Capture.PNG

Edit: can someone make the song loop please

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's one more theme before I go to sleep.
Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
Music: Extreme Extrication (high quality version from iOS version of the game)

As it scrolls by, you get to see the cast of 999! And Zero is on the bottom screen.
kvqUuTM.jpg

Download

Convert your sound to a WAV file and try to get the size of it between 10 and 11 MB. Then use the BRSTM converter to make it loop correctly and make a BRSTM. Finally, convert that BRSTM into a BCSTM. If the WAV you tried to convert was between 10 and 11 MB the resulting BCSTM should be the right size to work correctly.

Also, thank you very much!

I've noticed something about your themes - you seem to have the system buttons (like change icon size, theme settings) as well as the cursor changed to reflect the color scheme of the theme. How did you do it? Did you just find a purple theme and edit over that?

Oh, and also, were you able to find a BRSTM to BCSTM converter, or did you pull the BCSTM from brawlcustommusic? I can make myself a .brstm, no problem, but I can't convert it to a .bcstm and keep the loop, as EFE only accepts .wav as an input.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys how do you install these themes I have the HomeMenu_ExtDataTool.cia file so do I install that and then what do I do with the themes files to install with the body_LZ & bgm.bcstm?

Download https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenu_extdatatool/releases
Copy the body_LZ.bin (and bg.btstm) from the theme into /3ds/3ds_homemenu_extdatatool or to the root if you're using gateway.
Use the tool to enable cache (If you had a DLC theme selected it's already on but it doesn't hurt to check!) and then copy SD theme cache to extdata.
You can now go to the menu and the theme should appear?

Im using the homemenu extdatatool.cia version then I put all my contents (body_LZ & bgm.bcstm & extdatatool.cia files) on the route of my sd card boot up the banner menu then click on Enable theme-cache then I should click on copy theme cache from sd to extdata go back to home menu and it should be there but its not? What am I doing wrong?

stagehands11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys how do you install these themes I have the HomeMenu_ExtDataTool.cia file so do I install that and then what do I do with the themes files to install with the body_LZ & bgm.bcstm?

Copy the body_LZ.bin (and bg.btstm) from the theme into /3ds/3ds_homemenu_extdatatool or to the root if you're using gateway.
Use the tool to enable cache (If you had a DLC theme selected it's already on but it doesn't hurt to check!) and then copy SD theme cache to extdata.

Im using the homemenu extdatatool.cia version then I put all my contents (body_LZ & bgm.bcstm & extdatatool.cia files) on the route of my sd card boot up the banner menu then click on Enable theme-cache then I should click on copy theme cache from sd to extdata go back to home menu and it should be there but its not? What am I doing wrong?

everything you did was right, now you just need to go to settings, other settings, I think you select the mic test or the touch screen one then simply go back to your home menu. or you could also try just booting your gateway again and it would be there.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
everything you did was right, now you just need to go to settings, other settings, I think you select the mic test or the touch screen one then simply go back to your home menu. or you could also try just booting your gateway again and it would be there.

Yeah thanks booting it back up again worked fine, its great stuff but is there no way of saving your theme and installing another and select which one you want from the theme menu or do you have to delete both files on your sd-card to replace with the other two files for a different theme to change themes all the time? No way of having other themes on your sd-card and select which one you want?

ubergeek77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you've never used themes on your 3DS before, you may need to go in and choose a basic theme first. That was my problem when I tried to make a theme, and I noted that it took a while to access the themes for the first time.

stagehands11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah thanks booting it back up again worked fine, its great stuff but is there no way of saving your theme and installing another and select which one you want from the theme menu or do you have to delete both files on your sd-card to replace with the other two files for a different theme to change themes all the time? No way of having other themes on your sd-card and select which one you want?

currently, all we can do is just that. we can't have other custom themes at the same time. technically we can if you have the .cia for it but since we're both using gateway, we cannot install those .cia's yet because they're unsigned. if gateway fixes it, then it's possible.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyway its very minimal compared to what we can do having our own themes, so its cool! Can a really clever chappy that is good at doing these themes, I would do it myself but I know for sure I would just make a bad job of something that would be good. Can someone create please a Super Mario Sunshine theme and also a Luigi's Mansion theme please, I would really appreciate that doing for me :)

Reactions: MajinCubyan

ubergeek77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there currently a method of ripping the theme cache out of an existing .cia? I don't have a 4.5 3DS so I can't extract them myself.

Also, do we have a way to use the basic color themes as a template for our custom themes?

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm personally holding off on hex editing the body_lz.bin file but in case it helps anyone, the tmp.bin file left in the tools folder when you make a theme (created with wwcxtool.exe) should be the decompressed form of the body_lz.bin file in case you know how to alter it to customize things even more. It's not something I feel comfortable with messing with right now but this page documents it some http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Home_Menu/Themes#Decompressed_body_LZ.bin_structure

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed something about your themes - you seem to have the system buttons (like change icon size, theme settings) as well as the cursor changed to reflect the color scheme of the theme. How did you do it? Did you just find a purple theme and edit over that?

Oh, and also, were you able to find a BRSTM to BCSTM converter, or did you pull the BCSTM from brawlcustommusic? I can make myself a .brstm, no problem, but I can't convert it to a .bcstm and keep the loop, as EFE only accepts .wav as an input.
Yeah I just modified the Persona Q theme, which is purple. I wish I could figure out how to change it to some other color, but hey, I like purple so for now...oh well.

I'll look for the link to that BRSTM > BCATM converter. I found it here. I'll post it later.

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually had it as a gray color but I changed to the Link Between Worlds template which has that yellow (I changed to get rid of the sound the previous template had playing when you open your 3DS on the homescreen). I believe someone will come up with a way to edit that for each theme instead of relying on what was set before, but I'll see if I can find a different template in the meantime.

I've also changed the folder icon, how does this look instead of the one I had before?
1E2PzdE.png

EDIT: I'm thinking my theme may not need scrolling for the top screen, really. If I find a template that only scrolls on the bottom screen, I may use that and pick a good pose for Samus up top (just like the way you currently have it is fine) and then let the user have that part set no matter where they scroll on the bottom.

Has the version of the theme with this icon been uploaded anywhere yet?

c4655362

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If "slightly" altering an existing file allowed legal sharing, all ROMs and ISO will be altered by one single pixel or letter !
yeah, free games.
no, altering a paid or officially released content doesn't make it legal to share.

If you take a theme, or part of it from eShop or any game content/DLC, you can't share it (as in "you didn't create that content yourself").
other resources fall in fair use (using screenshot from your favorite movie, etc.)
So no custom themes are allowed because they all use DLC themes as a base? Some of these custom themes still have some of the base folders and sounds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol