Hacking CycloDS + GBA roms

AC/DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to hijack the topic a bit. I'm expecting an EZ 3-in-1 any day now, already have a Cyclo, and was curious whether there is a simple guide somewhere on this site on how to get GBA games running?
I have no idea what to do after I start my DS with both carts in...Or will it be obvious? TIA.

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here this is from dsdatabase.org

Moving on to the EZ Flash 3 in 1 support, the CycloDS Evolution is one of the very few carts that natively support it. What do I mean by natively support it? As mentioned already, most slot 1 flash cart support it when paired up with GBAExpLoader. However, the CycloDS Evolution is different as it allows users to manage their GBA game within its menu, burning GBA games is as simple as using the CycloDS Evolution menu and clicking a GBA game. Rumble can be set to different levels in the settings, and RAM is automatically activated. Personally, I still prefer to use GBAExpLoader, as it is much more stable, and a familiar environment for me, but the convenience of being able to boot straight from the menu is a huge advantage.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AC/DS said:
Sorry to hijack the topic a bit. I'm expecting an EZ 3-in-1 any day now, already have a Cyclo, and was curious whether there is a simple guide somewhere on this site on how to get GBA games running?
I have no idea what to do after I start my DS with both carts in...Or will it be obvious? TIA.
nothing you just put the roms wherever and pick them from the menu unless you got the plus which you need the latest version of the gbaxploder to play gba games until TC adds support for it

AC/DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Ichigosj said:
nothing you just put the roms wherever and pick them from the menu unless you got the plus which you need the latest version of the gbaxploder to play gba games until TC adds support for it
Just a quick update, I now have the EZ 3in1 but don't know which version it is, it is white colour.
Ehm, anyway, the Cyclo DS does not seem to co-operate with it, I don't see GBA games in the menu and CycloDS doesn't recognise that a Slot-2 device is connected....
/a few minutes later
Er, actually scratch that, after a little fiddling with GBAExploder and one GBA game, the Cyclo DS now does recognise the Slot 2 and offers to boot either a NDS or an GBA mode??? I don't actually understand very much what's happened, I've just played with the NOR thing a bit.
/scratches head
Anyway, it seems to work now. I'd really need a thorough guide to know what exactly I'm doing ;-)

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AC/DS said:
Ichigosj said:
Just a quick update, I now have the EZ 3in1 but don't know which version it is, it is white colour.
Ehm, anyway, the Cyclo DS does not seem to co-operate with it, I don't see GBA games in the menu and CycloDS doesn't recognise that a Slot-2 device is connected....
/a few minutes later
Er, actually scratch that, after a little fiddling with GBAExploder and one GBA game, the Cyclo DS now does recognise the Slot 2 and offers to boot either a NDS or an GBA mode??? I don't actually understand very much what's happened, I've just played with the NOR thing a bit.
/scratches head
Anyway, it seems to work now. I'd really need a thorough guide to know what exactly I'm doing ;-)
you don't have to use nor if the rom isn't that big and in gbaxploder does it say it's a ez flash 3-in-1 pls

AC/DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Ichigosj said:
you don't have to use nor if the rom isn't that big and in gbaxploder does it say it's a ez flash 3-in-1 pls

It actually says "3in1" so I have the old version?
I'd really like to know what these options mean (as taken from GBAExploder menu):
(A) Copy game -- where?
(B) Write SRAM to SAV file -- er, what?
(X) Run game in NOR -- what is NOR and what does this entail?
(Y) Load SAV file to SRAM -- why would I need this?
(L) Change mode -- to what?

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AC/DS said:
Ichigosj said:

It actually says "3in1" so I have the old version?
I'd really like to know what these options mean (as taken from GBAExploder menu):
(A) Copy game -- where?
(B) Write SRAM to SAV file -- er, what?
(X) Run game in NOR -- what is NOR and what does this entail?
(Y) Load SAV file to SRAM -- why would I need this?
(L) Change mode -- to what?
ha id like to know to I only knew pressing a runs the game in whatever mode i was in and L and R change the mode to sram and nor. nor has more memory for bigger games but takes longer to start up

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
If your in doubt which 3in1 you got I have a quick visual comparison of all 3 versions of the 3in1 you can compare yours to. Cyclo also has integrated support for the 3in1.

Using exploader is simple enough to understand, L & R for mode, X Y A B for certain actions as Ichigosj says.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130659

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-