Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
so let me get this straight, this update enables you to play the cyclo ds (not ievo) on a dsi and 3ds?

this update, lets the ievo use DSI mode ON a 3ds

so the ievo can use DS and DSi mode on the 3ds

cyclo ds (normal one) will NOT work with the dsi or 3ds

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ryupower said:
cyclo ds (normal one) will NOT work with the dsi or 3ds

ah that is a real shame.
frown.gif

Pyon Pyon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
That's some pretty nice news, now the iEvo is actually a competitor to the DSTwo on the 3DS.
Like hell it is. What good is DSiMode?

DSi only games are few, and aren't any good.
DSi enhanced games are hard to find unpatched for DS, and all they offer is very limiting camera/picture functions.
Though its not Cyclo's fault that camera games are child games, Cyclo's DSi Mode is only useful for kids ages 8 and below.

DSTwo emulates GBA.

The best thing that can be taken from the update is it gives more hope to the idea of a hacked 3DS.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Pyon Pyon said:
Rydian said:
That's some pretty nice news, now the iEvo is actually a competitor to the DSTwo on the 3DS.

DSi enhanced games are hard to find unpatched for DS, and all they offer is very limiting camera/picture functions.
Though its not Cyclo's fault that camera games are child games, Cyclo's DSi Mode is only useful for kids ages 8 and below.

DSTwo emulates GBA.

The best thing that can be taken from the update is it gives more hope to the idea of a hacked 3DS.
:/ Right, nobody doing stuff for DSiMode are doing it with the straight up intent of piracy...which is clearly all you seem to care about.

Pyon Pyon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Pyon Pyon said:
Rydian said:

DSTwo emulates GBA.

:/ Right, nobody doing stuff for DSiMode are doing it with the straight up intent of piracy...which is clearly all you seem to care about.
You're right...

All the people who ever bought an R4 or similar device only had weak, incomplete, terrible homebrew in their thoughts.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Pyon Pyon said:
You're right...

All the people who ever bought an R4 or similar device only had weak, incomplete, terrible homebrew in their thoughts.Lurk more.

EDIT: Example...

QUOTE(Another World @ May 24 2011, 03:00 AM) its working in dsi-mode on the ievo. i noticed that this one isn't using a bios? since one isn't required for the 2600 and 7800, could the problem with the 5200 be something related to the loading of the bios?

i forgot how fun 7800 games were. i haven't enjoyed them since my dingoo a320 got a cracked screen =(. its so nice to play them again in dsi-mode. seriously though alek, i can't thank you enough. these are the systems i grew up with and i'm so happy to play them again. homebrew is the only reason i still enjoy my nintendo handheld systems. i can't believe that i'm sitting with my feet up right now playing Dark Chambers!! =)
And for the R4i Gold review I actually ended up testing more homebrew than game ROMs... and on my PSP I have three times as much homebrew as I do actual PSP games.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pyon Pyon said:
Rydian said:

DSTwo emulates GBA.

It's sad that nowadays everything revolves around processing power instead of actual content.. If something is made working on a new device, it's automatically inferior because of the specs? Meh get real, a lot of DS homebrew made so far benefits from DS mode compared to the DSTwo processor. This is simply because everything has to be recompiled for the DSTwo instead of the (not-100%-working) compatibility layer which enables the extras without needing to do any big changes to old homebrew. Every new update that makes old stuff work better is worth it imho. This goes both for the DSTwo and the iEvo (hell I'll call in the R4 and AK2i for that matter, even though neither of them have DSi mode or extra processing power). Not everyone wants to pirate :3

-Qtis

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Qtis said:
nitrozz said:
hi,
no news about compatibility with last 3ds firmware ?

AFAIK DSi mode works, DSL doesn't. Can't confirm since I don't own a 3DS, but that's the current situation :3

-Qtis

Yeah, DSi mode works but not that well. I have found quite a few games that freeze or don't load in DSi mode. Not to mention there's no WiFi in DSi mode.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Rockym said:
Qtis said:
nitrozz said:
hi,

AFAIK DSi mode works, DSL doesn't. Can't confirm since I don't own a 3DS, but that's the current situation :3

-Qtis

Yeah, DSi mode works but not that well. I have found quite a few games that freeze or don't load in DSi mode. Not to mention there's no WiFi in DSi mode.

Try disabling battery saver, that usually does it (unless the game is newish and hasn't been patched). Using the iEvo in DSi mode is interesting, but unless you use it for homebrew, its benefits are limited to a certain extent.. This includes the WiFi disability etc. which hamper normal gaming. But as said most games work in DSi mode and this helps temporarily until a new patch is made
smile.gif

-Qtis

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Qtis said:
Rockym said:
Qtis said:
nitrozz said:
hi,

-Qtis

Try disabling battery saver, that usually does it (unless the game is newish and hasn't been patched). Using the iEvo in DSi mode is interesting, but unless you use it for homebrew, its benefits are limited to a certain extent.. This includes the WiFi disability etc. which hamper normal gaming. But as said most games work in DSi mode and this helps temporarily until a new patch is made
smile.gif

-Qtis

Already had battery saver disabled. Doesn't help. I'm sorry but, DSi mode is still very buggy on the iEvolution and I don't think "works in DSi mode" is a viable solution right now. The issues are mounting and TC is still silent and apparently doing nothing when all the other manufacturers have updates within a few hours of a Nintendo update.

TC needs to get their crap together or else they will be out of business soon. Just look at their forums, all but dead. Hardly any activity at all. Looks like many have moved on to other products. I know I have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkwLviMVR9E