Hacking Custom IOSX rev18 Installer released

leoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i installed rev 18 with base 57 and now my usbloader gx forwarder channel wont load my hard drive. The only way it will work is if i stick an sd card in the wii and load it from the hombrew channel. Why is this? Help, please.

Everlasting Nigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vincent Valentine said:
i installed with IOS38 as base, and now Wadmanager, Neogamma, Softchip have all died on me T.T Any Ideas?

That's strange, Wadmanager 1.4 as a channel, 1.5 as a HBC app and NeoGamme works when I installed IOS38..

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
cobleman said:
Vincent Valentine said:
cobleman said:
Vincent Valentine said:
i installed with IOS38 as base, and now Wadmanager, Neogamma, Softchip have all died on me T.T Any Ideas?
Did you use a SDHC i did to and it didnt work then i used standard SD and it worked
Ok now you have lost me, what do you mean to install the cIOS? or to run them, cause i had wads installed for the channels and no, i used a normal SD to install.
When i was useing wad manager after installing new cios249 i lost SDHC compatability and wad manager was coming up with error -1
we have different issues then, mine just loads to nothing but a black screen.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rumsey said:
OtakuGamerZ said:
rumsey said:
Okay I need someone who is USING SNEEK to do some testing for me.
1) Have you got this installed?
2) What IOS did you use to install? (not the base ios...)
3) Was it trucha patched
4) If yes to question 1, can you try running the installer again and use IOS249 for the installation
5) Did it hang for you too?
I'm on SNEEK with a 4.2U nand
1) Yes
2) 36 v3351, The same IOS I use to install WADs in SNEEK.
3) No, (I think) my HBC is running off of 36 and it isn't upside down. If it was trucha'd it woulds upside down right?
4) Trying...
5) Yup, It said "Loading..." never finished and wiimote disconnected

This confirms my suspicions. I imagine there will be several people who used this "install method" thinking it was installed properly when it really wasn't. In order to get this to work right I had to use any title deleter to delete ios249 and 250. Then I ran the installer again using ios36 with base57, after that installation I was able to run the installer again and select 249 (if I wanted) without it hanging, and this is how I knew it was finally installed correctly.
A note - all this was done in sneek.

edit: also pertaining to number 3, trucha wouldn't flip your HBC and I've since found it doesn't make a difference if you are trucha'd or not since the ES spoofing of SNEEK will let this install work no matter what. I suggest you copy what I did above to ensure your ios installed properly.
Yeah, I had to follow these steps before I could finally get the cIOS installed properly. Even deleting IOS249 and IOS250 in ShowMiiNAND didn't cause it to be fully erased. Only ATD did the trick.

EDIT: Oddly enough, the IOS still doesn't show up in ShowMiiNAND, though it appears to be loading code like it ought to. Weird.

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So hmm, am I right in assuming that if i use IOS38 as base instead of the default IOS57, then WAD MANAGER will keep on working?

Edit: Tried and yep, that did it.
So if you wanna keep Wad Manager working, don't use BASE57, use BASE38, at least for now!

Edit2: and now GX games give a black screen -_-
going back to rev17 for good.

rumsey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Yeah, I had to follow these steps before I could finally get the cIOS installed properly. Even deleting IOS249 and IOS250 in ShowMiiNAND didn't cause it to be fully erased. Only ATD did the trick.

EDIT: Oddly enough, the IOS still doesn't show up in ShowMiiNAND, though it appears to be loading code like it ought to. Weird.

Same issue here. I did these steps on several nands, on the first one 249 and 250 showed up properly in showmiiwads and i was able to delete them. In another nand 249 and 250 DIDN'T show in showmiiwads so I assumed they weren't there but I was able to tell the install was not working (since i could not install from 249 after installing... this may be confusing but i think you understand
smile.gif
), however when i checked with ATD they showed up and deleting them and using ios36 allowed it to install properly.
It's weird but they were somehow "hidden" from showmiiwads. Anyways I imagine lots of other people who don't do thorough testing will think they have installed it properly when they in fact have not. Luckily we caught it
wink.gif
. Glad that other peoples input were ably to verify my observations, when i do this on other people's wiis i will be sure to double check it installed properly.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonder what that's about anyway? I'm gonna try it out on my real NAND, then make a backup of that to see if it shows up in ShowMiiNAND after that.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
pepxl said:
guys try YAWMM it has a fix for Rev18 apparently

http://code.google.com/p/yawmm/source/list

I compiled it and it is just 524 kb. The boot.dol that is availble in the download section however is 613 kb. Any explanations ?

That is wierd but i just tried this with rev18 57 base and i still cant install any wads, but it actually recognizes my sd card and mounts it which is a nice step forward. Do either the one you compiled or the download one actualyl work for you on rev18?

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Dont know why peeps werent ready for this

Waninkoko posted: Note for developers. EHCI module device name has been renamed from /dev/usb/ehc to /dev/usb2 so... prepare your tools for rev18 ;-) 2 weeks ago

icyrainz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only use USB Loaders to load games from my HDD. USB Loader GX and CFG USB Loader work fine then. I use Hermes 222v4 to load games so I don't need to upgrade to cIOS v18 of wankin , right ?

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
ziddey said:
wonder if it would have been possible for waninkoko to have put a symlink for legacy support
That would just make people lazy and keep them from updating their tools. It's really a quick fix that should be implemented by most in no time.

rumsey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ziddey said:
wonder if it would have been possible for waninkoko to have put a symlink for legacy support

symlink? exactly what operating system do you think your wii is running? you seem to be confused.

matsurisan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
He could have registered both device names for the module.
s/could/should/g

As of now, every homebrew that accesses the HD is needlessy broken.

I hope for a quick fix r19, back to the old device name.

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sigh... de blob no longer works with ios57 or ios38 as base install neither does MPT prime 3. I think we have the needs a disk in the drive bug back except there is no fix this time. Someone try deadly creatures, prime 3, and any other game that had that bug in it before.

rumsey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matsurisan said:
tueidj said:
s/could/should/g

I disagree completely, its been changed for good reason. r17 works fine for you so why don't you stick with it till your favorite HB developer gets updated.
with it till your favorite HB developer gets updated.

matsurisan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rumsey said:
matsurisan said:
tueidj said:
s/could/should/g

I disagree completely, its been changed for good reason. r17 works fine for you so why don't you stick with it till your favorite HB developer gets updated.
with it till your favorite HB developer gets updated.
Care to elaborate on the good reason?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.