CycloDS commands/shortcuts?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Darkcloak, Jun 12, 2009.

Jun 12, 2009

CycloDS commands/shortcuts? by Darkcloak at 11:38 PM (1,150 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Darkcloak
    OP

Newcomer Darkcloak Advanced Member

United States
    Stuff like L+R+Y+B+A+X to return to the Cyclo menu while playing. Is there some kind of command to restart a rom? So I don't have to reload data from my microSD everytime I need to reset a game or reload a save.

2. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    When you go to the enhanced menu and select return to main menu, hold down L and R and the game will automatically restart.

3. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Are you talking about the in-game soft-reset? That combo is Start+Select+L+R for most games, and it's actually built into to game itself, not part of the CycloDS. Note that not all games have this feature, but the majority do, and I have yet to play a good game that doesn't.

4. Porkdish

Member Porkdish GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    -Pressing X in the rom menu will cycle display modes
    -Holding down SELECT while booting a NDS rom will create a real time save for it
    -Pressing (shoulder buttons) [L]eft and [R]ight skip a page up and page down respectively when navigating roms in the menu and also in the cheats list and in game text viewer.
    -Pressing SELECT when highlighting a GBA rom will let you pick whether to load it into NOR or SRAM on your slot 2 extension.

5. Darkcloak
    OP

Newcomer Darkcloak Advanced Member

United States
    Thanks for the replies, I didn't know about the soft-reset. With these tricks I should be able to cheat the dreaded RNG etc [​IMG]