Custom Themes--Music Only?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Kurausukun, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Kurausukun
    OP

Kurausukun GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2014
    United States
    I want to have a custom home menu that uses the exact same background and assets as the default/no-theme 3DS, but I want to use custom menu music. Is there a way I can accomplish this? Are the default theme assets rippable from the 3DS like the extdata ones so I can use Themely to build an identical theme with different music?

2. erman1337

erman1337 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2015
    Belgium
    Brussels
    It's in the home menu romfs I think

3. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Near N3DS
    There is a rip of the basic themes floating around. I think I saw it at that iso site where they have the official themes.

4. Kurausukun
    OP

Apr 6, 2014
    United States
    I'd prefer to rip it on my own, but I guess I could check the iso site. But I dumped my home menu and I did get the basic red/yellow/black/etc. themes, but I couldn't find the default theme--in the first place the entire .cia was only 3.3MB or so, I doubt the entire theme including the bgm would fit into that (I could be wrong though). What type of file(s) am I looking for, and can they be opened just with YATA+?

EDIT: I've scoured the site, but I couldn't find dumps of the system themes. If you know where they are, could you point me to them? Or better yet, confirm with me how to extract it myself?

Last edited by Kurausukun, Jun 5, 2017
  5. erman1337

erman1337 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2015
    Belgium
    Brussels
    Oh if you want the default theme just open usagi theme editor, it loads the default theme. Just enable the bgm flag then save

6. Kurausukun
    OP

Apr 6, 2014
    United States
    I'll test this tomorrow, thanks. I'm still curious where the actual theme lives in the 3DS, but if this works properly, then good enough I guess.

7. Kurausukun
    OP

Apr 6, 2014
    United States
    Just tested it, it works perfectly. Thanks for telling me, Usagi is a great editor.