Hacking Custom IOS36 rev 08

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Yep, i feel confused too ... you were able to achieve this BEFORE the release of rev8?

Unlike others i think that fixing the 001/002 errors within the cIOS is a good thing, the same goes for the MultiGame support. I bet it will all appear clear to us when Wanin'll release his Multi Game Launcher.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBlaster said:
Well i know i said i wasn't going to test it, But i couldn't help myself.lol Well the Updated CIOSCORP does work, not sure of the improvements as of right now But it is just has stable has the Old CIOSCORP I did not brick installing the New CIOS30v2 rev8 for the system menu plus i tested the new CIOS9v2 DIP rev8 just to make sure Older Games still work, No Problems there neither still haven't tested on more recent Error001 002 yet
I'd be happy to help you out in testing those!

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
urherenow said:
what are people talking about here (enable DL games)? I don't have a mod chip, I just used the softmii package and I've always been able to play SSBB. Yes I got the dual layer version burned to a dual layer disc. Little bit confused here....
With gamma I get a DVD read error using DL SSBB and cIOS36 rev7. Never tryed with cIOScorp... I must try.

e46saugen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
With cIOScorp you get the same error as with wiigators gammaloader and cIOS rev7. Now with rev8 and gamma i can play Dual-Layer games (without modchip, and nothing ripped of the game 1:1 copy).

waninkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
@Waninkoko and/or Linkinworm:
1. Is "IOCTL_DI_OFFSET" a special new command?
Don't new commands make the cIOS more attackable to copy protection? A game would just have to try to use that command and if it works, it knows that it's running a cIOS. That sounds pretty "dangerous" to me.

2. Is the SetOffsetBase command now working the same as it does in nintendo's IOS?

3. How and why is the 002 error in the cIOS fixed, while it's a loader issue? (with cioscorp and the old dip you don't get the 002 error)

4. The 001 error is fixed inside the cIOS now, does that mean that DL discs are now enabled?

1. No. It's the implementation of IOCTL_DI_OFFSET for DVDROM discs (the original command only works with originals).

2. Well... no. But now you can use DVD_Offset() with DVDROM.

3. Error 002 happens because the loaded IOS and the required IOS are not the same. CIOS automatically detects the error 002 code and patches it so loaders don't have to implement it.

4. Yeah, DL discs should work.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
@Waninkoko and/or Linkinworm:
1. Is "IOCTL_DI_OFFSET" a special new command?
Don't new commands make the cIOS more attackable to copy protection? A game would just have to try to use that command and if it works, it knows that it's running a cIOS. That sounds pretty "dangerous" to me.

2. Is the SetOffsetBase command now working the same as it does in nintendo's IOS?

3. How and why is the 002 error in the cIOS fixed, while it's a loader issue? (with cioscorp and the old dip you don't get the 002 error)

4. The 001 error is fixed inside the cIOS now, does that mean that DL discs are now enabled?

4: yes DL disk are supported, i have tested this on SSBB and it works from the system menu, not sure if loaders work.

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skarface05 said:
Damn, can none of you see the improvements from this - it's a better CIOS all round.
So, it is a better Cios all round.

I don't know about all the new features, but it is definitely better.
Wow thanks for clearing that up!!!!!!

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
after 3 times same post i get it
tongue.gif
i already pm'ed him
smile.gif

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow... I'm terribly sorry..

A triple post in fact... 0_o

How that got happen?
I think that is the reason FF asked me if I wanted to send information again once I pressed refresh page...

Oops...
tongue.gif

Glad no one had to get mad...

Also,
Dumping the cIOS's to a WAD you must FS Dump and pack the ticket etc to a Wad right?

How do I know witch map with the ticket etc is the cIOS I'm looking for?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a modchip. It has a 001 fix, but not the 002. So how can I use this v8's 001+002 fix? I just want to load backup discs through the disc channel like I always do. Do I have to point the system menu to this new cios somehow?

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just verified the speed improvement. I'm running dip:ed IOS:es since long, and my Original Boom Blox PAL disk used to make equal disk drive noise to backups when loading––even making the music lag sometimes. Now, with the new dip module, the disk drive is as quiet as before patching all IOS:es and seeks noticably less with the original disc.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
FGOD said:
Just noticed that the cioscorps v2 leaves me with an 001 error on mario kart when booting from disc channel while cios rev8 with gamma works fine, and rev8 should patch those errors away...
the new cios and waninkokos sysmenu patcher works, it must be soemting with CIOS thats messing stuff up

micahkanchan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FGOD said:
Just noticed that the cioscorps v2 leaves me with an 001 error on mario kart when booting from disc channel while cios rev8 with gamma works fine, and rev8 should patch those errors away...
Interesting to note as I have the same problem with Sonic And The Black Knight with the new CIOSCORP wheras the old one worked perfectly. It gives me Error #001. Shouldn't it correct those automatically? Second of all DL Brawl finally works fully. All the cutscenes work and the speed is improved quite a bit. Sort of a bittersweet moment here. Any word why #001 Error shows up when it shouldnt? I'm loading it through the disc channel by CIOSCORP v2 by the way.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
micahkanchan said:
FGOD said:
Interesting to note as I have the same problem with Sonic And The Black Knight with the new CIOSCORP wheras the old one worked perfectly. It gives me Error #001. Shouldn't it correct those automatically? Second of all DL Brawl finally works fully. All the cutscenes work and the speed is improved quite a bit. Sort of a bittersweet moment here. Any word why #001 Error shows up when it shouldnt? I'm loading it through the disc channel by CIOSCORP v2 by the way.

Well maybe the 001error is located in a different app then the Dip which is located in App1 any ideas has to which app file contains the error 001, and i'll patch it in. If thats were the problem is
also if the Old CIOSCORP worked you might Find out which IOS it runs off it and install the OLD CIOSCORP wad just for that game and see how it works?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-