Hacking CycloDS Evo Card reader

norcrel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the review on this site here: [link], the card reader that used to come with the CycloDS Evo had the possibility of corrupting the microSD card, making it unusable.
QUOTE said:
Included with the CycloDS Evolution is a small USB micro SD card reader. The same one that is included with the R4 and M3 DS Simply. It's not a very good card reader, there have been countless problems experienced with these adapters - everything from overheating to corrupting SD cards. I really recommend you just pick up a real SD card reader

I was wondering if this was still true, since I think Team Cyclops started shipping the CycloDS Evo with a different customized microSD card reader.

Anyone have any problems with it? I actually couldn't wait to put stuff on my microSD so I've already used it twice with no problems, but I'm still concerned that it might crap out on me.
unsure.gif

(edit to fix the link/quote that I horribly butchered)

webjedi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any problems with it? I actually couldn't wait to put stuff on my microSD so I've already used it twice with no problems, but I'm still concerned that it might crap out on me.
unsure.gif

I have both the old (clear blue) reader from CycloDS and the new branded silver one and have not had problems with either. I've done lots of reader/writes with the older one and have only used the newer one a few times. But zero issues.

And I find this hard to believe...

the card reader that used to come with the CycloDS Evo had the possibility of corrupting the microSD card, making it unusable.

How would a card reader corrupt a card so that it's unusable?!?! That statement alone makes me highly doubt anything else that article may say.

Good luck.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
The blue one was the same as the R4 and mine is almost dead ...

The new silver one works fine and fast ( constant 20000 Kb/s in read up to 6900 Kb/s in write with the same 2GB kingston made in japan Micro SD card on a Belkin usb 2.0 hub ). The latency is around 0.8 ms on an average computer.

The new one i've got is referenced as
USB version : 2.00
Manufacturer : Genesys
SerialNumber : 000000009407
Vendor ID : 05E3
Product ID : 0717
Device ID : 9407

Quote: any card reader will work fine ?
No : http://www.hjreggel.net/cardspeed/special-sd.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.