CycloDS Evolution Review

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The review helped me. I was looking for my instruction leaflet and was about to send a "where's my instructions you ****s"

I popped in the Kingston set up for my R4.

I have not seen an in game menu so add Lost Magic to the list of games incompatible with the menu.

and it is annoying that I will need to do something more to get moon shell running on the Cyclo than for the R4. I got an error message that moon shell is not set up.

I thought that there is an found the download giving me an in game menu that lets you take a save but Lost Magic is still not supported.

The slot for the memory card is too tight but as indicated in the review the card is not about to fall out.

And the CycloDS site is unaccessible due to bandwidth having been exceeded. Do I I would have to wait until April to update my boot disk? but for the download section.

At least the card works.

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems unfair for you to talk about how the RTS is disabled when in fact you just failed to read the instructions on their website. In order to enable RTS for any game, you simply hold the SELECT button while first starting up the game. This creates the required RTS file. You only need to do this once for each game you wish to have RTS enabled with. Now when you play that game, the menu options will be enabled. It would be nice to see the review edited to reflect this fact.

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
antiaverage said:
It seems unfair for you to talk about how the RTS is disabled when in fact you just failed to read the instructions on their website. In order to enable RTS for any game, you simply hold the SELECT button while first starting up the game. This creates the required RTS file. You only need to do this once for each game you wish to have RTS enabled with. Now when you play that game, the menu options will be enabled. It would be nice to see the review edited to reflect this fact.

or the review is just outdated
rolleyes.gif

btw, I'm planing to but this cart and have a few question.

-menu, it display 4 games at a time? (is there a way to set it to do not show icon- so more game at one time)
-If I set the DS to autoboot to DS cart, will it boot straight to cycloDS's menu (no select slot screen)

Shivers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great review, especially now that it comes in sexy black and that I hear they've fixed the memory reader that they package with it! Your review basically sold it to me and I'm buying mines as soon as I have some free cash
smile.gif

Isaiah

The Conductor
Trophies
XP
Country
Doggy124 said:
antiaverage said:

or the review is just outdated
rolleyes.gif

btw, I'm planing to but this cart and have a few question.

-menu, it display 4 games at a time? (is there a way to set it to do not show icon- so more game at one time)
-If I set the DS to autoboot to DS cart, will it boot straight to cycloDS's menu (no select slot screen)
yeah theres a setting that will show the games r4 style just press x in the games menu

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a sec I thought there was new news on the Cyclo. Go to the Cyclo forum and ask this question. dealextreme still is selling them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work