Homebrew Custom Theme Thread

DobleC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tales of Phantasia ! awesome . i have made a ToP one try looking at it https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-theme-thread.377399/page-64#post-5459290

i am too lazy from work or i would make that theme for you :) , i could try tonight if no one else does, anyone making Tales related themes are very welcome <3

OMG, I was watching your themes , and fell in love with this: http://up.picr.de/21670722mi.jpg

As to make the theme, do not worry, if you are too lazy I will use the wonderful theme of Leon :wub:

Reactions: leonmagnus99

Mauste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lineage II theme this time. My next theme is going to be a Lineage II theme as well.
Lineage II is the best MMORPG of all time! Hopefully Lineage Eternal will be as amazing :)

4ulrANT.png

Background Music:
Lineage II - Unicorn's Rest (Elven village theme) [perfect loop]

Sound Effects:
Move Cursor: Lineage II - Soulshot Activated
Launch Application: Lineage II - Elven female emote: admiration
Close Application: Lineage II - Elven female emote: Scare
Create/Delete Folder: Lineage II - Elven female emote: Scare
Open 3DS: Lineage II - Elven female emote: Dance

Download from www.3dsthemes.com!

Septimo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been quite a bit since my last theme, so I'm finally uploading this iDOLM@STER theme featuring Miki Hoshii. A lot of work went into this theme, since the touch screen cycles through a cute little dancing animation rendered from the Taiko no Tatsujin games (I left Don and Katsu in the background since I thought they were real cute).

I had to manually render Miki out of the background and re-position her center stage. I don't know how to adequately use PhotoShop, so I had to use Colors! 3D to accomplish this. Also, one of her legs was blocked off by the foreground, so I had to redraw several parts, too. The custom sound effects are from the iDOLM@STER Dearly Stars DS game, the BGM is a short version of ONLY MY NOTE (M@STER VERSION), and the folders are themed after the iDOLM@STER logo. The end result is pretty neat!

Anyway!

mhQR20e.gif

This theme features:
  • SFX (iDOLM@STER Dearly Stars)
  • Cycling Touch Screen (Miki Hoshii Dance Steps [Taiko no Tatsujin])
  • BGM (ONLY MY NOTE [M@STER VERSION])
  • Folders (iDOLM@STER Logo)
  • Borders (A Simple, Pink Design)
  • CHMM Preview
Download

Last edited by Septimo,

GaryOakPR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I want to ask a quick question.

I have a theme to near completion, but there is just one thing I cannot figure out. I honestly can't figure out how to insert the BCSTM music. The music in question is the Pokemon XY Pokemon Center music, downloaded directly from brawcustommusic with no modifications. It's 1.67 MB, so it's obviously under the 3.3 MB requirement.
I tried dragging it into YATA+, saving it under "bgm.BCSTM", "BGM.BCSTM", "bgm.bcstm", "Bgm.bcstm", renaming it to "BgmCache.bin" etc, but no matter what I do, I just can't get it to play on the home screen. All that happens is that it's muted except for the default sound effects that play. It plays just fine in YATA+.
Is there something I'm missing? Am I doing something wrong? I've tried scouting out on the internet but I couldn't find an answer that works for me.

Basically, can someone walk me through the music insertion process, and how to get it to play when inserting a theme in CHMM? Online guides just aren't helping me. I'd like an answer as soon as possible, since I can't really find any reliable answers online currently, and I've been all over. As of now, I presume the issue is how I'm inserting it into YATA+, I think it'd help for me to get a general rundown of every process in adding music so I can pinpoint exactly where I am going wrong.

Last edited by GaryOakPR,

10twenty4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody know the pixel distance between the two screens? I know it's 16
Okay I want to ask a quick question.

I have a theme to near completion, but there is just one thing I cannot figure out. I honestly can't figure out how to insert the BCSTM music. The music in question is the Pokemon XY Pokemon Center music, downloaded directly from brawcustommusic with no modifications. It's 1.67 MB, so it's obviously under the 3.3 MB requirement.
I tried dragging it into YATA+, saving it under "bgm.BCSTM", "BGM.BCSTM", "bgm.bcstm", "Bgm.bcstm", renaming it to "BgmCache.bin" etc, but no matter what I do, I just can't get it to play on the home screen. All that happens is that it's muted except for the default sound effects that play. It plays just fine in YATA+.
Is there something I'm missing? Am I doing something wrong? I've tried scouting out on the internet but I couldn't find an answer that works for me.

Basically, can someone walk me through the music insertion process, and how to get it to play when inserting a theme in CHMM? Online guides just aren't helping me. I'd like an answer as soon as possible, since I can't really find any reliable answers online currently, and I've been all over. As of now, I presume the issue is how I'm inserting it into YATA+, I think it'd help for me to get a general rundown of every process in adding music so I can pinpoint exactly where I am going wrong.

It should just be bgm.bcstm. Did you enable background music for your theme (under theme settings), right? Do other themes with music play?

GaryOakPR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should just be bgm.bcstm. Did you enable background music for your theme (under theme settings), right? Do other themes with music play?
Yes I have Background music enabled. I haven't tried any other custom themes with music yet, give me a second to check that.

Update: I installed an official theme (Eevee Collection- Espeon and Umbreon) through the exact same method I'm installing my own custom one. Music is playing on that one, but not on my own custom theme.

10twenty4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have Background music enabled. I haven't tried any other custom themes with music yet, give me a second to check that.

Update: I installed an official theme (Eevee Collection- Espeon and Umbreon) through the exact same method I'm installing my own custom one. Music is playing on that one, but not on my own custom theme.
Alright. Now try swapping your bcstm with another one that you know works.

GaryOakPR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's weird, but fixable. Just pull out your SD to load the default theme (turn off the ds first, of course)
I find it odd because it's just suddenly doing this now, even though it never happened before. Is there a way to make sure it doesn't crash my system?

GaryOakPR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just try resaving it from YATA. Do you wanna post your .bin here? I could see if I can get it to work
Yeah I'll post it right now, it should have everything you need to work it out. Also resaving it worked, but it didn't fix my music issue. The one I have attached is the one I resaved.
Also it seems that switching the music is what was causing the crash.

Attachments

• Goomy.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 139

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Here.

Your base wav was too high in quality, I switched it to 22050 Hz and now the file size is reasonable.

Also: You can press Y + Up, Down, or Right to take a screenshot on your 3DS home menu.
Or you can just adjust which parts of the bgm you want the theme to use when you convert it (WAV->BCSTM). That's what the START and END slider markers are for. But yeah, it's better to work with a properly made WAV file from the get-go.

10twenty4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'll post it right now, it should have everything you need to work it out. Also resaving it worked, but it didn't fix my music issue. The one I have attached is the one I resaved.
Found the problem. It's your sound effects. I'm not sure if you're using any or not, but disable sfx in YATA and music works.

GaryOakPR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found the problem. It's your sound effects. I'm not sure if you're using any or not, but disable sfx in YATA and music works.
Oh was that it? That was actually a simple fix for something I thought was complicated. Thanks for you help I really appreciate it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk