Cyberpunk 2077 gets its "next-gen" patch, shows off improved visuals and performance

After a chaotic launch that featured buggy gameplay, crashes, performance issues, and a wealth of problems, the console versions of Cyberpunk 2077 are finally getting their long-awaited improvement patch. CD Projekt Red has already released nearly a dozen patches for the existing PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Cyberpunk 2077, but a livestream today revealed a "next-gen" patch designed for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. A newly-released video shows off over 30 minutes of gameplay captured on both consoles, and the new features added to them.

CD Projekt Red touts a variety of visual and performance improvements, along with 4K dynamic scaling resolution, adaptive trigger support on the PS5, ray tracing, and some major gameplay changes. In the version 1.5 patch for the game, talent trees can now be reset, allowing you to change your chosen perks, and offering some new ones that weren't available at launch, while trimming ones that the developers found to be less useful for players. Another major change sees some rebalancing regarding the game's economy and loot systems, expanding on interactions with romanceable characters, and more.

A full list of changes can be seen detailed on the official site for the game. The update is now available on Xbox Series and PlayStation 5. A free trial will also be available on both platforms. The gameplay balances and changes will extend to the last-gen versions of the game, as well as Stadia and PC.

freestile

Trophies
https://www.youtube.com/user/freestilesteve
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I did the Stadia deal and never had any issues. On a wired connection so that could be why it was decently stable. I ended up getting it for PS at best buy when it was $9.99 but I havent opened it yet. I have the ps5 but not sure If I want to bother since I already blew through it on stadia and I took advantage of some of the glitches/exploits early on. Seems like a bit of a hefty game and I gotta watch the space on my ps5 hdd until I get a newer bigger one installed. Loved the fact with Stadia you don,t have to worry about all those downloads you know. Definitely feeling like jumping back into Night City here in the near future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone