopped on the ground dead, and nobody had the damn nerve to do something. And the worst part is it was all caught on surveillance cam. What a bunch of ignorant people.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
*Godot* said:
This reminds me of another thing that happened a while back, but I think it was around a hospital in New York, but I can't remember. There was an old woman sitting in a hospital waiting room, and a long time passed by. This woman just flopped on the ground dead, and nobody had the damn nerve to do something. And the worst part is it was all caught on surveillance cam. What a bunch of ignorant people.

This is what makes me hate human kind sometimes. These two stories get me pissed off, I would have never let anything like that happen if I were their. I would have let that guy but me in line if I knew he was close to death.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. He died a day after his son's birthday too. His son's probably going to be scarred for a while. Its true that there are hospitals that can't do their jobs properly though. I had a migraine for a week straight and the hospital made me wait for 7 hours before I finally got my turn.

triclopzx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anakir said:
Wow. He died a day after his son's birthday too. His son's probably going to be scarred for a while. Its true that there are hospitals that can't do their jobs properly though. I had a migraine for a week straight and the hospital made me wait for 7 hours before I finally got my turn.

For a while?? More like for the rest of hes life.

Wow i saw the video posted above its just disgracefull how some people act sometimes. I myself almost died waiting in the hospital awaiting medical attention. I had appendicitis the doctor told me if I waited like 15 more minutes I would have been dead.

Hospitals in Puerto Rico are second to none in service with the exception of a few that work well other than that out of luck here
wacko.gif

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's just heartrending but I am very curious what this man had? Anyone know? Sounds like something you would see out of a horror movie 'virus that attacks the heart and needs limbs to be amputated to save the person'.

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Remember the incident about the woman who was dead in the waiting room for hours and no one in the hospital gave a crap? This like that.

mad.gif

Lockon Stratos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
reaper00004 said:
Remember the incident about the woman who was dead in the waiting room for hours and no one in the hospital gave a crap? This like that.

mad.gif
What incident with a woman who died in the same style? Do you think you can send me the link if it's posted on the net? Hopefully we get more decent hospitals and doctors
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.