Hacking Cyclo with EZ Flash 3 in 1

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
It shouldn't work on a previous firmware since the new source code for the 3 in 1 was released after the latest Cyclo firmware was released.

Translucentbill

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Ohh, i didnt know the 3 in 1 had been updated, my bad
tongue.gif

davrizio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
derfolo said:
Just to let you all know that TC is now looking into this:

"Hello,

We will investigate it!

Thank you for your support.

Best Regards,
Team Cyclops - Tech Support

> Dear Team Cyclops,
>
> Do you have any responses to the people who can't use the new EZFlash 3 in
> 1 Plus with Cyclo DS Evo FW 1.51?
>
> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=126850
>
> (Note that no one can post these messages to the CycloDS forums because
> registration is now disabled.)
>
> Thanks"

Nice! Thanks for updating us with their reply.

It looks like the EZ Flash team released the updated source code the beginning of December

http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13482

So I would imagine that the Cyclo team would have an update in the works...

stubadub

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my god, thank goodness someone else just experienced this. Mine came in today and I was ready to throw it against the wall in frustration. Thanks for the info on how to get the gba games working in the meantime.

m.o.r.

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
derfolo said:
Just to let you all know that TC is now looking into this:

"Hello,

We will investigate it!

Thank you for your support.

Best Regards,
Team Cyclops - Tech Support

thank god i found this thread and thanks TC for looking into it!
smile.gif
i was at the end of my wits trying to figure this out for quite some time now. i was fortunate enough to be registered on the TC forums and this was my post a couple of days back. it seems as though all users there have the older batch and newer users who recently purchased the new 3in1 simply couldn't report it on their threads with their registration closed. i couldn't find any post there with the same symptoms as we are experiencing on our 3in1 units.

i bought my ez V 3in1 from dealextreme late december 2008 and it was delivered 1st week of january 2009. it falls under the same timeframe you guys here got yours as well. in addition to the cyclods onboard gba rom loader not working, (i'm also on firmware v1.51) i could not get rumble to work even after enabling it on both gbaexploder & the cyclods settings + flashing a game into NOR; nds games still has rumble greyed-out. but choosing a rumble strength setting on gbaexploder vibrates my unit fine.

at least it's great to know there's still hope since TC is fully aware of it now.
smile.gif

GreatInca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my CycloDS with EZ-Flash V 3-In-1 (with 512Mbit NOR) yesterday. Fresh upgrade to 1.53. I to can only access my EZ 3-in-1 via 3rd party loarders (GBA exPloader and GBALdr both work).

Is there anyway to create a multiboot on the NOR memory, especially since this 3-in-1 has 512mbit of NOR memory?

D

Deleted User

Just got my EZFlash V in the mail today. Tried everything that it suppossed to do. Seems to work fine. How do you tell which version you have? Is there a diagnostic mode as with the supercardSD?

I am using firmware 1.53 BTW.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Saturnplanet5 said:
Just got my EZFlash IV in the mail today. Tried everything that it suppossed to do. Seems to work fine. How do you tell which version you have? Is there a diagnostic mode as with the supercardSD?

I am using firmware 1.53 BTW.
Err... are you sure yours is an EZ Flash IV? Because we're talking about the V here.

D

Deleted User

Ozmodchips.com two days ago. Does the + version have more ram or something? I am talking about the 3 in 1 here.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know, we're all talking about the EZ-Flash V 3-in-1 slot 2 device.
wacko.gif

You bought it from ozmodchips, which still sells the regular ones. The people who have the + versions all bought theirs from Dealextreme.
I have no clue what the difference is.

GreatInca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my EZ-Flash V 512Mbit (plus I assume) from dealwoot.com $50 for the cyclo, $22 for the 3-in-1, free shipping.

MeritLine.com has A-Data 8GB class 6 MicroSD cards on sale for $17 through 1/13. Normally $27.

Does anybody know how to make the EZ-Flash 3-in-1 boot to a multi-rom menu like the flash advances of old (I Have 2 256mbit flash advance pros and a 512mbit flash advance xtreme, all with dead batteries)? That will let me have my 5 favorite games in the 512mbit NOR and the lesser games I can just use PSRAM for through GBAXPloader.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GreatInca said:
Does anybody know how to make the EZ-Flash 3-in-1 boot to a multi-rom menu like the flash advances of old (I Have 2 256mbit flash advance pros and a 512mbit flash advance xtreme, all with dead batteries)? That will let me have my 5 favorite games in the 512mbit NOR and the lesser games I can just use PSRAM for through GBAXPloader.
Hi GreatInca.
For instant only the ez5 slot 1 flashcart is able to flash multi-rom under kernel 1.90 (The stand-alone mode got a GBA menu).
I think it's perhaps something to ask at Rudolph's blog.
wink.gif

Gara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreatInca said:
I got my EZ-Flash V 512Mbit (plus I assume) from dealwoot.com $50 for the cyclo, $22 for the 3-in-1, free shipping.

MeritLine.com has A-Data 8GB class 6 MicroSD cards on sale for $17 through 1/13. Normally $27.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820208453
The transcend 8GB class 6 MicroSDHC is still on sale for 13.99 (free shipping and no tax depending on your location) if looking for a slightly better price.

I too got my EZ-Flash and Cyclods from dealwoot recently. Here's to hoping the cyclods is patched soon to accept the new 512Mbit version of EZ-Flash.

GreatInca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They got that $15 price on both A-Data (no adapter) and Transcend (with adapter). Both free shipping. MeritLine and NewEgg are the same for the SD adapter version of the A-Data, except its not by a sale on the newegg side.

Gara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreatInca said:
They got that $15 price on both A-Data (no adapter) and Transcend (with adapter). Both free shipping. MeritLine and NewEgg are the same for the SD adapter version of the A-Data, except its not by a sale on the newegg side.

Darn they raised the price by a buck on the Transcend. How do they sleep at night?

Le Reveur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man I don't know whether to be patient or to find a way to get an older version of the ez flash. You really think Cyclo Ds would've resolved this by now. Not saying that there bad with support, but I'm pretty sure they're aware that people usually buy both the ez flash and the Cyclo DS

AllThisIsNew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my 3 in 1 plus in also. My main purpose in buying it was to back up games, but NDS_Backup_Tool_3in1 can't find it either. If TC fixes their firmware -- will that allow NDS_Backup to use the 3 in 1? I sent Rudolf a note about it before I saw this thread just in case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE