Hacking Custom IOS36 rev 08

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
micahkanchan said:
This new cIOS has a huge speed improvement. I've been playing around with a couple of my backups and the loading times have significantly increased, and with sonic and the black knight the loading times are decreased by half and the videos no longer stutter. If anything I swear this is 6x..lol.

could you elaborate....is this using the backup launcher ? , are we supposed to see a speed improvements using the backup launcher?? i thought this was affecting modchip users that launched their original with the backup launcher and would now get the expected 6x instead of backup 3x.

please explain your setup and can anyone confirm a speed improvement using backup launcher (softmod) with NO modchip (I dont have one)

thanks!

btw you say the loadings times have significantly INCREASED , is that a typo?

micahkanchan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ringorinfret said:
micahkanchan said:
This new cIOS has a huge speed improvement. I've been playing around with a couple of my backups and the loading times have significantly increased, and with sonic and the black knight the loading times are decreased by half and the videos no longer stutter. If anything I swear this is 6x..lol.

could you elaborate....is this using the backup launcher ? , are we supposed to see a speed improvements using the backup launcher?? i thought this was affecting modchip users that launched their original with the backup launcher and would now get the expected 6x instead of backup 3x.

please explain your setup and can anyone confirm a speed improvement using backup launcher (softmod) with NO modchip (I dont have one)

thanks!

btw you say the loadings times have significantly INCREASED , is that a typo?
lmao..yea my bad. I meant loading times have significantly decreased. I dont have a mod chip by the way. I just have the new CIOSCORP. HAven't tried backup launcher but this is an overall better cIOS than ever before.

TwilightFireFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like certain things for me will work on the homebrew channel and other things won't even show up like this so far and Wad manager. Which I have an apps folder and all that jazz.

Sorry to slow things down here with basic stuff but serously where do I need to put the new cIOS on my card if anyone is willing to point me out in the right direction here.

Cygoku

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am using SoftChipR87 + "IOS249 Rev8" + SoftMod ... and there is NO such thing as speed improvement.

Modchip user ONLY can get 6x.

Cygoku

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
does this effect a wii with softmii 2.1.1 or is it ok to do this via network
ohmy.gif
all the wimbling makes me a lil nervous damnit you guys! lol (btw wasup linkinworm! hows it goin bro)

getrehl

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TwilightFireFox said:
It seems like certain things for me will work on the homebrew channel and other things won't even show up like this so far and Wad manager. Which I have an apps folder and all that jazz.

Sorry to slow things down here with basic stuff but serously where do I need to put the new cIOS on my card if anyone is willing to point me out in the right direction here.

For IOS36 rev 8:

SD:\apps\IOS36_rev_8_installer\boot.dol

run the app from the HBC and it will patch the IOS on the fly to 249 rev 8.

For Wad Manager:
SD:\apps\Wad_Manager\boot.dol

For Wads:

SD:\wad\*.wad (actual wad files)

TwilightFireFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I remember I have to rename the dol to boot.dol. Thanks GUYS! Lotsa help lol.

*UPDATE*

You the man getrehl. I didn't refresh the page but thanks for replying. I actually did figure it out before reading this after looking into my app folder a light bulb light up when I kept seeing boot.dol in the folders.

micahkanchan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Cygoku said:
I am using SoftChipR87 + "IOS249 Rev8" + SoftMod ... and there is NO such thing as speed improvement.

Modchip user ONLY can get 6x.

Cygoku
By speed improvement I did not mean 6x. I know its 3x but I meant overall responsiveness and load times were shorter. I use CIOSCORP.

staller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok do you install the new cioscorps v2 after you have installed ios36 rev 8 or vice versa. in what order do i install (also where the hell do i get cioscorps v2). thank you for your time.

staller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonic and all other games work fine for me-- i just want the cioscorps v2 link or directions on where to get it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OriginalHamster said:
001 error has nothing to do with Sam and Max problem right?

I guess you still have problems to load the game? With cioscorp it should work fine, but i can understand if you don't want to install it, in this case try this:
1. IOS Version patch the game to IOS249 or install a cIOS as IOS33
2. Get the game detected by the disc channel somehow, without preloader you only have to run the Gamma rebooter. How you get this with preloader and without a cIOS30, i don't know
3. Turn off your Wii! (I'm really serious)
4. Turn your Wii on again and play the game
5. Post your results here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, AncientBoi be like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxLoR6H7GxQ