Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

CycloDS evolution updates

FW 1.2, moonshell Evolution tools.

cyclods.gif

CycloDS Evolution Firmware v1.2 has just been released. Here is the change log provided by the Cyclops team:
[title:Change log]
* Custom cheat code support added

* Fixed Wii connectivity (Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and Pokemon Battle Revolution)

* Several game compatibility fixes

* Multiple skins are supported

* RAM pack for Opera (clean rom) supported via CycloDS Mini/Micro and EZ3in1

* Rumble for EZ3in1 supported

* All text is now completely translated, and additional translations have been included

* DSLinux is now supported

* Moonshell soft reset is now supported

* Added new GUI file view mode, "list view"

Moonshell changelog:

* Bookmarks are now working

* Audio file resume is now working (must be enabled in settings first)

* Fixed a problem where soft reset would not work after playing a DPG video

Evolution Tools is a PC-side software package for users of CycloDS Evolution.

Presently the following features exist:

* Cheat code editor - a GUI based application for manipulating CycloDS Evolution cheat code databases. Included is the ability to automatically retrieve the most recent cheat codes directly from the internet.

* Automatic ROM trimmer - can automatically trim your ROM files on the PC without any manual interaction required on your part.

* Enable ROM icons - display actual ROM icons when browsing files in Windows.
As you can see, the Cyclops team has been working hard on this new update! So...

icon11.gif
Visit the cycloDS homepage

download.gif
Download

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm not a cyclo owner, but i thought these things.

1. wasn't wii connectivity fixed in the last update?
2. i don't see why moonshell would have had those problems before..?
3. dslinux now supported? do they just mean cyclo slot two ram? or actually running it?
4. do the last two just indicate a previous problem with the dldi driver?
5. the automatic rom trimming is stupid from what i hear... you don't always want to trim roms, but it seems to do it automatically by just by selecting them.
6. rom icons in windows is a quite nice idea.
7. overall seems like they've put quite alot of work into the pc side tools.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Wii connectivity was fixed before. That was a beta release though. I'm sure they just wanted to add it in the changelog for the final release.

And that automatic trimmer is awesome. It's quick as hell too. Once you open the folder that contains the rom, it gets trimmed almost instantaneously.

And if you don't want your rom trimmed(while myself and many others trim every single rom we download), the auto trimmer can be turned off with a click of the mouse. You can also set the trimmer to download roms in a specific directory. So it's not only global.

All in all, this is a good release. It's nice to see TC supporting their product so well.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i tend not to trim my roms because of problems so a feature to turn it of (hopefully it works properly and stays off) is good, and can you turn off the auto trimmer via the DS or is it via the PC only?

oh and can moonshell be removed from cyclo DS/micro sd to conserve space? i don't use moonshell yah see.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, the icons look just like tom shows. It's quite nice. I like how even the save files have their own icon now.

And jalanme, you turn the trimmer off on the pc. That's where it's installed, not the DS. I'm glad they didn't go the route of the Acekard and put the trimmer on the DS. But yeah, if you turn it off, it stays off. I tested this since there's an occasional rom that doesn't run well trimmed on the SCDS1. So I'd have to turn it off every once in a while myself.

Aso, you can choose not to install the trimmer when you install the cheat editor and icons. So if you don't trim your roms, you don't have to install.

And moonshell isn'tnincluded in the firmware. It's a separate download. I don't have it installed on mine. The DS just isn't the greatest device to listen to music and watch movies on.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
so those icons are the DS games? or what are they? and that's good about the trimmer, and moonshell too, cyclo DS seems to always do everything right so far, i wish i could afford one now
frown.gif
i agree, the DS is not a great device to listen to mp3's movies and so on, i have separate devices that do a much better job.

Zaolen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It would be nice if someone could make the same for the KDE and/or Gnome desktops.

The Team are doing GREAT with this card, congrats for them and for those who own the CycloDS
wink.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i personally believed R4 to be the best before but just after i bought R4... i think cyclo is better and it's kinda obvious as R4 don't update very often and cyclo has better hopes for achieving something that R4 can't (use of it's ram etc.)

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
wow, just wow, gotta love the implemented Ezflash 3 in 1 supports(RAM and Rumble at least), along with the Wii fixes and SDHC support. This.... is enough for a reason for me to ditch my R4.... when it breaks anyway!

I hope the R4 team is seeing this, and they are thinking about something.

kaktus.ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, the R4 team has been slow on updates lately.
If they start pumping out any more updates, I'll probably get a CycloDS.

Btw, seems like the icons in the screenshot doesn't work on trimmed roms? Am I correct in that assumption, or is it even rename=no icon?

Oh well, the Cyclo team is really doing a great job supporting their product...

...so where is my R4 1.12!?
wink.gif

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh....I was just about to buy a Cyclo and when I see this changelog it makes me hesitant...do they mean Moonshell wasn't even working before? They just fixed soft reset and audio resume? Changing settings? What? I never had to do all this with my R4.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Uhm, what makes you think it wasn't working before? o.o

It just sais they fixed soft-reset, bookmarks and audio resume, which apparently wasn't working properly before.

The thing about options is just that, if you want to use audio resume, you need to turn it on in Moonshell's options. Duh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg