Hacking D2ckey and SSBB DVD9 ERROR

xfrostx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM THIS ? I AM GETTING WHITE SCREEN RIGHT BEFORE THE BOOT OF THE MAIN MENU FOR SSBB. THE WII DETECTS THE GAME AND EVERYTHING. D2CKEY DVD9 SSBB ANYONE ELSE GET THIS PROBLEM ?

papauru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Me too :/

Work on PAL wiikey in 50hz mode only (god damn the game look so slow in 50hz)
and Blank screen with a NTSC J D2Ckey with the DVD5 to DVD9 swap trick

falco123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First of all, learn some internet etiquette and stop typing in caps.

Second of all, the DVD swap trick should work unless you want dual channels.

xfrostx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what ? read above please.... already updated booting the game is the problem. DVD swap works duh/...

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it too but i have wiinja deluxe, as i said in some other posts. It seems wiinja deluxe and d2ckey get the exact same prob. freezing white screen

DrQuack02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same stuff as roflcopter_down:

Used Sony, Verbatim DVD+R 2.4x burn
Nero and ImgBurn (Default settings)

Julian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also having this problem, d2ckey, swap method doesn't work. (Technically, it works in that it will play the game, but it freezes exactly where the dvd5 version freezes)

xfrostx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dirty lasers ? how is that a possibility if other d2ckey users have the same problem and all the other games boot fine.

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
dirty lasers ? how is that a possibility if other d2ckey users have the same problem and all the other games boot fine.

Well, you never want to discard that possibility. Please read fully the first post on this page of this thread

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=74274&st=690

and also read the short article that it links to fully.

Not saying that's the problem people here are having, but if you have already tried recording the DVD9 in different quality medias, at different speeds with different recorders and with different recording software and the DVD9 freezes exaclty in the same point as the DVD5 version and not so for other people ... well, you can't discard that perhaps your wii can not read dual layer recordeable discs, maybe not even originals (read post & article above).

If you want to give dual layer support on your wii a try, you could create a multigame gcos dual layer disc and try it out. Just pack a bunch of gamecube games up to 8.5gb with MultiGame ISO Creator v3.2.4F+ or GCOS Multigame DVD9 or something like that was called.

xfrostx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i cant try the GCOS thing cause i only have DL discs. I live in a smoke free home and everything, i doubt it is the laser. If i get me DL discs i will try it. The wii can read the DISC though the Dual Layer Disc... I can launch it and everything, it is just before the SSBB main menu it freezes, right before the video. If you put ur DVD5 disc in you can see that there is a white screen right before the Main Menu that is where it freezes..

PirateKeef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe this release is nuked so that it works on Wiikeys without needing a firmware update, consequently screwing up the compatibility with other modchips like the d2ckey. Anyways, this is pissing me off. We payed prime for this supposedly "superior" and "undetectable" modchip...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple