Hacking cutscene freezes in RE

Dispel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
loaded RE Umbrella Chronicles via USB loading (a 250GB USB HDD, NTFS .. PAL Wii, menu 4.0, rev17 & CFG USB Loader v51 - old I know, but they were the latest when I softmodded my Wii .. also Hermes v4 and I used mload 222, which is IOS37 merged with 38 I think .. all default settings for the game in the loader) and all the cutscenes were very laggy, freezing almost every second - both the initial before the menu and the one before the mission .. gameplay was 100% ok .. shut off the Wii and tried again - everything was ok .. is it just a random glitch or ? happened for the first time afaik

this has happened twice now & doesn't seem to get fixed by resetting anymore

bad rip ? bad USB HDD ? or just this game ? can it be connected with HDD power settings ? only cutscenes affected and maybe (not sure) loading times are a bit longer when this happens

and another question
QUOTE said:
mload 222, which is IOS37 merged with 38
would it be better to use a plain ISO37 unmerged ? what are the best combos to put on 222 & 223 ?

also - is Hermes v5 (which has 222, 223 & 224 afaik) bug free and compatible with CFG USB loader ?

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st I would upgrade Hermes 2 v5.1 and switch 2 a newer Loader (Such as CFG USB Loader or USB Loader GX) lol Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles sounds pretty new so u should update Hermes!! lol

EDIT: Here's the instructions 2 install each cIOS on the IOS... Here's a link 2 the tut!! lol
Run the cIOS222/223 Installer with the HBC. Use IOS249 if it asks so.

We advise you to install the following IOSs with these bases:

* IOS222 with base IOS38
* IOS223 with base IOS37
* IOS224 with base IOS57
* IOS202 with base IOS60

The installer will quit after each install, so you'll have to choose it again from the HBC after each install.

Dispel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Umbrella Chronicles is actually a 2007 game
smile.gif

anyway, thanks for the tip and the links, yeah I guess I should update my stuff, but will probably w8 for Other M first

so 4 q-s left :
1)
QUOTE said:
* IOS222 with base IOS38
* IOS223 with base IOS37
which would be the best for general USB compatibility with CFG loader ? I don't really need rock band (etc.) instruments or higher USB speed, but no bugs please .. was it 37 or 38 for compatibility ?
2) I already have Hermes v4 - I can just install v5.1 over it, right ?
3) I have Wanins rev17 atm .. do I NEED to update for this as well ? if I do - to what for best stability (I do not use SNEEK or Triiforce or anything except GC loading and USB loading) ? v19/20 ?
4) so pretty much the only reason here can be some issues because of USB loading and the only solutions are updates to the software ? nothing hardware related can cause cutscene freezes ?

thanks and sorry for the long questions

Dispel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
* IOS222 with base IOS38
* IOS223 with base IOS37
which would be the best for general USB compatibility with CFG loader ? I don't really need rock band (etc.) instruments or higher USB speed, but no bugs please .. was it 37 or 38 for compatibility ?

really need to know this one .. in CFG loader official thread i read QUOTEcIOS 222/223 with mload by Hermes:
v4 and v5 cIOS 222 is supported, however 223/224 v5 might not work the best with cfg for now.
so it means I should stick to mload 222, but what base to use for it when installing - 37 or 38 ? one of them was the best for compatibility - which one was it ?

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theoretically it's best to install both of them. The IOS numbers (222/223/249) aren't versions, they're "slots" where the IOS is installed. What you read is suggesting you install Hermes' cIOS with base IOS38 to IOS slot 222, and base IOS37 to 223. Most USB loaders allow you to choose which IOS to use for loading your games.

You can install v5 over v4 without a problem.

You don't NEED to update Wanin's cIOS if you plan on using Hermes'. They're separate cIOS and don't rely on each other at all. If you WANT to update I would say Rev20, I've had no problems with it.

I don't think there would be any hardware issues that would cause a game to slow down like that, and I would say that goes double since it only happens with the one game.

Dispel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, I read up a little and got it now

although appearently CFG loader and Hermes 5.X don't go so well together yet .. I've read a guide encouraging to stay on Hermes v4 with CFG loader .. and the devs of CFG loader say 5.X support is not 100% tested even in 59a and I have 58release

staying on 222 v4 38+37 for now

thanks for your answer

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you keep having your problem it wouldn't hurt to update to v5. Just because it's not tested doesn't mean it won't work.

The worst that would happen is you'd reinstall v4. There's nothing wrong with installing old cIOSs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-