Hacking Custom IOSX rev18 Installer released

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
theroar said:
I cannot get any games to work as well. 4.1E wii. Using GX or Configurable. In GX I get to the games, but when I try to launch FIFA10 I get a black screen with a green bar at the top. Also tried Neigbothood games.

Wondering about deleting 250 with ATD? The installer for v18 only hits 249... why delete 250?

Thanks.

Roar
generally (and I don't think it's changed with R18) 250 contains a backup of 249, in case of stubbing (like with 4.2 official update)

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
ian2009 said:
im still using rev 15, every time i update to a leter version, my usb loaders don't work or they hang on a black screen, im using the network intallation option.
Try to install rev17 (it's the most stable and compatible right now) and download the latest version of your loader - if you're using an old version it may not support the new revs.

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tHciNc said:
Over and over does it have to be said, main module has changed location, loaders wont work properly until changes are implemented
So which loader was changed for compatibility yet? None?
*goes back to 17*

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
wiiluver135 said:
tHciNc said:
Over and over does it have to be said, main module has changed location, loaders wont work properly until changes are implemented
*goes back to 17*
CFG-Loader works (for me). I also heard that GX works with cIOSrev18, but I didn't test.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
wiiluver135 said:
tHciNc said:
*goes back to 17*
CFG-Loader works (for me). I also heard that GX works with cIOSrev18, but I didn't test.

And the latest NeoGamma. Doesn't work in SNEEK though, you get "Connection to WBFS lost" message when launching games

waninkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
waninkoko:
cfg hangs with cios249 rev18 when trying to open: /dev/sdio/sdhc
That was working with previous revisions, has this changed?
If just use the standard sd device it seems to work fine.

Well... SDHC module wasn't modified so no idea :/ (well, I improved a little the SD code but that code is only used when calling IOS_Ioctlv, so it shouldn't affect when trying to open it).

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
wiiluver135 said:
tHciNc said:
*goes back to 17*
Ok CFG works...I guess it because I'm using a later build (ver51) well I'll go update and see, but it looks like Loadstructor-1.7+cLoader-1.6 that made my channel shortcuts doesn't work anymore...I guess I'll wait for them to update as well
*goes and tries again*

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
cwstjdenobs said:
Blue-K said:
wiiluver135 said:
tHciNc said:
*goes back to 17*

And the latest NeoGamma. Doesn't work in SNEEK though, you get "Connection to WBFS lost" message when launching games
Same for Wiiflow. But at least it starts. So lets wait for the changes to be made and then lets see what is working and what not. But please dont test every loader and say it doesnt work. Like Waninkoko said 30min ago changes have to be done to get the loaders working properly. And to everybody: Nobody cares which cIOS Revision you're sticking with. Its like those people saying that XP was much better then Vista, meaningless.

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
waninkoko said:
oggzee said:
waninkoko:
cfg hangs with cios249 rev18 when trying to open: /dev/sdio/sdhc
That was working with previous revisions, has this changed?
If just use the standard sd device it seems to work fine.

Well... SDHC module wasn't modified so no idea :/ (well, I improved a little the SD code but that code is only used when calling IOS_Ioctlv, so it shouldn't affect when trying to open it).
I have tried your original SDUSB-Loader 1.2 - 1.5 and it also hangs while starting up, which also uses this device.
Your USB-Loader 1.1 starts up fine (but says USB init error of course because of the different usb2 device name)
So I don't think I'm doing it wrong.
I should also mention that I have a normal SD card, not SDHC, but up to rev17 it was working fine.
I don't know what happens when opening /dev/sdio/sdhc with an actual SDHC card, because i don't have one.

edit: even with no SD card inserted it hangs.

theroar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get that the loaders needed to be modified. I grabbed the r919 dol (GX) that was put up in the last 12hrs, hoping it would work.

Will wait patiently. =)

Maybe start a new thread that states Rev18 up.. Loaders and Apps that can use it... following soon.

It took a long time to get to page 14 of this thread for the advice.

have a good one.

Roar

ps... configurable has a version 54b3 out from 2 hrs ago... Has to wait till I am back from church... dang!

http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader/downloads/list

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
theroar said:
I get that the loaders needed to be modified. I grabbed the r919 dol (GX) that was put up in the last 12hrs, hoping it would work.

Will wait patiently. =)

Maybe start a new thread that states Rev18 up.. Loaders and Apps that can use it... following soon.

It took a long time to get to page 14 of this thread for the advice.

have a good one.

Roar

ps... configurable has a version 54b3 out from 2 hrs ago... Has to wait till I am back from church... dang!

http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader/downloads/list

I see the Neogamma r8 beta thread was updated today and Neogamma r8 RC3* is out may be the change to make rev18 working

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For now, i can see the real difference between rev 17 and rev 18 (i know there is but at least the new one seems to work as goog as the other).

All is good (dvd backup, USBloaderGX, ... )

Thanks Waninkoko.

I'm waiting reports with the different IOS base (i used 57 as waninkoko says it's better).

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mattjd said:
I see the Neogamma r8 beta thread was updated today and Neogamma r8 RC3* is out may be the change to make rev18 working

I think its a brawl+ fix

WiiPower mentioned that DL might be broken yet again, and so might not support r18 in neogamma.

ClockWorK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to see if I can get cIOSrev18 running under SNEEK. I installed cIOS248rev18 (base 57) onto my Wii and made a new NAND dump for SNEEK.

Here's my result trying to load USB Loader GX or CFG under SNEEK with IOS249rev18 (base 57):

Reloading IOS 249 ... GetNumTicketViews too many views: 96

Everything seems fine when I run from real NAND. Anyone else seen this?

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
waninkoko said:
Yeah, it is broken because of a "inoffensive" fix in fat-module. Anyway I already fixed it.
I love you forever for fixing the laggy menus in The Conduit, now I can frag in peace +100,000 rep (if possible)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY