Hacking D2C2 KEY-9

lolmao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so i want to change my jap wii to pal, but i need to change my modchip region. i opened up and found what looks like a modchip it says d2c2 key-9. i googled it and cant find much so it looks like its a piece of crap modchip. does anyone know if i can change or update the modchip settings & change the region on this thing?

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow - never seen one of those before... I guess it's a wasabi clone! The jumpers are the same as the wasabi ones.

Weirdly, the G point is different though :S

Anyway......

I can see in your pic down the bottom - two jumpers - JP1 and JP2. Both are open at the moment (for Jap region).

For PAL you need to short JP1 - per the diagram you posted.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
lolmao said:
thanks, how would a noob short JP1? do i have to solder?

In a word, yes. You *might* be able to get away with it, using a conductive pen... but solder is the best way to go about it.

andreq

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You might try with "metalic" fingernail... ok this sound weird but if your able to find some "conductive" fingernail... this would probably work... but the resistance must not be to high...

Anyway soldering 2 "jumper" pin should'nt be a problem for someone who never soldered...

lolmao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the responses, im not sure its going to be worth getting the equipment and working out how to solder though. fingernails sounds good?

lolmao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cool thanks.
i just installed starfall 0.5 and its working so i dont think theres any need for me to change my chip region at the moment is there??
if i do find the need il get my hands one a conductive pen

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Were you having problems running non-NTSC-J games before? I just use Gecko OS for the rare titles that don't work straight up.

P.S. - Jaycar sell conductive pens - http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?I...=&SUBCATID=

Otherwise, make friends with someone who can solder.... OzModChips have pro modders in most Australian cities - I'm sure there are lots of members on here with skills too. Maybe I could help you out if you're in Brisbane.

lolmao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was having some problems with PAL and NTSC-U games, mostly i fixed discs using methods in the compatibility page. Gecko OS is annoying to use and timestamp doesnt work & crashes on exit if its a channel.
Main reasons was i want to have my wii in english, and want to be able to purchase a PAL game, and play it without editing the disc or using gecko. & possibly to play pal gcn games.

STARFALL looks like it may have fixed my problem. otherwise il goto jarcar.

im in melbourne

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
This might be a crazy question - but why didn't you just buy a PAL wii?
tongue.gif

gamidi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Glueing a piece of wire will probably work, but that kind of soldering you need to bridge two points so close to each other can be done even with a lighter -.- .

hoan999999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did soldering changed the region? Please tell me, as I have that same damn chip.

If it didn't work, then I'm screwed, big time.

Please tell me that it works
mellow.gif
psp.gif

lolmao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hoan999999 said:
Did soldering changed the region? Please tell me, as I have that same damn chip.

If it didn't work, then I'm screwed, big time.

Please tell me that it works
mellow.gif
psp.gif

hey mate, i didnt bother changing the chip region, just install starfall v0.5 it allows your wii to play any region games (you need to run the waninkoko firmware downgrader or region changer apps first to get to 3.2E or 3.2U). im running PAL 3.2E and everything runs fine now i think.. otherwise my next option would be the conductive pen.

soldering or bridging the chip would change your drive region and allow you to play discs of that region, assuming you install the right wii firmware region.

hoan999999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Crap. I changed the region, firmware. No Bricks involved. now 3.3

the thing is..... oh I'm going to crap right now.... I don't have HBC any more, and the fact that it's now 3.3 made it worse.

Is there any way out?

maybe I should ask my niece for her legit Twilight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...