Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Beta release:
CycloDS 1.3beta3

QUOTE said:
Following on from v1.3 BETA 2, this release should fix issues with MicroSD corruption as well as some other minor issues. Changes include:

* Miscellaneous game compatibility fixes
  * Improved reliability
  * The RTS file format has changed, which unfortunately means old saves are not compatible with this release. However, this will be the last time the RTS file format changes unless major changes are made to the firmware

tongue.gif

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently you missed the part of the post on the TC forums that stated:

Once again, we would like to remind web-masters to please refrain from posting news about this build on your websites. Hopefully this firmware will now be stable enough to be re-released as v1.3 final in a few days - so please let us know if you have any issues

---
I hope they can get 1.3 FINAL out so that 1.4 with the text reader and improved GUI can see the light of day to the public.

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never understood why RTS was prioritized the way it is. If I'm interrupted when playing a game it's easy enough to just go to suspend mode by closing the lid. I can see why you might want to experiment with a fast action game but wouldn't the cheat database get you past the part you needed?

Seems like a waste of energy. I'd like to see improvements in the skinning engine above all else. Compared to some of the R4 skins the CycloDS library seem primitive in comparison.

You must be blind when it comes to skinning. You say the library seems primitive. The correct word is thin, or small, even growing you might say. The skinning engine of the Evolution is far more advanced than that of the R4. Sure, I would like to see it get better as I am a skinner myself...the first one actually, but RTS is useful for other things. It allows you to come back to where you were before the interruption. It allows you to turn the DS off, do something else, play another game, and still be able to come back to your previous position. Something shutting the lid cannot do.

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never understood why RTS was prioritized the way it is. If I'm interrupted when playing a game it's easy enough to just go to suspend mode by closing the lid.  I can see why you might want to experiment with a fast action game but wouldn't the cheat database get you past the part you needed?

Seems like a waste of energy. I'd like to see improvements in the skinning engine above all else. Compared to some of the R4 skins the CycloDS library seem primitive in comparison.

You must be blind when it comes to skinning. You say the library seems primitive. The correct word is thin, or small, even growing you might say. The skinning engine of the Evolution is far more advanced than that of the R4. Sure, I would like to see it get better as I am a skinner myself...the first one actually, but RTS is useful for other things. It allows you to come back to where you were before the interruption. It allows you to turn the DS off, do something else, play another game, and still be able to come back to your previous position. Something shutting the lid cannot do.

Yeah, especially considering the CycloDS Evo's heavy battery use even in sleep mode. It's really frustrating to put a game in sleep mode, only to come back hours later and see that the battery died and your suspended data is gone. RTS has the power to change this.

RTS for president in 2008.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never understood why RTS was prioritized the way it is. If I'm interrupted when playing a game it's easy enough to just go to suspend mode by closing the lid. I can see why you might want to experiment with a fast action game but wouldn't the cheat database get you past the part you needed?

RTS lets you cheat without feeling like you are cheating.

The reason it was prioritized on the Evo, though, was because SuperCard came out with theirs first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-